Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

A big fan of Slush Head
    NA He-man is amazing, looks fantastic. Finally he showed up. I love the updates.
    Clamp Champ also looks great. I'm so glad he has a new armor and love the 200x details.
    This line is the best!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

As much as I was hoping for another Great Rebellion figure, I assumed it would be too soon for another female after Octavia. And given that that leaves Sea Hawk (and he and Octavia shared an episode), I wasn't holding my breath. Hopefully we'll see an A-list GR lady at NYTF in February - I'm gunning for Glimmer, Queen Angella or Spinnerella (hey, a guy can dream, right?!).

To the reveals...

- I'm not fussed by Clamp Champ and won't be buying. But I'm glad my 2013 partner-in-crime tmc1984 will be getting his hands on him. I have to say though, the 4HM have done another amazing face sculpt. Like with Netossa, they've aced the look of another African-American/Eternian character. This actually makes him stand out from the crowd and if I was collecting vintage MOTU characters, I wouldn't object to having him on my shelf. Nice addition of the 200X staction clamp - this is what Classics should be about.
    - NA He-Man - also not bothered, but like the pony tail and the way they've maintained the expression and features of He-Man's face. The posable hand is also a great addition - I kinda feel they've missed a golden opportunity though because this would have been perfect for an interchangeable 30th anniversary He-Man figure.
    - Castle Grayskull B-sheet - I can't afford to buy it and I hope it doesn't cause sales of the 2014 sub to tank, but I'm pleased those who want Grayskull have a chance to get it. I'd be more inclined to fork out the cash if it had a Filmation-inspired throne for the Sorceress and other influences from various incarnations of the castle. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out - but I guess we have a year to wait.

Hopefully we'll see some more POP before then!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior
    Clam Champ looks awesome, but I personally prefer his vintage face.

NA He-Man looks great. I just hope the wrist articulation is good quality and works fine...we all know by now that "first appearance features" are often problematic with this line.

Still wondering why Octavia isn't shown with her tentacles on. Those will ALSO be a "first appearance feature"... more problems in sight ?

Castle Grayskull : I'd have prefered to see an actual prototype. Everything seems to be just a draft at this moment. Just blueprints. It will require much more than a blueprint to convince me to get an item that will probably reach 350 or 400 euros in Europe, shipping costs included.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    - Castle Grayskull B-sheet - I can't afford to buy it and I hope it doesn't cause sales of the 2014 sub to tank, but I'm pleased those who want Grayskull have a chance to get it. I'd be more inclined to fork out the cash if it had a Filmation-inspired throne for the Sorceress and other influences from various incarnations of the castle. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out - but I guess we have a year to wait.
    I don't know if it will be Filmation inspired, but it will include a throne. From the sale page on Mattycollector:

Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?

I quickly resized it in Photoshop, the door is right around 9" and the width is about 4.9". That's really close on the width because of the areas that are narrower in the middle (that is just about the width of He-Man on BC the way I have his feet positioned, could change the leg position I guess). Might be a very tight fit width-wise. If the 4H tweek the door size a bit, I think they will fit.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; October 13, 2012 at 04:46pm.
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well, we know that the SDCC exclusive isn't a NA He-Man vs NA Skeletor two pack...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    NA He-Man and Clamp Champ!!! Totally Awesome!!! I updated my sig to remove these 2 most wanted from my MOTUC wishlist!
    I hope Champ champ has a full body with muscular ab crunch underneath the new armor instead of the smooth armor ab crunch we usually see with armors. I want to make a He-Bro and it'll be easier using Clamp Champ as the base buck

Castle Grayskull looks good so far! I'm hoping for large detailed pictures soon! I really hope we will get those extra accessories as well that came beside the weapons rack and maybe the torture chamber Scott was hinting before. If they are not included, Mattel HAS to start selling the mini diorama's again! I believe they will sell a lot better this time around because now people will have a purpose for things like the weapons rack! we can put in inside Castle Grayskull!!!
    $250 for Castle Grayskull with tax and shipping will be around $300 in total which is quite a bit. But since we have a year to save up for CG, divided by 12 months that'll be $25 a month to put aside ($7.50 a week, $12.50 bi-weekly). Looking at it that way really makes it affordable!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Pre order time seems to be a bit short of 3 months according to Matty.

Pre-order Starts: October 16, 2012 9 a.m. PT
    Pre-order Ends: January 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT
    Apparently the minimum amount must be attained by the 10th of November. If that demand is met, then the Castle will stay on for further pre-ordering until the 3rd of January.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well, we know that the SDCC exclusive isn't a NA He-Man vs NA Skeletor two pack...
    AND....... There is no chance of He-Man 2.0 as well !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Damn, no Alcala He-Man in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    darn it !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    AND....... There is no chance of He-Man 2.0 as well !!
    Maybe not. It might be something outside of the sub, like She-Ra 2.0 was. Or it could be an exclusive in 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Oo-Larr isn't He-Man.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    darn it !!!
    ...and he would fit so nicely in that castle

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    hmmm...that's too bad....

(hint?)

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Look, I made a picture of all the NA figures together!!! How nice they all look!!

MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

...and he would fit so nicely in that castle
    quoted for truth !!!

Oo-Larr isn't He-Man.
    good point !!!

I agree with your agreement! Filmation is iconic and much more imposing looking than the repurposed vintage Snake Mountain. They can always incorporate elements from the different sources to make it the bets it can be.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I really hope they wont mess NA He-Man with "painted" parts ! Especially the Ball-Joint wrists !! We don’t want him like Thunder Punch He-Man WITH painted closed fist (which was casted in red colour plastic) ! Maybe we should be LOUD & CLEAR about this to Scott. Let us voice together before its too late !!

In simple, NA He-Man should be treated like Bow !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    I dont want to sound pessimistic and I m totally signing up for castle grayskull anyway, but the scale seems not to be that enormous afterall - He-man is like as tall as the door. I know it's not final but I really wish they would incorporate some filmation elements. Once again, I dont care about concept art that never was and that could have been! i would have been way more excited to get a castle grayskull closer to the cartoon which millionsof kids worldwide grew up with

The true test is can he-man be atop battlecat and ride through the door?

or more importantly can swiftwind's wingspan fit through the door?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Time to start planning how I'm going to make a lazy susan for my castle.

I hope it has a place for castle grayskull man and/or bronze king grayskull to display as a statue. And the orb holder.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo-Ro View Post
    I agree with your agreement! Filmation is iconic and much more imposing looking than the repurposed vintage Snake Mountain. They can always incorporate elements from the different sources to make it the bets it can be.
    "It looks like something out of a horror movie, it looks like a monument....to EVILLLL" - Colonel Mark Blaze from "Visitors From Earth" when he crashes in front of Snake Mountain.

Love that episode!
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    The true test is can he-man be atop battlecat and ride through the door?
    It'll be very close, but I think they'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    or more importantly can swiftwind's wingspan fit through the door?
    With wings folded back and minus She-Ra. Wings spread out, no chance!
    Congratulations! MOTUC 2015!

Very good point! Butchering that version of He-man and using him for parts sounds a lot more fun!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Ok they have the Castle Grayskull Pre Order info up on the Matty page.

Pre-order Starts: October 16, 2012 9 a.m. PT
    Pre-order Ends: January 3, 2013 11:59 p.m. PT

Standing solitary in the desolate lands of Eternia®, the legendary Castle Grayskull® offers sanctuary for He-Man® and those who stand for all that is good. An essential component in the original Masters of the Universe® toy line, this long-awaited icon is finally available for pre-order. Whether you’re a dedicated fan of the original series or new to the Classics line, no collection will truly be complete without Castle Grayskull®!

Our all-new Castle Grayskull® playset is slated for a late 2013 release. Because it’s still in its very earliest stage, the final design is subject (and likely) to change. Why are we offering it for pre-order now and asking you to make a commitment when the design hasn’t been finalized? Because the production cycle for an item like this takes over a year and is extremely costly. If we don’t reach the minimum pre-order goal, we can’t go forward.

So, here’s everything we can tell you at this time. Please read carefully before you make your purchase – if we reach our production goal during the pre-order period, there will be no refunds or exchanges when the product is released.

Product Features

It’s Castle Grayskull®!
    Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the “B sheet” product drawings to the left, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet.
    If produced, this will be the largest, most ambitious MOTUC item ever made – the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d (subject to change).
    The overall sculpt will be based on the original 1981 prototype, with the addition of an extra battle ledge, elongated jaw/face, a removable minaret on top of the dome and more!
    Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout but there will be three levels to show off your MOTUC figures (in scale with most of our 6.5” figures). The vintage set only had two levels, but we’ve added another across the top for maximum display options.
    Two secret doors – the first, a traditional door that opens out the back, and the second one, a secret brick wall that exits to the outside ledge.
    Trap door leading to the dungeon (of course) that has an opening door, plus “locks” and chains to hold one figure.
    Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?
    Bat wing jet pack and training device were both cut from the vintage prototype and finally get a chance at production!
    Working elevator like the ‘81 prototype had, but we’ve added back the red skull on top that was cut. The elevator goes to all three levels, not just two levels like vintage toy.
    Real opening Jawbridge just like you remember, only cooler!
    Have Wind Raider? The playset will include an attachment so you can be ready for air-battle at a moment’s notice (and create a complete diorama).
    Secret Orb room is hidden inside the dome.
    Removable ladder to the roof leads to a blaster and the flag of Castle Grayskull®.
    Carrying handle is optional for easy transport or clean display.
    Did we mention… it’s Castle Grayskull®!
    Ordering Information

Castle Grayskull® will only be produced if the minimum production goal is reached during the pre-order period.
    If production goes forward, everyone who pre-orders is guaranteed to receive a playset. Some sets will be available on MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are fulfilled, but the price will be significantly higher and you won’t be guaranteed to get one. If you want one, a pre-order is the best way to ensure you get it.
    When you place your order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
    Please note that because this item is so large, shipping charges will be substantially higher than items we normally sell.
    This item is scheduled for late 2013 shipment. We’ll send an email reminder about a month before the product is scheduled to ship. If you need to change your address or credit card information at that time, you’ll have plenty of notice.
    If this item reaches the pre-order goal, there will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES, even if the design or features change. If you place a pre-order, you are committed to the purchase and will be billed when the item ships.
    Should we not reach the minimum pre-order goal, your order will simply be canceled (because there’s no charge until it ships, there’s no refund needed).
    One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or subtracted from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now. We’re seriously as excited as you are by the prospect of finally having a Castle Grayskull® playset and Mattel will do everything to ensure we can deliver as much value as possible!

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I concur with everyone who said 25 inches is hardly 'huge'. By the look of things, figures won't even be able to stand inside the dome where the orb of power will be hidden... It's more like a secret drawer than a hall of secrets!
    It's like 2 Hollywood Jem high! :-) (She's standing on my shelf so that was an easy estimation)

I really hope this bprint is just a map to things to come and that the 4 horsemen will go crazy with it when they sculpt it.
    One of the only cool features of the 200X castle grayskull was the Hall of Secret as an extra room hidden behind a secret panel where you could rest the sword of power; That was AWESOME! It was a bit flat and you could hardly fit a figure in there because the whole thing was so narrow! I hope this castle has a little more depth on the floors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Not even to swap out the sword aloft hand?
    you got me on a technicality sir!! if it can be popped and swapped like the other hands he does have a use for me.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure