Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Hybrid View

NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Hey buddies,

New York Comic Con is starting today !

Mattypalooza is on saturday - 12h15 Eastern Time

---- REVEALS ----

NYCC News -
    1) Clamp Champ is July's figure with NEW armour!
    2) Snake-Face WILL have his staff!
    3) NA He-man with BALL JOINTED wrist will be the bonus July figure!
    If Castle Grayskull does well, Snake Mountain could be next and it will be the Filmation version.

Castle Grayskull with have a place for the Wind Raider to fit (I assume the flight base)

TNI has images - http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=241&itemid=19320

Last edited by Arvulis; October 13, 2012 at 03:19pm.

Looking forward to any reveals, I believe that is 17:15 UK time then. Yes Lord Dactys would be amazing!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Clamp Champ and NA Skeletor
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I'm gunning for Scorpia or another Filmation/PoP type figure.

I am going to NYCC on Sunday, so I think I will stay off of this site for the next few days. I wanna be surprised when I look at Mattels booth on Sunday! Should be fun.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I doubt we'll see another female so soon after Octavia...

We desperately need some heroes...so far Ram-Man and Netossa are lonely. I'd love to see Hydron, but Lord Dactys would fit the bill.

Hoping we get to see the Horde Troopers or Filmation Hordak for the quarterly slot!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I looked at the pictures and beside poor Karatti who lost his pants, i noticed some other things:

Dawg-O-Tor, the Talon Fighter pilot, misses his yellow see through visor?

Why does Netossas blister card sticker says "Princess of Powers"? I thought they decided to make them Great Rebellion and from now on use that fraction sticker?

Or and here comes a conspiracy theory, they plan on 13 Rebellion members and one XL size for the Swiftwind blister card as there are 13 small sized stickers on the sheet and one larger one and for those who want to stick with PRINCESS OF POWERS can do so the rest can change them and since there has been five Rebel characters, one three pack and one announced it would leave six more spots?
    They are leaving them all with POP stickers for continuity's sake and the people who prefer this sticker. It is pretty simple to put another sticker sheet out again as a pack in when they exceed 13.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    All the original POP toys & Adora will be under the POP logo, not sure about the Filmation ones....I think they will say The Great Rebellion on them since
    they have the stickers for production now, but for continuity, they will likely have Princess of Power on them as well.

And prototypes break all the time, all we have seen is a King He-Man missing pints on his crown, and we were told it was broke, and all points will be there.
    In a way it makes sense they already paid and produced the "PRINCESS OF POWER" Sticker and why waste it if the costumers can stick another sticker on top of it if they like.

I wasn´t complaining(this time ) about Karatti, and i´m sure it´s a quick fix on a prototype but why didn´t those weird fans/wings break on Netossas way to the factory, this i would have liked

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    They are leaving them all with POP stickers for continuity's sake and the people who prefer this sticker. It is pretty simple to put another sticker sheet out again as a pack in when they exceed 13.
    Simple but it still costs again to produce them and as we know cost is an issue but as i said it´s just a conspiracy theory on my part and most likely not true

I think the reveals are great. I can't believe all the flack CC is getting. He's got the clamp, he's got a fro, he's good to go. And NA He-Man is the only other variety I HAD to have. And I've always been in for CG and have not changed my mind, can not wait.

Very good point! Butchering that version of He-man and using him for parts sounds a lot more fun!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Ok they have the Castle Grayskull Pre Order info up on the Matty page.

Pre-order Starts: October 16, 2012 9 a.m. PT
    Pre-order Ends: January 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT

Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is finally available for pre-order. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull®!

Our all-new Castle Grayskull® playset is slated for a late 2013 release. Because it’s still in its very earliest stage, the final design is subject (and likely) to change. Why are we offering it for pre-order now and asking you to make a commitment when the design hasn’t been finalized? Because the production cycle for an item like this takes over a year and is extremely costly. If we don’t reach the minimum pre-order goal, we can’t go forward.

So, here’s everything we can tell you at this time. Please read carefully before you make your purchase – if we reach our production goal during the pre-order period, there will be no refunds or exchanges when the product is released.

Product Features

It’s Castle Grayskull®!
    Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the “B sheet” product drawings to the left, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet.
    If produced, this will be the largest, most ambitious MOTUC item ever made – the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d (subject to change).
    The overall sculpt will be based on the original 1981 prototype, with the addition of an extra battle ledge, elongated jaw/face, a removable minaret on top of the dome and more!
    Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout but there will be three levels to show off your MOTUC figures (in scale with most of our 6.5” figures). The vintage set only had two levels, but we’ve added another across the top for maximum display options.
    Two secret doors – the first, a traditional door that opens out the back, and the second one, a secret brick wall that exits to the outside ledge.
    Trap door leading to the dungeon (of course) that has an opening door, plus “locks” and chains to hold one figure.
    Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?
    Bat wing jet pack and training device were both cut from the vintage prototype and finally get a chance at production!
    Working elevator like the ‘81 prototype had, but we’ve added back the red skull on top that was cut. The elevator goes to all three levels, not just two levels like vintage toy.
    Real opening Jawbridge just like you remember, only cooler!
    Have Wind Raider? The playset will include an attachment so you can be ready for air-battle at a moment’s notice (and create a complete diorama).
    Secret Orb room is hidden inside the dome.
    Removable ladder to the roof leads to a blaster and the flag of Castle Grayskull®.
    Carrying handle is optional for easy transport or clean display.
    Did we mention… it’s Castle Grayskull®!
    Ordering Information

Castle Grayskull® will only be produced if the minimum production goal is reached during the pre-order period.
    If production goes forward, everyone who pre-orders is guaranteed to receive a playset. Some sets will be available on MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are fulfilled, but the price will be significantly higher and you won’t be guaranteed to get one. If you want one, a pre-order is the best way to ensure you get it.
    When you place your order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
    Please note that because this item is so large, shipping charges will be substantially higher than items we normally sell.
    This item is scheduled for late 2013 shipment. We’ll send an email reminder about a month before the product is scheduled to ship. If you need to change your address or credit card information at that time, you’ll have plenty of notice.
    If this item reaches the pre-order goal, there will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES, even if the design or features change. If you place a pre-order, you are committed to the purchase and will be billed when the item ships.
    Should we not reach the minimum pre-order goal, your order will simply be canceled (because there’s no charge until it ships, there’s no refund needed).
    One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or subtracted from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now. We’re seriously as excited as you are by the prospect of finally having a Castle Grayskull® playset and Mattel will do everything to ensure we can deliver as much value as possible!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I concur with everyone who said 25 inches is hardly 'huge'. By the look of things, figures won't even be able to stand inside the dome where the orb of power will be hidden... It's more like a secret drawer than a hall of secrets!
    It's like 2 Hollywood Jem high! :-) (She's standing on my shelf so that was an easy estimation)

I really hope this bprint is just a map to things to come and that the 4 horsemen will go crazy with it when they sculpt it.
    One of the only cool features of the 200X castle grayskull was the Hall of Secret as an extra room hidden behind a secret panel where you could rest the sword of power; That was AWESOME! It was a bit flat and you could hardly fit a figure in there because the whole thing was so narrow! I hope this castle has a little more depth on the floors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

yay castle and boo no Horde Trooper reveals. the rest..meh. no sub for me as Ram man is my only desire. congrats to the excited
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Heroic Warrior

Cool personal coincidence with the reveals of Clampo CVhamp and NA He-Man

I thought I would share this cool coincidence with you, but my nephew sometimes has a bad habit of going back to Montreal to my parent's house and bringing back some of my vintage MOTU toys accessories back with him. Like last year, he brought back with him Spikor and another visit, he brought back with him my Stilt Stalkers., Well, sometime in the late Spring when he came back from visiting my parents, this time, he brought back Clamp Champ's power pincer AND NA He-Man's Power Sword. When I saw the reveals today, I busted out laughing and had to show my nephew the newer versions of the figures who accessories he took WITHOUT my permission. lol. Maybe if he does that next time, I might have an idea who will come out the next year.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    No more of this crap about putting accessories in weapons packs, last time I checked they went up on prices. That right there says that we deserve to get what we want. So no I don't want to hear about cost cutting anymore matty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis:3137069
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Has to be Mantenna or Calix!
    When we will see the picture, we can guess with the sculpt of the head of the Crossbow.
    Awesome! Another member for the Horde! My guess would be its for the Horde Troopers (if thats the 2 pack army builder item), as the set must include additional weapons than just 2 staffs. Its a way to get a white crossbow for Hordak to complete his vintage look. Feet are tapping in wait. )
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Awesome! Another member for the Horde! My guess would be its for the Horde Troopers (if thats the 2 pack army builder item), as the set must include additional weapons than just 2 staffs. Its a way to get a white crossbow for Hordak to complete his vintage look. Feet are tapping in wait. )

It could be also.. good guess

So, I guess we've narrowed it down to "a Horde member!"
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Warrior
    No matter if it's Mantenna, Callix, Dragstor, Horde Troopers or even Buzz-Saw Hordak, it will be a nice addition to my collection !

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    No matter if it's Mantenna, Callix, Dragstor, Horde Troopers or even Buzz-Saw Hordak, it will be a nice addition to my collection !
    I'll be damned . . . I agree with you.

Though I want Troopers and Mantenna the most, by far.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I'm thinking Calix. Remember on RGD with Eric, he was sculpting something for summer and TG would be very happy. Calix, the comet warriors, & Plundor are Scott's major favourites so I'm gonna go with Calix. The HT would be down the line after a few figs.
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I think Calix and Horde Troopers where hinted at my BCRDuke, so there you go.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    My guess would be its for the Horde Troopers
    It could be, but a 'quarterly' item has just been shown, I would expect them to reveal a monthly figure next, rather than an army builder which is only coming at the end of the year.

Also, we haven't got any 200x character for 2013, so I'm saying Calix all the way!
    Last edited by tumalu; October 14, 2012 at 01:26pm.