Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

HAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaahhhh I peed a little. Kronis shoulda checked the sign next to Skeletor's throne that said "Dissenters will get thier jaws punched off."
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    No he's not. They both just happen to be afflicted with the same disease.
    It's a Green thing I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by bowspearer View Post
    Check out this "Ask Matty" post which compares the NYCC version with the original Toy Fair version and highlights issues in detail:

EDIT: Oh and to make sure that Mattel figuratively hang themselves by the amount of rope they've taken- here's this pic from a promotional poster they had for it at the beginning of the year:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...over-board.jpg

EDIT 2: And here's the poster in its entirety:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...er-board-2.jpg
    Notice in the original display version.....it says "No Photos Please"....I wonder why that was put there....hmmm

Makes me worry about spending $250 on Castle Grayskull with only a drawing to go by....I know the 4H are doing CG, but still once the sculpt gets into Mattel hands & Ruben....God only knows what they can foul up.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Maybe it's just me but the face sculpt of the blue pilot/FFM looks to be tweaked. Just an observation, anyways can't wait for the reveals tomorrow. . Clamp Champ,Grayskull sheet. .maybe 1 more reveal

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It's a Green thing I guess....

Notice in the original display version.....it says "No Photos Please"....I wonder why that was put there....hmmm

Makes me worry about spending $250 on Castle Grayskull with only a drawing to go by....I know the 4H are doing CG, but still once the sculpt gets into Mattel hands & Ruben....God only knows what they can foul up.
    Usually when a company doesn't want photos taken it means that product has not had final approval or it is not representative of the final product.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Usually when a company doesn't want photos taken it means that product has not had final approval or it is not representative of the final product.
    I've put the relevant part of your post in boldface.

The thing to remember with the Hoverboard is that it's a prop replica that was advertised as being movie accurate. Therefore unlike say, the situation where the Classics Battle-Ram was shown a few years back and which was an approval-based situation; in this case, showing a movie accurate reproduction is entirely representative of what should have been the final design, unless Mattel, and specifically Toyguru (and the wealth of lies told about this board continue to unravel), intended to blatantly and repeatedly lie to customers, and Mattel in general intended to commit fraud by pulling a bait and switch. Sadly this appears to be exactly what is the case here.

I've put the relevant part of your post in boldface.

The thing to remember with the Hoverboard is that it's a prop replica that was advertised as being movie accurate. Therefore unlike say, the situation where the Classics Battle-Ram was shown a few years back and which was an approval-based situation; in this case, showing a movie accurate reproduction is entirely representative of what should have been the final design, unless Mattel, and specifically Toyguru (and the wealth of lies told about this board continue to unravel), intended to blatantly and repeatedly lie to customers, and Mattel in general intended to commit fraud by pulling a bait and switch. Sadly this appears to be exactly what is the case here.
    Um...OK. My point was this particular sample might not represent the final product. There might be some modifications that were made prior to going into production and this could be an early sample. That might be why they didn't want pictures taken...so that people don't over react to a sample that might not represent the final product...or we could all throw our arms up in the air and run around like a panicked muppet.

Heroic Warrior
    Um...OK. My point was this particular sample might not represent the final product. There might be some modifications that were made prior to going into production and this could be an early sample. That might be why they didn't want pictures taken...so that people don't over react to a sample that might not represent the final product...or we could all throw our arms up in the air and run around like a panicked muppet.
    I'm well aware of what you were saying, right down to the fallacious nature of your point. The reason for this is you have failed to grasp the fact that unlike toys which may have multiple outcomes; an accurately reproduced movie prop replica only has one possible outcome.

The fact is that what was advertised was a faithfully reproduced 1:1 scale replica of a movie prop. Ergo the rules you are bringing up regarding non-replica collectibles/toys simply don't apply.

I'll be trying to tweet the slides and stuff from the panel if anyone wants to follow along today (unless I magically die on the way to NYCC today) https://twitter.com/Preternia_

Very excited
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

I'm well aware of what you were saying, right down to the fallacious nature of your point. The reason for this is you have failed to grasp the fact that unlike toys which may have multiple outcomes; an accurately reproduced movie prop replica only has one possible outcome.

The fact is that what was advertised was a faithfully reproduced 1:1 scale replica of a movie prop. Ergo the rules you are bringing up regarding non-replica collectibles/toys simply don't apply.
    "Fallacious nature"? ***??? I didn't "fail to grasp" any "fact" that you are saying. What YOU failed to grasp is that I am saying this particular model might not be representative of the final produced Hover Board. This particular model, in the picture above, might be an earlier sample that is not quite right while the final product might be closer to the actual prop. Again, I'm not saying it is an early sample, I'm just saying it might be an early sample.

Heroic Warrior
    "Fallacious nature"? ***??? I didn't "fail to grasp" any "fact" that you are saying. What YOU failed to grasp is that I am saying this particular model might not be representative of the final produced Hover Board. This particular model, in the picture above, might be an earlier sample that is not quite right while the final product might be closer to the actual prop. Again, I'm not saying it is an early sample, I'm just saying it might be an early sample.
    You're not seeing the wood for the trees here. This was meant to be an accurate reproduction of a Hoverboard movie prop- that means that if it's going to be done right, then there's only one outcome. It's not like toys where the final design is a big secret. Everyone knows in the case of a replica, exactly how the final design is meant to look. So the entire point about it not resembling the final product, is fairly moot.

Both real names are terrible but thats usually a given anyway. But the bio's are pretty good except Ram Man's armor is now a magical family heirloom .

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Will be in my canon MPY/MVC will always be my definitive canon.
    Its probably Ram Man's dad wearing the family armor and they'll release Ram Dad as a variant in card back colours, oh no I hope I've not given them an idea there

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    I had to check to see if there was a conflict with the images from the upcoming 4th Mini-comic that depicts the above scene -
    Yeah I checked that as well

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    I'll be trying to tweet the slides and stuff from the panel if anyone wants to follow along today (unless I magically die on the way to NYCC today) https://twitter.com/Preternia_

Very excited
    Sweet, thanks dude!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    You're not seeing the wood for the trees here. This was meant to be an accurate reproduction of a Hoverboard movie prop- that means that if it's going to be done right, then there's only one outcome. It's not like toys where the final design is a big secret. Everyone knows in the case of a replica, exactly how the final design is meant to look. So the entire point about it not resembling the final product, is fairly moot.
    Maybe TG discovered that his team HAD to change the design of the hoverboard for legal and safety reasons. This IS Mattel that we are talking about and they are afraid of being sued.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

All the original POP toys & Adora will be under the POP logo, not sure about the Filmation ones....I think they will say The Great Rebellion on them since
    they have the stickers for production now, but for continuity, they will likely have Princess of Power on them as well.

And prototypes break all the time, all we have seen is a King He-Man missing pints on his crown, and we were told it was broke, and all points will be there.
    In a way it makes sense they already paid and produced the "PRINCESS OF POWER" Sticker and why waste it if the costumers can stick another sticker on top of it if they like.

I wasn´t complaining(this time ) about Karatti, and i´m sure it´s a quick fix on a prototype but why didn´t those weird fans/wings break on Netossas way to the factory, this i would have liked

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    They are leaving them all with POP stickers for continuity's sake and the people who prefer this sticker. It is pretty simple to put another sticker sheet out again as a pack in when they exceed 13.
    Simple but it still costs again to produce them and as we know cost is an issue but as i said it´s just a conspiracy theory on my part and most likely not true

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Agreed. But to really do it right, they would need to develop Eternian languages first. Except for Lubic, Marlena and maybe Adam (and possibly Evil Lyn, Beast Man and Tri-Klops, if going by the old bible canon regarding their origin), the "real" names of the other characters shouldn't be from Earthly languages (be it English, Romance or whatever). In Avatar, they befittingly gave Pandoran people Na'vi names (Neytiri, Eywa, Mo'at, Tsu'tey, etc.); it would have been ridiculous to name them "John" or "Susan" or "François".

In a few cases, Mr. Neitlich serendipitously found a name that actually sounds like it could be in the native tongue of the relevant race/species ("Raqquill Rqazz" sounds just like what could come out of Beast Man's mouth) or has a certain memorable ring to it ("Karak Nul"). More often, though, they look like mere random gobbledygook ("Gur'rull Gu'Rrooowarrrk", "Kreann’ot N’Horosh", "Trydor Esooniux"). And too frequently, they are straight, completely out-of-place, Earthly names. Seriously, "Vivian Redretta"? "MacKenzie"? "Beatrix"? "Kyle"? I didn't know there was an Italy or a Scotland or a Greece on planet Eternia.
    Couldn't agree more. But of course, to undertake such an endeavour one needs a linguist, or at least someone who has a working knowledge on syntax, morphology and semantics. The macaronic that TG cooks up in his spare time won't cut it.

I do like Karak Nul as well, although I find it a bit too reminiscent of the Quenyan word.

Maybe it's Scott's nickname, and like Spector decided to use it.
    probably, Scott won't pass up on any opportunity to infuse himself further into the mythos.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe TG discovered that his team HAD to change the design of the hoverboard for legal and safety reasons. This IS Mattel that we are talking about and they are afraid of being sued.
    Doesn't hold up. First off the replica is fully licensed so copyright issues simply don't hold up.

As for the safety reasons, again, that's flawed. To begin with the board is a prop replica rather than a toy. Secondly, if that was the case, then why are the bottom edges square rather than rounded?

In short - neither argument holds up.

Guys - please try to keep it on topic. I understand the comparison being made, and that's fine, but leave the in-depth hoverboard discussions to this thread in the "Other" section.

Thanks!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

How much longer till the panel? 3,5 hours?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    3 hours, Fifty one minutes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Any site covering the panel LIVE?

Hey...... that Roton guy's hood is PERFECT for Filmation Skeletor !
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

I'm SO excited for the B-Sheet! I'll be checking for news and pics while my family and I head out to the Scarecrow Festival...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

In relation to the Roton pilots cape is it the soft plastic or solid and how does it look when its removed ? does the head sit to high? just wondering as I want to have him drive my monogram kit (just hope he'll fit) also kinda curious has any one replaced the capes on other figures with soft-goods ones ? how do they look.

Like Netossa, could have also been a play on her name....not that I can think of one at the moment....
    Annette Ossa?
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I can't see what's wrong with the hoverboard.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I didn't know there was an Italy or a Scotland or a Greece on planet Eternia.
    Lot's of planets have a North.

2 hours left before Mattypalooza guys....

Are you ready?

ARE YOU READY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!