Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This

Admittedly, while I have zero interest in Power Rangers... there are a lot of OTHER properties I DO like and would LOVE to see some pics of

I remember hearing rumors of an Adam West Batman figure Line coming out sometime soon, and STILL can't find any pictures online!!!

This is the only toy forum I hang out on... other than Voltron.com... but that was VERY recent. If something Awesome shows up at a convention... let's SEE IT!!! We can compare it to MOTU's craftsmanship to keep it on topic
    OMG....I TOTALLY would love a series of Adam West Batman figures. I still watch that show late night on the HUB. Hope they go to retail though. (got hired at Toys R Us today so getting ready for my discount...lol.)

Everything is been calm so far except the sell-out of the TOD Sorceress...

BUT WAIT what I really mean is that they are allocating X amounts of TOD for each day of the Con, and the Thurs load was GONE!!!

Action Figure Express has plenty of Skeletor Sword letter openers, you can find some missed figures at some booths but beware or the gaugers some have decent prices some are trying to send your wallet to Despondos!

BTW: The Wed. MOTU Art was was GREAT, picked up all the TOD I wanted with no problem and got some great prints by Alvin Lee including an extra signed one of Hordak! (I posted my folder on the TGR Facebook page so enjoy!) That's not including picking up the awesome art of the Powers of Grayskull Issue 2 cover; He-Ro Unleashed!!! I met artist Johnboy Meyer who did the awesome art for the 30th Anniversary contest finalists and met Ms. Princess Adora NJ who was very cool and boy we got into a everything He-Man discussion for a while, we probably could've held a podcast! Great to meet you and will try and see you at the panel! And guys if you're @ the 'Con, go show Johnboy some love at his table in Artist Alley H10.

Sadly the WiFi is real trippy at the 'Con pending where you are, so hopefully I can help out with the tweets (@Nemisythe) but I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Nemisythe; October 12, 2012 at 01:27am.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Mattel's Adam West Batman

There is a single photo of an unarticulated proto-type of "Batman" taken during the Mattel slideshow.

http://comics-x-aminer.com/wp-conten...012/07/b45.jpg

To my knowledge, there have been no "official" images or further news released about the action figures.

Grrrr. I can't go until Saturday. Rehearsal for a new show.

Anyway, regarding my guesses - that's just rumor. Rumors are passed around and I just post what I hear. I haven't posted anything explicit in recent times because I'm not, nor have I ever been interested in spoiling anyone's fun (of course, my track record is pretty great - and you can find info pretty easily from clues). But recently I haven't been doing my due diligence. I kind of like being surprised.

So I figured clumping together a lot of the rumors and posting that might not be such a bad thing. In the end, I think it is harmless fun and just gets people juiced for the line. That's never a bad thing.

As for the Battle Ram, I'm not so sure considering Grayskull.

But I think there are going to be more figures in 2013 than just the sub ones.

I really wish they were announcing the details about what Scott suggested a few weeks ago - the comment snout getting more "fan favorites" out more quickly. That has me very excited.

But anything MOTU/POP/NA has me excited and happy

And just a side note to Scott: the art show at toy Tokyo was great and I'm really impressed by the charity aspect. You and Mattel deserve major credit for that.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Now turn those Ram Man and Netossa packages around...let's see some BIOS!!!!
    Don't get your hopes up. Chances are, if Scott is still writing the bios, they're both dead.
    Wolfman Jake

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I keep falling more in love with Octavia, who I already loved, every time I see new pictures of her.

All of the 2013 MOTUC figures look almost spot-on to their prototype appearances. No rounded edges or thickening of thinner parts like we've seen this year with figures (Star Sisters, for example...Starla's skirt got thicker, Jewelstar's face lost a lot of detail, etc.). I think Mattel is really trying to impress us with the 2013 quality and snag back some of the customers they have lost over the last couple years.

If they really are putting that extra effort in (which I think they are), I applaud them for it. MOTU Blu-Ray, new comic, new game, awesome figures, lost accessories coming in Weapon Paks...Castle Grayskull! I really think this may be the best year ever for MOTU. Even if everyone doesn't love the comics, MOTU is finally, after a 10 year hiatus, back in the view of the mainstream public. This is HUGE. I really am excited to see what the future holds for MOTUC.

There are some unfortunate issues this year (reversed parts and black plastic being painted over), but I think the good is outweighing the bad and Mattel continues to learn from their mistakes/cost-cutting strategies. There will even be a free gift for the Frosta mistake, which is pretty awesome.

In my eyes, the future looks very bright. Light Hope kind of bright.

I REALLY hope we see Madame Razz, Broom and Kowl at NYCC. That would really make my week!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I know this is a tad off topic (but a third of this thread is already about power rangers and non-MOTU stuff anyway) but if anyone can pick me up a print of the He-Ro Unleashed cover I would be MOST appreciative!!!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; October 12, 2012 at 02:29am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    If I can't get at least 1 ToD Sorceress, I went for absolutely nothing. Sure there is other stuff I want to see, but that was the main reason I bought a ticket.

I want to see Procrustus in his packaging! Too bad there's no boxart for this guy.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I loved Jitsu when I was a kid. I think he, Skeletor and Tri-Klops were my go-to villains. Can't wait to get the new one.
    I was the opposite of the two of you; I absolutely hated Jitsu as a kid. I wasn't all that fond of Fisto, so his lesser counterpart was even further down my list. But this new one? Totally wanting it, and still think it may just be the best human head sculpt this line has seen.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hoping we see Hawk, more Filmation please.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very excited for next year!

FFM has to be number one for me. Ram Man, Jitsu, Karatti, King He-Man & others I'm definitely looking forward to.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Rumors are swirling.

Can't get a definite read, but one, two, or three of the following things would be my guess:

Castaspella
    Clamp Champ
    Horde Troopers
    Darius
    Shokoti
    Battle Ram

Remember, we still have the announcement that Scott said he will make at NY Toy Fair in Feb. it's an announcement that has to do with "getting more fan favorites out more quickly."

So maybe that explains the willingness to reveal so much of 2013. There might be more ahead.
    I'm surprised if there is no MYP character.... I would have bet on Dactus, Prahvus or Evil Seed !
    Last edited by Arvulis; October 12, 2012 at 06:02am.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Now turn those Ram Man and Netossa packages around...let's see some BIOS!!!!
    Hell yeah, let's see them bios
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Ram Man and Netossa both looks amazing. I just hope they are no issues with them. Also I can't wait for the FFM, really pumped for them now. I especially like the "Red Indian" type character whose face sculpt is really retro MOTU-Like.

I hope we do get to see a few reveals, but really excited most for the CG drawing and the plans Mattel have for it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Man oh man Ram Man looks awesome!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Grrrr. I can't go until Saturday. Rehearsal for a new show.

Anyway, regarding my guesses - that's just rumor. Rumors are passed around and I just post what I hear. I haven't posted anything explicit in recent times because I'm not, nor have I ever been interested in spoiling anyone's fun (of course, my track record is pretty great - and you can find info pretty easily from clues). But recently I haven't been doing my due diligence. I kind of like being surprised.

So I figured clumping together a lot of the rumors and posting that might not be such a bad thing. In the end, I think it is harmless fun and just gets people juiced for the line. That's never a bad thing.

As for the Battle Ram, I'm not so sure considering Grayskull.

But I think there are going to be more figures in 2013 than just the sub ones.

I really wish they were announcing the details about what Scott suggested a few weeks ago - the comment snout getting more "fan favorites" out more quickly. That has me very excited.

But anything MOTU/POP/NA has me excited and happy

And just a side note to Scott: the art show at toy Tokyo was great and I'm really impressed by the charity aspect. You and Mattel deserve major credit for that.
    Great post man! And these kind of posts are why you are still one of the few I enjoy reading, you call it like it is. You give credit when its due and you call BS when its BS.

I am so excited to see the B sheets for GS, sucks its not till Saturday!
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Why thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Arvulis View Post
    I'm surprised if there is no MYP character.... I would have bet on Dactus, Prahvus or Evil Seed !
    Dactys has been in the rumor mill for a long time... So he might show up... That would be cool. My preference would be for MYP King Miro, Evilseed, Veena, or Prahvus though.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

The FFM look better every time I see them.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    I'd LOVE to see Dactys !!!
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Why thank you

Dactys has been in the rumor mill for a long time... So he might show up... That would be cool. My preference would be for MYP King Miro, Evilseed, Veena, or Prahvus though.
    Dactys

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The FFM look better every time I see them.
    Yes they do I love these FFM characters.

I don't know what it is but these pics made me want to lay on the floor and stat playing with my figures!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I don't know what it is but these pics made me want to lay on the floor and stat playing with my figures!!
    Both Ram Man and Netossa look perfect without losing their toy quality. I think I feel the same way you do. It's awesome when items in this line are done so well and there aren't any issues like reversed parts. It makes me feel like a kid again.

I really like the face sculpt on the Talon Fighter pilot. I do wish they had made the woman's visor removable too.

Well, I don’t mind seeing Dactys, But I really...... REALLY hoping for Queen Veena !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !