Page 25 of 38 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

yay castle and boo no Horde Trooper reveals. the rest..meh. no sub for me as Ram man is my only desire. congrats to the excited
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I think Clamp Champ looks awesome. I wish he was a bit younger looking, but I guess as the next in line to protect the King, he's got to have that older and wiser look. So happy we're getting him, he's one of the last Heroic Warriors that seemed necessary to the collection.

NA He-Man, ugh. I honestly don't think it's a bad figure, the Four Horsemen did great as always, I just have never liked ponytail He-Man. He looks like a Bohemian elitist warrior, not the tough manly looking He-Man I remember during the vintage line. This is the first NA figure in MOTUC I am disappointed by. I was hoping the 1989 MOTUCized He-Man would include the helmet, to give him more of a space warrior look. But for those that loved the NA cartoon, I'm happy for those people at least.

Castle Grayskull, just awesome. I am so happy we have the opportunity after being told it was not that realistic. And I think the Castle looks just fine from the artwork, no issues on the size. It would be nice if Battlecat and He-Man fit in easily, I'm sure the Four Horsemen will make it so.

Snappy Threader
    All of the revelas...awesome. Would have loved to have seen Hydron, Glimmer and Kowl too, but I am very happy. Especially with CG. I am going to preorder immediately when it comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by MintCondition View Post
    I don't know if it will be Filmation inspired, but it will include a throne. From the sale page on Mattycollector:
    Thanks. I hope it's the Sorceress Filmation throne rather than the one intended for Zodac.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Does NYCC go on tomorrow as well? if so still might be a chance for a sneak peek to show up.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Warrior
    I would have still rather the 3 Towers of Eternia, but I'm looking forward to CG regardless.

Clamp Champ looks great and I'm glad they included his 200x-esque backpack and smaller claw weapon

NA He-Man looks good. I'm glad they went with the Jetlag ponytail. I hope there is an explanation on his bio for the new look of the Power Sword, something I wish that was explained when they released BP She-Ra with her vintage toy Protection Sword

hmm, they say Grayskull has 3 levels where the vintage only had two, but looking at these drawing, it feel like the vintage, two levels and then the tower platforms, not REALLY three levels. is there an extra floor up at that height too? Am I missing it??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    hmm, they say Grayskull has 3 levels where the vintage only had two, but looking at these drawing, it feel like the vintage, two levels and then the tower platforms, not REALLY three levels. is there an extra floor up at that height too? Am I missing it??
    Yes, if you look at the top view sketch you can see that there is floor that goes from the elevator all around the top of the castle.

I believe there is a cat-walk on top, making that the third level. Look at the birds-eye view pics.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Yes, if you look at the top view sketch you can see that there is floor that goes from the elevator all around the top of the castle.
    I see what you mean, I guess them not labeling it made me miss that! thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I believe there is a cat-walk on top, making that the third level. Look at the birds-eye view pics.
    On the catwalk, on the catwalk, he-man is too sexy for his shirt isn't he??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

On the catwalk, on the catwalk, he-man is too sexy for his shirt isn't he??
    Yes, yes he is.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

I hope the line picks up steam again, where there is no fear on how much time is left in the line. The way Scott's been handling things is if you see one Variation of He-man, you will see an equal of Skeletor. So expect an NA Skeletor. But with them only doing minimum wanted characters next year, does that mean if Scott had plans to follow the mini comic by having an NA She-ra, is she now scrapped. I would have loved to see that version of her.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the NA swords explanation is simple. The sword has powers to adapt He-man to any situation, Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc. in the future it does the same thing, by looking a little more futuristic to blend in with the times. As simple as that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I hope the line picks up steam again, where there is no fear on how much time is left in the line. The way Scott's been handling things is if you see one Variation of He-man, you will see an equal of Skeletor. So expect an NA Skeletor. But with them only doing minimum wanted characters next year, does that mean if Scott had plans to follow the mini comic by having an NA She-ra, is she now scrapped. I would have loved to see that version of her.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the NA swords explanation is simple. The sword has powers to adapt He-man to any situation, Battle Armor, Thunder Punch, etc. in the future it does the same thing, by looking a little more futuristic to blend in with the times. As simple as that in my opinion.
    I think na she-ra would be star-burst she-ra. Just a guess

Clamp Champ looks so awful...
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Heroic Warrior

Cool personal coincidence with the reveals of Clampo CVhamp and NA He-Man

I thought I would share this cool coincidence with you, but my nephew sometimes has a bad habit of going back to Montreal to my parent's house and bringing back some of my vintage MOTU toys accessories back with him. Like last year, he brought back with him Spikor and another visit, he brought back with him my Stilt Stalkers., Well, sometime in the late Spring when he came back from visiting my parents, this time, he brought back Clamp Champ's power pincer AND NA He-Man's Power Sword. When I saw the reveals today, I busted out laughing and had to show my nephew the newer versions of the figures who accessories he took WITHOUT my permission. lol. Maybe if he does that next time, I might have an idea who will come out the next year.

Everything looks awesome. I'll definitely be getting the Castle.

They really went above and beyond on all three reveals!

Wow! Clamp Champ and NA-He-man really harken back to years like 2009-2010 when the figures felt complete. The extra armor for Clampy, the additional clamp. The sword and shield for He-man and the new point of articulation! They rock! As for the armor and helmet from NA He-man, those are not needed for me personally even though they are cool. If we had to choose between them and the sword and shield, I'd go with the sword and shield all day.

Grayskull is so amazing I don't even know where to begin. I am over the moon about this set of reveals.

MAKE HYDRON NEXT!!!!!!!!!!! ty.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    They really went above and beyond on all three reveals!

Wow! Clamp Champ and NA-He-man really harken back to years like 2009-2010 when the figures felt complete. The extra armor for Clampy, the additional clamp. The sword and shield for He-man and the new point of articulation! They rock! As for the armor and helmet from NA He-man, those are not needed for me personally even though they are cool. If we had to choose between them and the sword and shield, I'd go with the sword and shield all day.

Grayskull is so amazing I don't even know where to begin. I am over the moon about this set of reveals.

MAKE HYDRON NEXT!!!!!!!!!!! ty.
    Or Sagitar.

Once we have those two, we complete New Adventures Big Four™ heroes.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I think na she-ra would be star-burst she-ra. Just a guess
    That is my guess as well, its the easiest way to blend in that variant. They have already made multiple She-Ra's so I doubt they stop anytime soon. She is a core character in MOTUC despite the fact POP is not as represented (yet)
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    That is my guess as well, its the easiest way to blend in that variant. They have already made multiple She-Ra's so I doubt they stop anytime soon. She is a core character in MOTUC despite the fact POP is not as represented (yet)
    I tweeted the 4H my NA She-Ra concept a while back and said something like "I hope you guys get a crack at her one day" and they said something like "we hope so too." Which means nothing, except that I think the 4H would like to design a new version of her. Who knows what Mattel has planned. I'd much rather her have a new design that ties in with NA He-man rather than Starburst She-Ra, who I find kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Or Sagitar.

Once we have those two, we complete New Adventures Big Four™ heroes.
    Sagitar is really the ONLY galactic hero I am anxious to get. (partly because I'm a sagittarius ) but also because i think he's so weird but at the same time wonderful. Having anyone ride him though just looks bad. I want Vizar too but ONLY because he's black. I don't particularly care for him over the others but getting him will add to my museum

Fear is faith in failure

Just wondering, but has there been a statement if we will get that gold power sword that was previewed last night with NA He-Man too? I like the NA version alot too, but am hoping we get both.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Just wondering, but has there been a statement if we will get that gold power sword that was previewed last night with NA He-Man too? I like the NA version alot too, but am hoping we get both.
    Isn't there a gold power sword included in the new DVD sets? Or was this a different thing?

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    GELDOR QUESTION

So, is Geldor the November 2013 monthly figure ... or is he a bonus figure ?

I heard both, so any clarification?
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

I think he was always going to be the sub figure.