Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

NA He-Man looks like he has a new headsculpt too.

If so, doesn't that violate Mattlel's internal rule about one unified look for the line?

So when we were told a Filmation Hordak would just have the standard Classics Hordak head, shouldn't NA He-Man have the standard Classics He-Man head as well? That's good for NA He-Man, but Filmation Hordak needs a new head.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Let's not get cute with the technical points of language. If we just say that it was MISLEADING to say that the 200X version of Evil-lyn would LIKELY not just be a repaint is it ok then?

Regardless if they say the Filmation version is LIKELY and then we get a version that is vastly different (as the vintage toy is) that's a bit more than debating the finer points of the word LIKELY.

Let's just leave it at "It's WAY too soon to start having Snake Mountain discussions".
    I merely pointed out what meaning the word likely has. You don't use the word when you confirm or promise something.
    It has the same kind of meaning as maybe. Maybe Snake Mountain will look like Filmation, maybe not.

But, I agree, let's not discuss Snake Mountain just yet. Right now we don't even know if we're really getting Castle Grayskull or not.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanwalker View Post
    I'm going to pre-order 2 CGs on my credit card.
    Same here!! We really have to support it!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So is a replacement Snout Spout head possible or not possible? The wording seems odd. I'm taking it as Mattel is telling us no.

And why would I want Filmation Snake Mountain?

Nevertheless, like I said, I cannot afford to preorder Grayskull.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I do sound really negative today, but Clamp Champ looks exactly how I expected him to look: boring. An easy pass for me. As someone else said, though, he had to come some time, like the dreaded Ninjor. NA He-Man, however, looks lovely. I really hope he has a helmet. Although it does look as though a helmet wouldn’t be able to fit on his head because of his hair. Maybe he has two heads?

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    NA He-Man looks like he has a new headsculpt too.

If so, doesn't that violate Mattlel's internal rule about one unified look for the line?
    No it doesn't - it's still the same face just a different expression and longer hair I think
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    That is a SERIOUSLY tiny window for grayskull preorders!!!
    I thought so as well. If they aren't authing the full amount on cards, it will be easier on people - but if they are, I think they will get less sales. Not a lot of risk for them, to be honest - as Scott said, if there are "day of" they will be "much" more expensive. They will sell them anyway, after a year of hype.

As to the figure reveals, nothing at all to excite me.

But Grayskull? Absolutely sold. Absolutely. They listened - I think it looks just like the box art, and that stupid little knob thing on the skull is removable. Perfect. A place to hold Wind Raider? Amazing.

As long as it looks like that, I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Castle will have a place to put the Wind Raider to fit on it on the it. Will be bigger than the original.

Pre-Sale is October 16th to November 10th.

Q&A

If they ever did a Snake-Mountain playset it would likely be based on Filmation desgin. If Grayskull does well a Snake-Mountain could be next.

App game may have other characters you can use besides He-Man

Are they serious? 25 days for a presell of a $250.00 item? They should be giving this till December 16th. at least two monthes

Come on everyone, we can get a CASTLE GRAYSKULL, a CASTLE FREAKIN' GRAYSKULL! This is our ONLY shot! If we don't make this happen, there not only will never be a classics CG, but there won't be any other playsets and probably no more vehicles. So it doesn't have everything you want, what does?

I know I don't want to be posting on here in a few weeks about what could have been, I want to be anticipating the GREATEST PLAYSET EVER CREATED! This is a classics scale CG designed by the FOUR HORSEMEN! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

Are they serious? 25 days for a presell of a $250.00 item? They should be giving this till December 16th. at least two monthes
    Yes, but they're not going to take the money until late next year. Lots of time to save up.

Based on the blueprint with the He-Man figure in it as a comparison, Castle Grayskull will be about 24-25" tall. That's pretty huge!! I'm thinking $250 for a castle that size with all the trimmings is not that bad a price at all!

Well, I'm sold.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Grayskulll looks so awesome!!! And it's massive!!! By my calculations about 25-30" tall!!!
    I hope they make the blueprints available in hig-res to see all the details!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yes, but they're not going to take the money until late next year. Lots of time to save up.
    Except for the way DR preauthorize charges for things. they do a pre charge of the full amount plus tax. meaning we NEED to have 250+ tax on whatever cc we are buying this thing with, $250+tax that will be GONE for about 3-4 business days from our accounts. Thats how it works for both my Chase and Bank of America accounts anyway
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

NA He-Man's hair doesn't look blonde enough. It matches too closely with his skin. Hoping we'll get more accessories for him down the line (helmet, translucent green armor)
    How does the CG pre-order window compare with the window we were given for 2013 subscription sales?

Just another little worry, have they given any thought to people whose current CC expires between now and next fall for the CG preorder?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I hope Mattel or the Four Horsemen post large, detailed pictures of the blueprints. I would like to see what they have planned for the inside of Castle Grayskull. It's pretty hard to see in the pictures. The outside looks nice, but I think customers need to REALLY be wowed to fork over $250 + shipping + taxes + customs (for international folks). This is a MAJOR purchase. In my initial gut reaction, I like it, but I'm still more impressed by the Icon Heroes Castle Grayskull.
    I must say I'm also not feeling very excited by the drawing either. It's a good rendition, but I had hoped for a stronger prototype influence for the skull. Now it's just too close to the Icon Heroes castle.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Just another little worry, have they given any thought to people whose current CC expires between now and next fall for the CG preorder?
    My biggest concern as well.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'd guess you can change it like you can for a sub.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

If you have a card that will expire in the next year... call your Credit Card company TODAY and request a new card with a new expiration ASAP.
    You will have the new card in hand before the pre-sale window closes.

Also - If you are using a DEBIT card, then the expiration date doesn't really matter... MattyCollector has been charging the same debit card for months and it expired in May 2012.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Clamp Champ looks as expected. SO glad we're finally getting NA He-Man!!!! I think he looks awesome - I hope we get the armour and helmet too.

CG is a must have !!! I have NO room for it - But I'll make room - cant pass that up no way!!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    No it doesn't - it's still the same face just a different expression and longer hair I think
    Wouldn't that mean it is a new sculpt if it is a different expression?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    If you think, then you're not sure are you? And you can't definitively state that it doesn't.

I can't tell from the pictures, but if it is just a new hair piece, then it would mostly be consistent.

The figure still looks nice either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I must say I'm also not feeling very excited by the drawing either. It's a good rendition, but I had hoped for a stronger prototype influence for the skull. Now it's just too close to the Icon Heroes castle.
    Exactly. Far too narrow. I feel slightly deflated whenever I look at it. The concept skull had much more character.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Come on everyone, we can get a CASTLE GRAYSKULL, a CASTLE FREAKIN' GRAYSKULL! This is our ONLY shot! If we don't make this happen, there not only will never be a classics CG, but there won't be any other playsets and probably no more vehicles. So it doesn't have everything you want, what does?

I know I don't want to be posting on here in a few weeks about what could have been, I want to be anticipating the GREATEST PLAYSET EVER CREATED! This is a classics scale CG designed by the FOUR HORSEMEN! LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    You guys are missing the point, not everyone can afford a $250 pre-authorization charge. MY first paycheck is not until Nov 30th, and as such, I cannot afford to even have $50 taking out at this point in time.

Clamp Champ = Boring character/figure. BUT executed as well as he could be executed. Also, it's simple characters like him that allow the budget for characters like Ram Man. And it takes away yet another vintage slot.

NA He-man = Runaway winner this round of reveals. Long overdue!

* Up until this point, NA and POP (specifically Great Rebellion) have severely been lagging. Hopefully we get a Hydron and one of the big 4 ladies from GR before the year is out. (Glimmer, Angella, Castaspella, Mermista)

Mattel has been going through all of this trouble to build and entire mythos, they need to pay a little more attention to these two factions.