Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Filmation Snake Mountain if Castle Grayskull sells well enough? Yeah, I don't look for that to happen, though I'd love to be wrong.

Scott said we'd need to buy however many Castle Grayskull's as we bought subs, if I remember correctly.

I bought three subs, and I'm not buying 3 Castle Grayskulls.

I'd have bought 2 Castle Grayskulls if it had been based on the Filmation design, but not the prototype. I think the obsession with prototypes and pure vintage designs has hurt this line in the last year or so.

----------

Good news that Clamp Champ will have new armor.

Although, one again wonders why Evil Lyn was screwed over twice, while Clamp Champ and Jitsu get new armor. Jitsu looks amazing, but the complete lack of effort that went into both Evil Lyn figures is still pathetic in my mind.

NA He-Man looks neat, but I honestly don't need any more He-Man variants. We're already getting King He-Man, we just got TP He-Man, and Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man last year.

Seriously, Filmation Hordak anyone? Filmation Teela? An actual 200x Evil Lyn? MYP Randor? A teen 200x Adam?

Instead another He-Man variant so soon? I'm not happy with that, but he does look cool.

I must be honest; I would have preferred a Filmation Grayskull. I've always loved the "fat skull" look. This one just looks far too narrow, like the Icon Heroes statue. It’s actually the interior that has me more interested. I, too, am a bit tired of this relentless love for concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I dont want to sound pessimistic and I m totally signing up for castle grayskull anyway, but the scale seems not to be that enormous afterall - He-man is like as tall as the door. I know it's not final but I really wish they would incorporate some filmation elements. Once again, I dont care about concept art that never was and that could have been! i would have been way more excited to get a castle grayskull closer to the cartoon which millionsof kids worldwide grew up with
    Nope, door looks to be about 10.5-11"... That means the Castle will be around 25-30" tall!!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Id take that comment with a grain of salt. he was comparing it to the relative sales of dc. lets use 4 as a base of reference. if last yr dc and motuc both sold 4, and this yr motuc sold 3 and dc sold 1, dc is WAY down from last yr, 75%, while motuc is only a little, comparatively, but realistically still down 25%
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    That is a SERIOUSLY tiny window for grayskull preorders!!!
    It's a tiny window for SALES, but for presales that may not even authorize your card for the full amount right now, that's plenty of time for folks to make the decision that they can plan out their budget for the next 11-12 months and be able to afford a castle or two next year. And as someone else pointed out, if we want to get this thing in the fall of next year, the presales has to end in time to give the green light to start the work.

Can anyone read the print on the blueprints?

I'm liking what I see, but it's hard to make out exactly. I see shackles above the creature-crate, the throne, and what I think is a place to set the orb in the dome above the throne. I think there is an elevator and a nice big-screen computer console next to it. What is the extended, round floor from the bird's-eye-view? Is that the Wind Raider spot?

Over all, I love CG! The ledge!
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    NA He-Man looks neat, but I honestly don't need any more He-Man variants. We're already getting King He-Man, we just got TP He-Man, and Pre-Eternia Disguise He-Man last year.

Seriously, Filmation Hordak anyone? Filmation Teela? An actual 200x Evil Lyn? MYP Randor? A teen 200x Adam?

Instead another He-Man variant so soon? I'm not happy with that, but he does look cool.
    NA He-Man is leader of a whole new era of MOTU, so he's more than another variant. Original He-Man wouldn't work in New Adventures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    NA He-Man looks really good! I love his sword, shield, new belt and the added cross on his chest strap. I really hope he comes with an alternate helmeted head and his clip-on armour. I doubt he will have it though. Bow also lost his clip-on armour.

I think Clamp Champ looks great! I personally don't think he needed new armour, but I'm positive it was done because of the complaints about the big hole in Fisto's armour at the back. I forsee this released in a future Weapons Pak for Fisto.

I hope Mattel or the Four Horsemen post large, detailed pictures of the blueprints. I would like to see what they have planned for the inside of Castle Grayskull. It's pretty hard to see in the pictures. The outside looks nice, but I think customers need to REALLY be wowed to fork over $250 + shipping + taxes + customs (for international folks). This is a MAJOR purchase. In my initial gut reaction, I like it, but I'm still more impressed by the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull. Four walls and the Filmation spine was just way too awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    They didn't mention how Frosta has a crush on He-Man in her bio which I thought was very disappointing...
    That's true. I was okay with it though, because I was never a fan of how crazy and trampy she got when he visited Etheria.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    WHOAH, let's not get TOO excited.
    Mattel is saying that if Castle Grayskull does well, Snake Mountain COULD be next. That is by no means a confirmation, that SM will absolutely get made, even if CG is produced.
    ALSO the message says that Snake Mountain will LIKELY be based on Filmation. Again, that is by no means a confirmation, that even if SM gets made, it will look like Filmation. The word LIKELY means PROBABLY, PRESUMABLY, PERHAPS etc.

Let's not make the same mistake we did with Battleground Evil-Lyn, where Toyguru said she would LIKELY not be a repaint, but then after she did turn out to be a repaint, everyone accused Scott of lying, when he did no such thing.
    Let's not get cute with the technical points of language. If we just say that it was MISLEADING to say that the 200X version of Evil-lyn would LIKELY not just be a repaint is it ok then?

Regardless if they say the Filmation version is LIKELY and then we get a version that is vastly different (as the vintage toy is) that's a bit more than debating the finer points of the word LIKELY.

Let's just leave it at "It's WAY too soon to start having Snake Mountain discussions".
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Filmation Snake Mountain if Castle Grayskull sells well enough? Yeah, I don't look for that to happen, though I'd love to be wrong.

Scott said we'd need to buy however many Castle Grayskull's as we bought subs, if I remember correctly.

I bought three subs, and I'm not buying 3 Castle Grayskulls.

I'd have bought 2 Castle Grayskulls if it had been based on the Filmation design, but not the prototype. I think the obsession with prototypes and pure vintage designs has hurt this line in the last year or so.

----------

Good news that Clamp Champ will have new armor.

Although, one again wonders why Evil Lyn was screwed over twice, while Clamp Champ and Jitsu get new armor. Jitsu looks amazing, but the complete lack of effort that went into both Evil Lyn figures is still pathetic in my mind.

Agreed on the concept cpdesign obsession. Castle grayskull just looks like the vintage castle grayskull. I would have been way more excited if it was more Filmation-esque. Instead of having that silly removeable minaret, give us a snap-on filmation skull facade!

My dream castle is the castle grayskull business card holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Will be posting images of the new MOTUC product from Mattel's booth soon so check back to TNI this afternoon.

Sony continues to work on live-action movie. That could possibly lead to new TV shows and other cool stuff according to Scott.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Yeah, I'm going to have to pass on the Grayskull preorder. I'm sure it will be awesome, but my first paycheck is not until Nov 30th, so there is no way I can order it when there is a pre-authorization charge.

Clamp Champ is cool I guess, as is NA He-Man. I take it he is the $25 preorder? Nothing as amazing as Bluefin's Figuarts reveals though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

NA He-man looks great. That we're likely to get the 1st version of NA Skeletor instead of the DoD/BB Skeletor version makes me sad.

Also, there were several reports that those who had pre-ordered the Young Justice 2-pack said that the pre-order charge never dropped off until after the pack was cancelled.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

What was said about what it will come with?

Looks like they solved the handle breaking the aesthetics issue
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    In defense to Na he-man, he's actually not a variant, he's a new character with new face sculpt and hair. Which, it just occured to me, makes him the first new sculpt for He-man since the original figure. ( aside from king he-man)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Clamp Champ is not the most exciting figure, and looks pretty much as expected. He needed to come out sometime though, and July 2013 is as good as any time.

New Adventures He-Man looks awesome! Very excited to finally be getting him.

Castle Grayskull sketches look pretty good. Love the size of it!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Some big pics:

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Could we see themed exclusives at NYCC or Powercon like seen with Joecon and GIJoe? Every single one of those would use up a sku. So if they only get 14 skus allocated for the year those exclusives would use up valuable skus.

Panel ends.

HEY!

Sony continues to work on HE-MAN live-action movie. That could possibly lead to new TV shows and other cool stuff according to Scott.

cOOOl !

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    Agreed on the concept cpdesign obsession. Castle grayskull just looks like the vintage castle grayskull. I would have been way more excited if it was more Filmation-esque. Instead of having that silly removeable minaret, give us a snap-on filmation skull facade!
    Sadly, I'm starting to look at it from this POV, too. Filmation CG has always looked so much more striking. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve never been crying for a CG since day one; because I knew that it would likely look like this. That’s why the mention that a (possible) SM would “likely” be based on Filmation is welcome news.

I'm dying to see one of the NA ladies soon.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have nothing aganst NA He-man necessarily (although my personal preference would have been for NA Skeletor) I just don't want that variant to count for the other NA slot for the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm dying to see one of the NA ladies soon.
    You and me both!

And by one I mean Crita
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I have nothing aganst NA He-man necessarily (although my personal preference would have been for NA Skeletor) I just don't want that variant to count for the other NA slot for the year.
    +1

Exactly! I'm loving the NA characters

THAT is Castle Grayskull!!!
    Consider mine Pre-Ordered.
    Extremely excited about this doesn't even begin to express the joy I'm feeling right now!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I'm going to pre-order 2 CGs on my credit card.
    Visit me and be my friend...I like friends...LOL

http://www.facebook.com/MisterDeeJay2KX