Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Don´t like Clamp Champ all that much Would´ve prefered more Fro, less wrinkles.
    Bet it wasn´t Eric who sculpted him.
    Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Pre order time seems to be a bit short of 3 months according to Matty.

Pre-order Starts: October 16, 2012 9 a.m. PT
    Pre-order Ends: January 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT
    This is good news, feeling good about it getting done!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Based on the blueprint with the He-Man figure in it as a comparison, Castle Grayskull will be about 24-25" tall. That's pretty huge!!
    Huge? CG should, at the very least, be 25" tall to be in MotUC scale. The 200X castle is 21" tall and 200X figures are aprox. 6" tall (the vintage figures, for their part, were 5.25"), whereas MotUC figures are 7" tall (almost double the height of a G.I. Joe or Star Wars 3.75" figure). That makes MotUC figures 17% taller than 6"-scale figures, even though Mattel bizarrely claims that MotUC is supposedly in "6-inch scale". In fact, in terms of volumetry (how much space a real, three-dimensional piece occupies), 7"-scale figures such as MotUC are over one and a half as voluminous as 6"-scale figures (1.17 ^3 = 1.6); a difference in scale quite obvious by just placing a 200X or Ghostbusters figure side by side a MotUC figure.

Which means, a 24" MotuC CG would look rather small—barely an improvement over a 200X castle used with MotUC figures. A CG in MotUC scale has to be quite noticeably bigger (25" minimum just to look as "small" as how the vintage or 200X castles look relative to their respective figures), because the scale of MotUC figures is quite noticeably bigger. Though, in fact, it should be more like 30"+ for it to actually be in a "realistic" scale that allows He-Man to enter the castle while mounting Battle Cat.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; October 13, 2012 at 03:36pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Besides CG, VERY boring reveals. Clamp Champ and NA He-man will be going straight to eBay when I get them in the mail
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    ZERO interest in NA he-man, not sure I'll keep him.
    Not even to swap out the sword aloft hand?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I think the reveals are great. I can't believe all the flack CC is getting. He's got the clamp, he's got a fro, he's good to go. And NA He-Man is the only other variety I HAD to have. And I've always been in for CG and have not changed my mind, can not wait.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    It's Comparison Time

http://i.imgur.com/JML0U.jpg

I think the extra left-wrist-guard is added for the shield to clip on to...
    It's the same wrist guards as Bow just painted different. Cheaper to do that than tool a new forearm piece.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    NA He-Man looks really awesome from the pics. I HOPE he comes with his extra head and armour though!

I was COMPLETELY wrong about Clamp Champ too. Mattel/The Four Horsemen didn't make the new armour to please the people who were upset with the hole for Fisto's 200X sword. Clamp Champ has, what looks like, the bell to start and end rounds of a wrestling match on his back. What the heck is that thing?

I was one of the people perfectly happy with Fisto's armour and wanted it re-used for Clamp Champ (it could hold his clamp). I do not like whatever the heck is on CC's back. It feels like wasted tooling dollars when so many characters this year are losing out on things (like Netossa's mask and potentially NA He-Man's helmeted head and chest armour). I mean...really???

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1350152187.jpg
    I have to agree, I for one would have been 100% happy with just a repainted fisto armor.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Yep it's completely based on the toy (as expected) so I will be passing. I have nowhere to put it and way too expensive for me anyway, so in some ways I'm glad it's not the version I've always wanted Filmation Snake Mountain is a possibility if Grayskull sells? Why wouldn't a potential Snake Mountain be based on the toy version like Grayskull?
    He's just saying that to sway the Filmation fans who would otherwise be passing on a vintage-inspired CG

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I have to agree, I for one would have been 100% happy with just a repainted fisto armor.
    I agree. All they had to do was fill up that gap.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

well I know i'm thowing this out here really early but if sumone don't want their NA he-man I'd nab him. (yes I know it way to early to call dibs on things like that lol ) I sure hope NA skelator will be on the way tho I would much preffer if they made the powered up version first

Both Clamp Champ and NA He-Man were on my top want list, so I'm glad to see them. NA He-Man looks fantastic and Clamp Champ has so much character. I think he's a fantastic merger of the vintage and staction design.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    2 for me as well BC!! Can you believe it?!? Castle Grayskull!
    Finally!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I think na heman looks great. Glad clamp got a second accessory.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    i'm worried about CG scale. She-ra with Switfwind wouldn't be allow to enter...

Granamyr would be taller...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I was COMPLETELY wrong about Clamp Champ too. Mattel/The Four Horsemen didn't make the new armour to please the people who were upset with the hole for Fisto's 200X sword. Clamp Champ has, what looks like, the bell to start and end rounds of a wrestling match on his back. What the heck is that thing?

I was one of the people perfectly happy with Fisto's armour and wanted it re-used for Clamp Champ (it could hold his clamp). I do not like whatever the heck is on CC's back. It feels like wasted tooling dollars when so many characters this year are losing out on things (like Netossa's mask and potentially NA He-Man's helmeted head and chest armour). I mean...really???
    Clamp Champ has elements from his 200X staction:

• The armor has most of the high tech detail
    • The second, smaller power pincer
    • The black round backpack

The only things that he is really missing are his headset and hydraulic tubes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Did I mention I'm loving Clamp Champ? Because I am!!!

And I'm hoping there might be some brackets on the Castle floor to place the weapons rack in/on.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

[prays].... now if only ninjor could be the next teaser item to go in the display case...

Ninjor, Horde Troopers, Mantenna an I will have all the vintage guys I had as a kid updated into the MOTUC line, anything beyond that is a bonus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Huge? CG should, at the very least, be 25" tall to be in MotUC scale. The 200X castle is 21" tall and 200X figures are aprox. 6" tall (the vintage figures, for their part, were 5.25"), whereas MotUC figures are 7" tall (almost double the height of a G.I. Joe or Star Wars 3.75" figure). That makes MotUC figures 17% taller than 6"-scale figures, even though Mattel bizarrely claims that MotUC is supposedly in "6-inch scale". In fact, in terms of volumetry (how much space a real, three-dimensional piece occupies), 7"-scale figures such as MotUC are over one and a half as voluminous as 6"-scale figures (1.17 ^3 = 1.6); a difference in scale quite obvious by just placing a 200X or Ghostbusters figure side by side a MotUC figure.

Which means, a 24" MotuC CG would look rather small—barely an improvement over a 200X castle used with MotUC figures. A CG in MotUC scale has to be quite noticeably bigger (25" minimum just to look as "small" as how the vintage or 200X castles look relative to their respective figures), because the scale of MotUC figures is quite noticeably bigger. Though, in fact, it should be more like 30"+ for it to actually be in a "realistic" scale that allows He-Man to enter the castle while mounting Battle Cat.
    That's some good math. I would be concerned about price, though, of a 30" tall Grayskull. Yeah, it'd be cool to have it big enough to allow He-man mounted on Battle Cat to enter, but then the price would just be too high. People are balking now at $250.

But, a 30 inch tall Grayskull would be epic....

BTW: I'm thinking the spacesuit/robot from the cardboard cut-out will be made into a figure someday since it's not in this new CG.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    was there anything mentioned at the panel about getting figures out faster or something along those lines? I heard something mentioned on the boards before but was just curious if anything concrete has been hammered out.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    That's some good math. I would be concerned about price, though, of a 30" tall Grayskull. Yeah, it'd be cool to have it big enough to allow He-man mounted on Battle Cat to enter, but then the price would just be too high.

I think He-Man and Battle Cat will be able to enter, I think the door is over 9" high. Not sure on he width, but they just might make it!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I suggest everyone grab a tape measure and rule out these measurements yourself: the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d

IT'S HUGE!!!!! I believe He-Man on Battle Cat will be able to enter the Castle!!!!
    Sorry to break it to you, but no, it's not really that huge and definitely He-Man won't be able to enter the castle while mounting Battle Cat (just like he can't with the 200X and vintage castles). 25" is the absolute barest minimum for CG to be "in scale" with MotUC (i.e., to be in a similar castle-to-figure ratio as the vintage and 200X castles were to their respective figures). The 200X castle was 21" tall (-16%) and the figures were 1" shorter (-15%) than MotUC figures. To be in a "realistic" scale allowing He-Man on Battle Cat to enter the castle, it should be more like 30" tall.

Mattel are not going to go any extra mile at all (such as making the castle in a scale that allows He-Man on Battle Cat to enter the castle, as fans would like). Quite the contrary, they'll be looking for every chance to cut corners on the final product.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; October 13, 2012 at 04:17pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Besides CG, VERY boring reveals. Clamp Champ and NA He-man will be going straight to eBay when I get them in the mail
    I'll definately be selling Clamp Champ too, he has to be the most boring figure in the whole line! I might sell NA He-Man, haven't decided yet (but most likely I will)
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Sorry to break it to you, but no, it's not really that huge and definitely He-Man won't be able to enter the castle while mounting Battle Cat (just like it can't with the 200X and vintage castles).
    Look at the drawing, the door is mislabeled, but it's looks to be between 8.5 and 9.5 inches tall. My He-Man and Battle Cat are under 9" the way they are posed right now. So we'll see. No, it's not "proper scale" like in the cartoon or comics, but it's probably the best we could hope for at "reasonable" price. If we get some good, hi-res pics, we maybe able to figure it out for sure.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Clamp Champ is awesome! Thumbs WAY up!! And it's neat that they included the extra, smaller clamp weapon from the staction.

NA He-Man - VERY cool! Love that he can hold the sword aloft, and how cool that they added the He-Man symbol to his armor!

Castle Grayskull blueprints... WOW!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Clamp Champ has elements from his 200X staction:

• The armor has most of the high tech detail
    • The second, smaller power pincer
    The black round backpack

The only things that he is really missing are his headset and hydraulic tubes.
    OH! I forgot he had the backpack on the Staction. He's been front-facing on my shelf for years! I'm still not a fan of it though. If it was REMOVABLE, I would be all for it.

Looking at pictures of Fisto and Clamp Champ side-by-side, I DO like the added detailing on the front of the armour that Fisto doesn't have. I think it looks much nicer. I also love his small clamp. I just don't like the backpack thing. It falls into the category of sculpted dials that don't do anything, for me. Again, if it was removable (like G.I. Joe backpacks), I would see it as a welcome addition, though.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; October 13, 2012 at 04:24pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Im sure He-Man can only just ride through the door. But you have to bend the Cats legs a little.