Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uncertain About Buying the PoP sub? Here Are Some Things To Think About

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

Uncertain About Buying the PoP sub? Here Are Some Things To Think About

Are you thinking about buying a PoP sub (Club Etheria), but you aren't sure if it's for you? Or, maybe you have no interest in it whatsoever. Well, the following are a few reasons you might want to think about.

1. You get 7 really cool figures (I'll come back to this later at the end of my post, describing each character that we know of).

2. Buying THIS sub means more NEW figures get released in 2015.

3. If you DON'T buy this sub and it fails, most of these figures will be pushed into the 2015 Club Eternia line...so you will be buying all but 2 anyway.

4. If you're worried about the $180 + taxes financial aspect, Light Hope is selling for $100 and Madame Razz is selling for $70. Just those two figures alone almost pay for the cost of the entire subscription (minus shipping and customs fees, if you live abroad)! There's also at least one OTHER figure (besides Light Hope) that will only be offered in Club Etheria, with no day-of sale. We don't know who it is, but I'm sure that character will also command a higher price point in the after market.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9221065468

5. If you don't want to sell figures, but are missing one of the expensive after market MOTUC figures (Teela, Sorceress, Fisto, Whiplash, Ram-Man, etc.), since Light Hope and Madame Razz are going for so much, you might be able to make a trade for one of them.

6. If you don't want to sub because you don't want to deal with MattyCollector.com for whatever reason, there are third party re-sellers and online stores (like BigBadToystore) that buy subscriptions and sell pre-orders for the figures on their site. Ordering from them still sells subscriptions. When they sell out of pre-orders, they order even more subs. Some fans on these boards also have stores that will be selling them.

7. This one's a bit of a downer, but a reality. If the PoP sub (Club Etheria) fails, 2015 Club Eternia probably won't make it, which means not finishing the vintage MOTU characters that are left over. All over the internet (and here), people are saying if the PoP sub fails, they will not sub for Club Eternia 2015 because their collection won't be complete and some other reasons. Club Eternia 2014 sold 115% of what was needed to be made and then an additional 5% when the sub was re-opened as a "sub lite" totaling 120%. Currently, the PoP sub (Club Etheria) is at 64%. If just HALF of the people who subscribed to Club Etheria do not subscribe to Club Eternia 2015, that's 32%. That would leave Club Eternia 2015 at 88%. That's not even including the average yearly decrease in subscribers MOTUC has (it's a reality that fewer subs are sold each year and Toyguru has confirmed this).

Anyway, back to the characters.

- Light Hope! This is the first time he has ever had a figure. He's basically Etheria's version of the Sorceress of Grayskull. He appears as a ray of light and gives She-Ra guidance, knowledge, wisdom and encouragement when needed. He's privy to the Secrets of the Crystal Castle and The First Ones (the founders of Etheria, like Eternia's Elders).

More info here:
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Hope

- Madame Razz and Broom! This is also the very first time they have ever had figures. Madame Razz is a very respected witch, who is very old (she lived in Serenia 500-600 years before joining the Great Rebellion). Because of her age, she's forgetful and has difficulty remembering the exact words to her spells. She may not get them exactly like she'd wish, but they usually work out with comic results. Her knowledge of legends and historical events have proven very helpful to the Rebellion. Broom is her faithful friend (and method of transportation). They make a great team and he frequently corrects her spells.

More pics and info here:
    http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...ame/madame.asp

- Double Trouble! Even though she never appeared in the She-Ra cartoon (unless you count Lohni, that looked a little like her and was Adora's friend when she was in the Horde), she had an action figure in the 80's, appeared in a lot of media and was actually in the cartoon's series Bible as Glimmer's cousin (like her MOTUC bio). Her MOTUC bio is almost exactly what the cartoon bible says. One thing that's interesting, is that, since most Etherians don't know she's a Double Agent (spy for the Great Rebellion), almost no one trusts her. They all think she's a Horde member. In the toyline (and most other media), I believe she's just a spy...but the cartoon bible and a colouring book mention she can turn into anyone (changing her voice to match), can squeeze into the tiniest of places, is not a great fighter, but can talk her way out of any situation.

More info here:
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Double_Trouble

Lohni:

- Entrapta! This tricky Golden Beauty has a tricky back story. In the cartoon, she's shown as a part of the Horde (the Horde Inventor). She's always creating extremely high tech devices and traps. She's clever and plots ahead. She used her braids as extra arms, slapping people, controlling levers, etc. In the toy line and other media, Entrapta (and an evil Castaspella for some reason) followed their evil leader, Catra. Entrapta used her braids to trap and attack people. Her gold costume shines in the sunlight. When the Rebels come to investigate the mysterious light in the woods, she attacks. Their main goal seemed to make everyone's lives miserable...and loot whatever they pleased.

More pics and info here:
    http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/evi...a/entrapta.asp

- Sweet Bee (the helmet tease)! Sweet Bee is one of 10,000 Bee People. Sweet Bee was the Hive's scout, searching for a habitable, peaceful planet they could live on after their planet's sun exploded into supernova. Hordak captured her ship and tried to enslave her people (like he enslaved most of Etheria). Sweet Bee can make honey comb objects (like sticky nets to capture foes). He-Man is also QUITE taken with Sweet Bee, whom makes him blush...and enrages Frosta.

More pics and info here:
    http://www.darah.com/she-ra/usrg/reb...e/sweetbee.asp

Those are all the characters we know of for SURE that will be in Club Etheria. There are two more "mystery slots."

Club Etheria can be purchased up until March 10th, here:
    http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...ID.42441306109

Here's a picture by King Tamusk showing off all the figures:

Last edited by Darkspecter; March 7, 2014 at 10:54pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    GREAT thread Darkspecter!!!

Come on guys! IF you haven't already, head over and buy a Club Etheria sub. It has a fantastic line-up!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Great thread, I already got my sub and I can't wait to get all these fantastic figures and know which ones are the last 2.

Nice thread and wow you have taken a lot of time and research! Really impressive.

On Matty´s forum Scott-TOYGURU-Neitlich said that one figure will not get a day of sale just like Sea Hawk in last years mini sub….
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Podcaster
    Entrapta and Light Hope alone are almost worth the entire sub for me, those two are my favorites. Can't wait to add all these new PoP figures to the PoP collection!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Entrapta and Light Hope alone are almost worth the entire sub for me, those two are my favorites. Can't wait to add all these new PoP figures to the PoP collection!
    Tried to order myself but get a message that it's "invalid quantity", looks like the site is not working properly.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    Tried to order myself but get a message that it's "invalid quantity", looks like the site is not working properly.
    Did you try using a different browser?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Great post Darkspector....though I'm not one who needs to be convinced
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Wow very impressive!!!! I'm glad I subbed!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm stoked about this 2 figures!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rakashian Calamari View Post
    Oh! I had that problem when I tried to sub. I wanted TWO subs, but if I changed it to any other number but the original 1, I got that message. If you just add the one sub and go to the check-out page, you can change the number there and it works fine.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 3, 2014 at 11:10pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks, got it ordered, have 3 subs on the way! Go POP sub!
    Good trades with: Cammor

Court Magician
    Great thread. I'll definitely be getting 2 subs, at minimum, though I've been tempted to get 3, which is why I've been waiting to order. In any case, I'll be adding a few subs to the Tally in the next day or two.

Widget
    You've put together a great case! I wish they'd allow PoP subscribers access to April's EA so we can grab Loo-Kee and Kowl as well.

Fantastic thread! Makes me want to order a third Club Etheria sub...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Awesome. But the poor execution on Double Trouble was enough to put me right off subbing.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Awesome. But the poor execution on Double Trouble was enough to put me right off subbing.
    It is unfortunate Mattel Design changed her head from the amazing sculpt the 4H made...but it is what it is. She still looks fantastic (besides the neck). Also (as stated above), if the PoP sub fails, she will be in Club Eternia 2015. She will probably be the January figure...and she's already produced and carded. So, she will for sure be in one sub or another.

I was just going to buy one sub at the end of the week, but you have got me thinking of getting two now

Since Toyguru did not say that Madame Razz would not be the 'NO Day of Sale' figure, and it would be a really big deal if she was also sub only...I wonder if it will be Entraptra?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Since Toyguru did not say that Madame Razz would not be the 'NO Day of Sale' figure, and it would be a really big deal if she was also sub only...I wonder if it will be Entraptra?
    Entrapta would be a good choice, though it won't make a difference if they don't announce it before the sub window closes!
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Great thread! Thank you
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I can't wait to set my Entrapta figure down in front of a squadron of Horde Troopers to command. It's going to be an impressive sight.

I also think, considering Double Trouble's ability...the shaping staff might have made more sense with her...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I updated my first post with some info.

There's also at least one OTHER figure (besides Light Hope) that will only be offered in Club Etheria, with no day-of sale. We don't know who it is, but I'm sure that character will also command a higher price point in the after market.

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/9221065468

5. If you don't want to sell figures, but are missing one of the expensive after market MOTUC figures (Teela, Sorceress, Fisto, Whiplash, Ram-Man, etc.), since Light Hope and Madame Razz are going for so much, you might be able to make a trade for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I can't wait to set my Entrapta figure down in front of a squadron of Horde Troopers to command. It's going to be an impressive sight.

I also think, considering Double Trouble's ability...the shaping staff might have made more sense with her...
    I thought the same thing about the Shaping Staff! I can't wait for Entrapta. She's SO awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by KelvAcos View Post
    Wow very impressive!!!! I'm glad I subbed!!!!!
    Same here! I didn't have any regrets joining this mini-sub.

Great post by the thread starter by the way.
    Cats | Nikon | Transformers | Marvel Universe | Masters of the Universe Classics | Travel | Hobbyist | http://www.flickr.com/photos/denverernest/collections/

Love these kind of topics, I learn so much about POP characters!
    When I was little I haven't whatched She-Ra so I have some holes to fill and I got a sub too!

This is a great thread! Thanks for doing this! I wish I could afford a third sub.

I can't figure out why people don't subscribe. This is the best set of reveals in a long time. Subbing seems like a no-brainer to me.
    Awesome sticker included!