Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Cross-Sell Poster - Toyguru asks: What do we want?

MOTUC Cross-Sell Poster - Toyguru asks: What do we want?

So Toyguru just posted on the Matty forums that he would like to know what we fans want the Cross-Sell Poster to be.

You can read the full statement here:
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4361051787

So, what DO we want?

I would love to see ALL the figures and production variants, thatīs for sure. And I would like to see them in striking poses, not "just standing there"...

Hereīs some details I would like to see:

Moss-Man:
    Should be pictured with his pack-out head, but also include smaller panels with his alternate heads - flocked and unflocked ears. So 3 additional panels for his heads here.
    I wouldnīt need to see him twice on the poster, since heīs basically the same figure otherwise.

Battle-Cat:
    PLEASE get his saddle in the correct position for this poster!

Spirit of Grayskull/Chrome She-Ra:
    Legitimate variants, much as the Bronze SDCC King Grayskull and the regular monthly figure King Grayskull. All versions should be pictured

Skeletor:
    Go the extra-mile and show his 2.0 left hand in a separate panel

All other characters with alternate heads and/or accessories:
    The pack-out version should always be the version of choice for the poster, with additional panels showing the alternate heads or belts, as with Fisto or Grizzlor.

Basic "rule":
    Whenever there are 2 or more individual packed figures, show both (except Moss-Man)
    This applies for e.g. Orko, Marlena Glenn/Queen Marlena, Vykron
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

In fairness, I don't think he's asking for what we'd see in terms of re-doing photos and images to create the poster with new photos. I think he's just asking what figures to put on the poster itself. I could definitely be wrong but that's how it read to me.

I'd like to see all the releases up through Castle Grayskull (and any others that may be coming post-Grayskull if they have the photos to include). Basically, a collection of the photos/images of everything possible in one master "check list".... variants, etc.. you name it. Put it all on there!

Count me in for DJ Forces rundown.

Why don't they just make a nice poster featuring the original Grayskull box art? Or maybe some other awesome vintage art? I have all my figures on display, why would I want a poster of the same thing? To me that's like taking a picture of my display shelf and hanging it next to my display shelf.

If they did a poster of all the vintage card back art, that would be cool, but I don't trust Mattel to produce something aesthetically pleasing at all. They usually produce pretty lackluster images for the card backs, so I'd imagine thus would just be a mess of poorly lit figures and jacked poses.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

I'd like every figure (including all variants like Spirit of Grayskull, Flocked Ears Mossman (could be done like DJ Force said), and Chrome She-Ra) to be included on it.

I'd like a poster of a big battle outside grayskull. i'm with a-star i don't need a picture of my collection and poster of the figures up to that point will look empty without some unreleased favourites

I don't want there to be doubles of anyone. I always hated that Adam and He-Man were in the same battle in the old ones. I just want a huge battle in front of Grayskull.

I'd want everything released up to Castle Grayskull, including variants such BP She-Ra, Captain Glenn, TP He-Man (variants with actual notable difference), but not variants such as SDCC He-Ro or flocked ears Moss Man or TRU She-Ra.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I don't mind a checklist poster if that's the direction they're going in - I've always liked them. If they go this route then they need to include all the figures and main varients (chases can be missed off or con variants). Also the pictures need to be new - not the same images taken from the cardbacks and put into a poster - I'd like newly taken photographs of the figures - and no Battlecat with his saddle halfway up his back

If it's a scene type poster then something like a battle centred around Castle Grayskull.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It takes Castle Grayskull for them to do this? We've been asking for checklists reminiscent of the 80's checklists that came with vehicles or playsets.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Why don't they just make a nice poster featuring the original Grayskull box art? Or maybe some other awesome vintage art? I have all my figures on display, why would I want a poster of the same thing? To me that's like taking a picture of my display shelf and hanging it next to my display shelf.

If they did a poster of all the vintage card back art, that would be cool, but I don't trust Mattel to produce something aesthetically pleasing at all. They usually produce pretty lackluster images for the card backs, so I'd imagine thus would just be a mess of poorly lit figures and jacked poses.
    Agreed. I would rather have a box art poster as the box will probably be going into storage.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

He seems pretty confident if he's asking about this and not concentrating on pushing the Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It takes Castle Grayskull for them to do this? We've been asking for checklists reminiscent of the 80's checklists that came with vehicles or playsets.
    I think that's sort of the point... they know we've been asking... and here's a reason for them to get one made...
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

i'd love them to commission the fwoosh guys to do the poster, checklist style is ok, but make it dynamic, the fwoosh fellas are proven, they can make it shine!! though little time is left I can see that being a HUGE selling point.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

[QUOTE=a-star;3152012]Why don't they just make a nice poster featuring the original Grayskull box art? Or maybe some other awesome vintage art? I have all my figures on display, why would I want a poster of the same thing? To me that's like taking a picture of my display shelf and hanging it next to my display shelf.

I agree, I'd like some vintage art. Maybe a poster of Castle Grayskull or Eternia or MAYBE a RARE EARL NOREM PRINT that we don't get to see as often.

check out my art:
    http://ayotaartwork.deviantart.com/gallery/

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    An photographed checklist of characters would be a nice nod to the 80's but if I had my choice I'd pick an original art piece. Battles are always nice. Castle Grayskull? It's been done. How about a battle around the Fright Zone with both the Heroic Warriors and Evil Warriors amassed around it and the Horde at the center? Plenty of vehicles and beasts would abound.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    An photographed checklist of characters would be a nice nod to the 80's but if I had my choice I'd pick an original art piece. Battles are always nice. Castle Grayskull? It's been done. How about a battle around the Fright Zone with both the Heroic Warriors and Evil Warriors amassed around it and the Horde at the center? Plenty of vehicles and beasts would abound.
    This wouldn't be a bad way to go considering you could have figures that may or may not be planned as well because you wouldn't need their actual sculpts.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFreak53 View Post
    He seems pretty confident if he's asking about this and not concentrating on pushing the Castle.
    Your right about this. I'm mean why ask if your pre-order sales are truly only at 65%. I'd take more suggestion on a poster if pre-sales were at 90%. ??????????????
    Last edited by PIMPS ADAM; November 6, 2012 at 02:14pm.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Id like to see the tru variants in it

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    How cool would it be to see an unrevealed figure snuck in there?

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'd like to see all the releases up through Castle Grayskull (and any others that may be coming post-Grayskull if they have the photos to include). Basically, a collection of the photos/images of everything possible in one master "check list".... variants, etc.. you name it. Put it all on there!
    I would like that! A picture of every released characters, every variants and every "not yet released characters but we know that they are coming by the end of 2013"

In a nutshell, include everyone, even the lamest characters (Cy-chop, Mo-Larr...).

Whether it's a battleground picture or something else doesn't matter...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    A poster of Toyguru shaking hands with Jared from Subway, matted and framed. If Mattel wants to really go the extra mile it will glow in the dark for no reason.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Like Val said, everything and everyone.
    With Rudy's new Grayskull box art on the other side.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    In fairness, I don't think he's asking for what we'd see in terms of re-doing photos and images to create the poster with new photos. I think he's just asking what figures to put on the poster itself. I could definitely be wrong but that's how it read to me.

I was under the impression that it was going to be everything released up to the point of production. That's what I want...a humongous MOTUC visual checklist!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I'd also like a checklist of the figures released, but as an original art piece with all the figure engaging each other in battle.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!