Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Castle Grayskull doesn't get green lighted then what would be an alternative?

If Castle Grayskull doesn't get green lighted then what would be an alternative?

...what would be a cool, but alas a cheaper alternative for a new playset?

Any cool ideas out there?

Have No Fear, Smith Is Here!

If it didn't go forward I think that would probably be the end of any playsets.

But personally, I would really love to see a new Slime Pit, that would've been a great little playset to test the waters.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

The castle facade with a working Jawbridge and plenty of places to display figures. The torrants, the ledge, a large window or balcony. With the ability to add on tiered stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post

But personally, I would really love to see a new Slime Pit, that would've been a great little playset to test the waters.

I like this idea. Could make it look a little like one of Hordak s sanctuaries.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    The castle facade with a working Jawbridge and plenty of places to display figures. The torrants, the ledge, a large window or balcony. With the ability to add on tiered stands.
    This...I would support a front display piece for around 80$ with seperate jaw bridge. I´m only displaying, not playing with my figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't hold out hope for a facade or any kind of larger non-playset type display.

I worry that if the Castle doesn't go through that the MOTUC ride may be coming to an end. Extra things like Weapons Paks, figure stands, and vehicles are staying on the site much longer than MOTU items used to, and if the interest in a Castle is not high enough to get it produced, then the interest in the overall line is probably going to continue to go further down. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong, and really hope the Castle goes through....I think it will.

I doubt they will attempt a facade or much of anything, to be honest. I think MOTUC will keep going (it did before CG, it will after) but it'll be the end to any talk of bigger items.

Still, I don't think that's going to happen. I still have some faith we're gonna make it after all! (cue Mary Tyler Moore theme.)

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    IF it doesn't go through this time then I think that's it. I doubt they will try again. So, if you are interested and not already ordered 1, 2, or even 12 then do so NOW!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

I'd love to get this thing (the Dungeon) and I don't think it would take much design work at all.

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'd love to get this thing (the Dungeon) and I don't think it would take much design work at all.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/archive11.jpg
    Finally, a place for Sir Laser Lot and The Mighty Spector!

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/archive11.jpg
    Wow...I had never seen that until now.
    Hmm, maybe if this is a "go" they can build the CG so this could attach.

Widget
    Hi. First post. I was at the Power Con and Toy Guru said that CG is the feeler for play sets and vehicles. So if CG doesn't go thru then it's most likely to be the end of such things as the Battle Ram which would be done with pre-orders the same way. Don't know if anything has changed since then.

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleArmorEXO View Post
    Hi. First post. I was at the Power Con and Toy Guru said that CG is the feeler for play sets and vehicles. So if CG doesn't go thru then it's most likely to be the end of such things as the Battle Ram which would be done with pre-orders the same way. Don't know if anything has changed since then.
    I think if CG doesn't go thru it will be more than the end for playsets and vehicles. I have a feeling the CG preorder is also to see how much interest there still is in the line as a whole. With 2013 barely getting by, I'd wager management wonders if it is due to waning interest or the dwindling "heavy hitter" characters.

However, I'm fairly confident it will go thru.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I worry that if the Castle doesn't go through that the MOTUC ride may be coming to an end. Extra things like Weapons Paks, figure stands, and vehicles are staying on the site much longer than MOTU items used to, and if the interest in a Castle is not high enough to get it produced, then the interest in the overall line is probably going to continue to go further down. Just my opinion, hope I'm wrong, and really hope the Castle goes through....I think it will.
    I hope you're wrong --but I think you may be right I've been wondering if Mattel was going to use the Castle to gauge to see if there is enough interest for this line to continue. If the preorder fails, I will have a bad feeling overall for the future of the line past 2013.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I think if CG doesn't go thru it will be more than the end for playsets and vehicles. I have a feeling the CG preorder is also to see how much interest there still is in the line as a whole. With 2013 barely getting by, I'd wager management wonders if it is due to waning interest or the dwindling "heavy hitter" characters.

However, I'm fairly confident it will go thru.
    Ditto

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, despite how much I want to see as many playsets and vehicles as we can get, if Grayskull can't get enough buyers on board, I can't imagine you could make a good case that Snake Mountain would be able to (slightly less iconic, but also in the 'big ticket' $250 price range) or even the Fright Zone (you could do that for a lot less - maybe even $100-$150 - but it isn't nearly as recognizable to the casual buyer). I've got my Grayskull preordered, and my fingers crossed, so hopefully this will all end up being a reality come Tuesday at midnight.

WOW--at least we actually got a confirmation that if the CG preorder goes through--Battle Ram etc may be possible as a preorder too--
    I'm going to preorder CG this weekend--this has decided it for me
    Last edited by He-Kal; November 9, 2012 at 03:29pm.

Widget
    I watched thru the video and I misremembered, so I want to post exactly what was said. Sorry for any confusion.

I watched thru the video and I misremembered, so I want to post exactly what was said. Sorry for any confusion.
    [VIDEO]
    Is ok I still really think this is what is going to happen though (preorders for everything depending on the CG test).

Heroic Warrior
    I think, besides my critics on the castle itself,that a success could have apositive effect for vehicles, or things like Stridor & Night Stalker... the Battle Ram is already sculpted

Quote Originally Posted by Fug-Lee-Faces View Post
    I don't think so, and that is just gloom and doom with nothing backing it up. I am not getting the castle but have multiple subs. I think the performance of Granamyr will have a bigger effect on what happens with extra's in the future. I here and see alot of people passing on this and if this item lingers and bombs (sales wise) that would be a real big blow. They have nothing invested in the castle but Grany is already tooled, made and on the way. The funny thing is, that people are saying it is too expensive and at a bad time of year.

I would LOVE this set... It would be really cool... and probably a lot cheaper... But I still have my fingers crossed for CG.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    We are at 81%. It's a good sign. I think we'll make it.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    Check out my signature

I really hope CG gets made, but IF it doesn't I agree that MOTUC will still go on. Future playsets will probably never happen though.