Thread: Green Clawful Mace from the Weapons Pak

Green Clawful Mace from the Weapons Pak

So, I missed this whole fiasco (wasn't collecting at the time). What is the difference in the mace that you get with Clawful, and the one in the weapons pak? Is one colored a slightly different shade of green to better match the vintage figure?
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I think that's what they were going for? Closer to the vintage one. It's funny, 'cause people have asked for all sorts of minor changes to make something closer to the toys in one way or another...and they choose that. Weapon Paks are specifically for getting recolors of weapons...and...

...oh heck, this has been done and said a million ways. The answer is yes, I think they were going for that. And it was a stupid choice.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    brighter green I think.
    the one from the weapons pack; the paint seems to flack & chip off with mine that I got.
    disappointing weapon item, by the way...
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

it should have been done in yellow for Merman. Or any other color really...
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

It certainly was a wonky choice for a repaint, but the weapon pak mace and shield does look good with Dekker.

Heroic Warrior
    If they had done it in a red to match Clawful's shield, I would be fine with it. Really, there are any number of colors they could have made it that I'd be fine with. But a slightly different shade of green? It's just such a bizarre choice, and what's worse, at least IMO, it just really doesn't go well with any of my other figures. About the closest that could maybe work is Dekkar, but it's still a weak fit (plus, I have Dekkar armed with a katana from Final Fantasy 8's Gilgamesh anyway, giving him a kind of samurai look).

Absolute waste of plastic. Who knows what goes through their brains, particularly when there's so many simple recoloured item requests that they don't fulfill.

Loads of the weapon pack weapons have been odd and pointless colours, not sure why the mace is the straw which broke the camels back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Loads of the weapon pack weapons have been odd and pointless colours, not sure why the mace is the straw which broke the camels back.
    Likely because it was not only another stupid choice, it was also near identical to the original, making it beyond redundant.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Giving it to Dekker works, but it was a bit of a let down.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Ruben....as if you have to ask.

I am not really that upset by this. It's not why I got that weapons pack anyways. Most of my weapons pack weapons just sit in the package as a backdrop to the toys. I take out and use a number of them though, and I choose to purchase them for those things alone. Anything else is bonus or at worst extraneous.

That being said slightly different shade of green was royally stupid. I agree that even making it Merman's yellow, or Clawful red...

Luckily it doesnt matter one whit either way, but it could have been a different colour at least.