Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Clamp Champ's "Clamp" was unveiled as a secret tease at Power-Con a couple of weeks back, so it's pretty certain he's the next reveal (similar to how Snake Face's "Shield" was unveiled as a secret hint at SDCC).
    Terrific! Thanks Missle-Toe!
    Angella - BLADE! - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - EXTENDAR! - FLUTTERINA!
    Flying Fists He-Man - Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma
    RIO BLAST! - Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Hmmm...does nothing for me. But if it floats your boat, then I'm happy for your excitement!
    Yeah, sorry, as much as I love my He-Man, I prefer my grown ups in spandex.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    Yeah, I guess I got lost somewhere looking for the MOTUC reveal thread and stumbled on the Power Ranger thread....
    Well technically, the topic title does just say "NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ..."

Seriously though, Figuarts has stolen a lot of my attention away from MOTUC this year. Don't get me wrong, I still love my MOTUC collection, but with all of the delays, disappointments, and adding one that MOTUC was my favorite line for the last two years, it was bound to happen sometime.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Haradrel View Post
    Almost the whole year is revealed, that's different form last year isn't it? We know a lot more about this coming year or at least it feels that way.
    Yes, plus there were more out of sub items in 2012, plus the 30th Ann subscription. We may get some unexpected treats, but what we were still promised was monthly figs for Aug, Sep, Nov and Dec. Quarterly 3 and 4 and an SDCC exclusive. So 7 skus (8 if you count Clamp Champ)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    Man, I am behind! How do we know Clamp Champ is coming next August?
    We never know for sure. At SDCC we saw Snake Face's sheild and he was announced at Power-Con, where we saw Clamp Champ's Clamp.

ClampChamp__scaled_600.jpg

Here's a pic of the Clamp, that was shown.

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    your welcome Doc
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I hate to say this, but Mattel has to show something incredible to take away my excitement from this:

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment...0&d=1349932593
    Even though the Power Rangers were first, I still prefer Voltron! Plus by the time the Power Rangers came to the states, I was older and it just never grabbed my attention. Now if we get more Ninja Turtles in classics form, then MOTUC has to worry!

I'm SUPER excited for Clamp Champ and of course Castle Grayskull, so if those are the only reveals we get I'll be more than thrilled!

Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    They have already revealed half the year and it isn't 2013 yet. I'm gonna guess we get Clamp Champ, CG details, and possibly an addon sub (the green light to get us more figures, he mentioned after Sub or Die 2013).
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think that 'thing' he mentinoed is going to be revealed at New York Toy Fair in February.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    I can't imagine them revealing much stuff, but Clamp Champ would be great. I'd love to also see another POP reveal. Castaspella or Mermista!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    They have already revealed half the year and it isn't 2013 yet. I'm gonna guess we get Clamp Champ, CG details, and possibly an addon sub (the green light to get us more figures, he mentioned after Sub or Die 2013).
    I have a feeling that the SDCC 2013 reveals might be all about promoting that 2014 subscription. Remember when DC Universe had FIVE figures revealed? We might see that with Classics. We might see figures revealed up to May 2014. A common issue during the last sub phase was that fans didn't know who was in the sub. Since the goodwill of the fans toward secrecy has been exhausted, maybe Mattel figures that it's no longer "fun" to keep the lineup secret anymore, as it will cost them subscriptions.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I agree with this. I bet we see the CG "reveal" sheet, Clamp Champ, and maybe a villain (PLEASE be Goat Man)
    And then I bet he reveals a separate "variant" type add on sub. If anything I bet its 4 figures (fan demanded/variants/Son of He-Man) that will be available outside of the main 2013 sub.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I hate to say this, but Mattel has to show something incredible to take away my excitement from this:

http://www.tokunation.com/attachment...0&d=1349932593
    I'd be beyond stoked for this if they hadn't already tried the same thing like 3 times previously and given up after only a few Rangers. Fool me once...

This time they mean it. I'll never trust Bandai unless they release the entire team at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    ooo! Gimmie a Green Ranger of that, and a new 12inch scale ULTRA detailed version of the DragonZord an I would be VERY happy!
    How about a half decent Rita Repulsa? Or even a Scorpina figure? She's well overdue!

But anyway, back to MOTUC. I want to see another Rebel - Castaspella or Spinnerella would make me giddy with joy!

Wonder if we'll learn more about the He-Man iPhone game too?

The addon sub or whatever it is won't be announced until next February if I remember correctly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Wonder if we'll learn more about the He-Man iPhone game too?
    Have you seen the trailer? If not, watch it.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Very happily, it seems almost a given that Clamp will be revealed, unless some problem comes up with him (given his head and clamp are the only new pieces for him, I don't expect that; we've seen the clamp already, and what problems can you run into with a one piece head?). I'm hoping for a Filmation character reveal, as well, but I don't know, given we've already got Fangman and Octavia coming. Still, this is the first full year of having access to those characters, so I hope they will make up for lost time and maybe over-represent them in 2013.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I get so excited for these events. I love that they do them, but do you ever wonder why they bother? They're showing off figures that are ostensibly already bought. The sub drive is over, they're not promoting anything. Kinda weird when you think about it.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    The addon sub or whatever it is won't be announced until next February if I remember correctly.
    Hmm...that depends really. I think Mattel tends to keep towards a Jan-Dec year in terms of their SKU strategies...so if an addon sub was announced in Feb 2013, then it would have to be for a Jan 2014 start date.
    Whereas if they announced it now, it would give enough time for a Jan 2013 start date.

Nevertheless, I had heard conflicting info wether it would be announced at NYCC (now) or NYTF (Feb), but I guess we'll find out soon!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    I get so excited for these events. I love that they do them, but do you ever wonder why they bother? They're showing off figures that are ostensibly already bought. The sub drive is over, they're not promoting anything. Kinda weird when you think about it.
    Hello???
    Castle Grayskull....

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Hello???
    Castle Grayskull....

Well yeah! THIS time they have something to sell. Oops. Hahahha

Making you feel good about what you currently own is part of selling and marketing, so you stay loyal to the line for the future.

I think we'll see the July 2013 figure, which is very likely Clamp Champ and the $25 Quarterly, which is probably NA He-Man. Then of course the Castle Grayskull plans.

I doubt we will see the Horde Troopers until SDCC 2013.
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'm SUPER excited for Clamp Champ and of course Castle Grayskull, so if those are the only reveals we get I'll be more than thrilled!

I hope I'm wrong, but I think that 'thing' he mentinoed is going to be revealed at New York Toy Fair in February.
    GOOD CALL. I think your right concerning the "add on" sub reveal. So heres hoping we see Clamp Champ and Goat Man revealed at NYCC. I really want Rokkon or Stondar sooner rather than later as well.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes, but it could make people aware that weren't already aware. Then those people go to Mattycollector and pick up the essentials and then will subscribe next year. Perfect world scenario obviously.

I'm guessing Clamp Champ, Horde Troopers, and Castaspella, maybe a hint for Shokoti with the green light being Battle Ram....but I didn't think we were getting the green light thing till February as well...the NYTF. Can't wait to see. I'm hoping MGM is right and they'll reveal most of 2013 and save the SDCC suprises next year for more 2014 reveals as a sub push.

I don't think any new figure would be shown, they would save it for Toy Fair.
    However, I'd like to see CG concept blueprints, and even when it has been said that it'd be based on Mark Taylor's designs, I do hope that it is closer to Filmation's
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread