Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 942

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

  1. #651
    Heroic Warrior tumalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Not clear, but you can go to the main page of the org, open up the picture, "save as" onto your desktop and then zoom in on it that way.
    Thanks!
    I'll give it a try!

  2. #652
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    N/A is slowly coming together. Who will be next?
    Awesome! I love these NA figures in MOTUC, bring us Flogg, Hydron and Sagitar! I always liked the vintage Na figures even though I didn't really watch/like the cartoon.

    Clamp Champ is looking even better now that he's sporting some staction elements on him. A great add on to the heroes.

    These reveals for 2013 are very diverse, I love it! We're getting figures from nearly every form of MOTU media, 200x and the golden books are missing - bring on EVIL SEED and GOAT MAN!

    I'll be pre-ordering Castle Grayskull as well. This is a high point to finally being able to get the chance to have a CG in the Classics line, by the Four Horsemen! I'm grateful for that $0 pre-charge as well, whew!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

  3. #653
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    After some thoughts, I think that NA He-Man needs his armor and helmet ! Are these accessories that were cut "for budget reasosn" and that will be released in the next weapons pack !?

    I would STILL have prefered to get Flying Fists He-Man before NA He-Man, though...

    Castle Grayskull... I'll have to see it first before judging. A blueprint is surely not enough for me to make up my mind. I also wonder whether TG & co. thought about the fact that it should be possible to add Point Dread and the Talon Fighter on top of Castle Grayksull if and when they are released...

    Right now, it seems that Mattel is asking once again for people to buy blindly an item (and an expensive one at that !) which could change radically from what was just presented at New York Comic Con... A bit of caution won't hurt on that one, I guess.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 14, 2012 at 07:23am.

  4. #654
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,948
    My big question. Will we be getting the N/A he-Man armor & helmet any time?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  5. #655
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    My big question. Will we be getting the N/A he-Man armor & helmet any time?
    That's a question that is worth asking in the next "What the fans want to know", if you ask me !

  6. #656
    Heroic Warrior tumalu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Right now, it seems that Mattel is asking once again for people to buy blindly an item (and an expensive one at that !) which could change radically from what was just presented at New York Comic Con... A bit of caution won't hurt on that one, I guess.
    True, yet I've been buying Motuc blindly for 4 years now and the final product didn't disappoint me a single time, so I guess I'll take the risk - it's Castle Grayskull we are talking about, afterall.

  7. #657
    Heroic Warrior tycondrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    309
    anyone here else think it might be awesome if they gave that wrist articulation to other figures ? say the pilots from the fighting foemen so when and if they do release the vehicles you may be able to get them to hold the controls properly ?

  8. #658
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,948
    I would love the bow hands with there articulation be made for Ninjor because his weapon is a bow as well.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  9. #659
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    I dont know why, but it sorta surprised me that they have just taken the old play set, and kicked it up a notch..... for some reason I had a playset version of what icon heroes sculpted in my head .... a more filmation inspired grayskull ... as this is their chance to make the grayskull we all have in our heads, put there by ads and cartoons as kids ..... and at first I was like .... do I really want to spend $200 on what's basically a grayskull upgrade? .... a few doors, and details .... hmmm ....

    That said, I think it does fit into the whole idea of "classics" ..... I just wish the filmation rights would come into play a little more on this.... I will absolutely preorder though, purely because of the extra floor and utilization of space...... I just hope it has one hell of an awesome box.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  10. #660
    Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Posts
    2,831
    I'm am running on very little sleep and food, so please forgive me if I don't read the twenty-seven pages of this discussion yet in order to upload my pictures as soon as possible for anyone who wants them. I was the guy at the panel who asked about Mattel's policy on replacing defective parts like Snout Spout's trunk. There's been discussion in the past about people suddenly losing the courage to press Mattel on the problems afflicting this line, but never let that be said about me. For the record, I completely respect but completely disagree with the 4HM's response that it is impossible to send replacement parts because swapping requires expert-level customization skills. All you need to swap a pair of forearms is a blowdryer and some patience, and in the case of Snout Spout's trunk, a little bit of glue. You do not need any knowledge of sculpting, painting, sanding, or how to operate any special tools like a Dremel.

    And so, without any further ado, the pics. If you want to just see my full album, go here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%20Con%202012/





















    That's all I can post with the 10-pic limit, but there are plenty more in my album, including photos of the slides at the panel.
    Last edited by Sword-of-Grayskull; October 14, 2012 at 07:47am.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

    GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

    If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

  11. #661
    Heroic Warrior tycondrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I'm am running on very little sleep and food, so please forgive me if I don't read the twenty-seven pages of this discussion yet in order to upload my pictures as soon as possible for anyone who wants them. I was the guy at the panel who asked about Mattel's policy on replacing defective parts like Snout Spout's trunk. There's been discussion in the past about people suddenly losing the courage to press Mattel on the problems afflicting this line, but never let that be said about me. For the record, I completely respect but completely disagree with the 4HM's response that it is impossible to send replacement parts because swapping requires expert-level customization skills. All you need to swap a pair of forearms is a blowdryer and some patience, and in the case of Snout Spout's trunk, a little bit of glue. You do not need any knowledge of sculpting, painting, sanding, or how to operate any special tools like a Dremel.

    And so, without any further ado, the pics. If you want to just see my full album, go here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...%20Con%202012/

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2239.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2238.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2237.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2229.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2227.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2232.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2236.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2233.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2231.jpg

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2/DSCN2228.jpg

    That's all I can post with the 10-pic limit, but there are plenty more in my album.

    he-man beat the snot outa Karratti lol

  12. #662
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    Translucent accessories for NA He-Man = FRAGILE accessories ?

    Also, I wonder... does Clamp Champ's big clamp open and close properly ? Is it tight ? Does it hold in place ? Apparently, there's no spring mechanism, unlike the 80's version (yeah, yeah, I know: no "action features"). Let's hope and pray that there won't be any problem with him and his accessories.
    Last edited by Prahvus; October 14, 2012 at 07:50am.

  13. #663
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Translucent accessories for NA He-Man = FRAGILE accessories ?
    I'm betting these will be the softer type of plastic and not the hard fragile one.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed

  14. #664
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,861
    I'm betting these will be the softer type of plastic and not the hard fragile one.
    Do you mean that NA He-Man's accessories could be as soft as Catra's sword !?

  15. #665
    Heroic Warrior Count Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Underworld, Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    After some thoughts, I think that NA He-Man needs his armor and helmet ! Are these accessories that were cut "for budget reasosn" and that will be released in the next weapons pack !?

    I would STILL have prefered to get Flying Fists He-Man before NA He-Man, though...

    Castle Grayskull... I'll have to see it first before judging. A blueprint is surely not enough for me to make up my mind. I also wonder whether TG & co. thought about the fact that it should be possible to add Point Dread and the Talon Fighter on top of Castle Grayksull if and when they are released...

    Right now, it seems that Mattel is asking once again for people to buy blindly an item (and an expensive one at that !) which could change radically from what was just presented at New York Comic Con... A bit of caution won't hurt on that one, I guess.
    I feel the same way. NA He-Man needs that armor and helmet but he most likely won't have them due to the "costs" like so many other things.
    I'm very excited about Castle Grayskull but on the matty page it states no refunds or exchanges. That is something to be cautious about with all these production errors we've gotten, there will be no exchanges if its misassembled or has parts missing? They better make sure all orders are perfect and that CG will be a top notch item.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

  16. #666
    AZ Mazter Shokoti's Slave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    The House of Darkness
    Posts
    1,460
    Really? A variant? Of all the possible figures from POP, NA, Classics, Filmation, etc that they could have went with in that slot, they give us a He-Man variant? Granted it's NA He-Man, but we already have how many He-Man figures so far? GAH!
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

    __________

    Arizona Mazter of the Universe

  17. #667
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,301
    Awesome reveals!
    I highly doubt I will be able to afford Castle Grayskull though... which is sad cos I have never owned one.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  18. #668
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,905
    Thanks for all the pics, guys/gals.

    I really hope Netty gets her extra accessories one day.


  19. #669
    Casual Fan slackrguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Translucent accessories for NA He-Man = FRAGILE accessories ?
    Mmmm, likely no more fragile than TP He-Man's sword or Buzz-Off's wings.

    Also, I wonder... does Clamp Champ's big clamp open and close properly ? Is it tight ? Does it hold in place ? Apparently, there's no spring mechanism, unlike the 80's version (yeah, yeah, I know: no "action features"). Let's hope and pray that there won't be any problem with him and his accessories.
    I doubt there is a spring, but if you look the clamps can slide back and forth.

    *edit, err'd on interpretation of clamps moving mechanism*
    Last edited by slackrguy; October 14, 2012 at 01:59pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

    If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

  20. #670
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,689
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokoti's Slave View Post
    Really? A variant? Of all the possible figures from POP, NA, Classics, Filmation, etc that they could have went with in that slot, they give us a He-Man variant? Granted it's NA He-Man, but we already have how many He-Man figures so far? GAH!
    NA He-Man isn't simply a variant. He's the leader of his own specific era. You can't interchange him with any other vintage He-Man variant without it looking off.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  21. #671
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    With what we've seen on the blueprint, the biggest unknown for me is the paint apps. Will the drawbridge be brown or green? Will the 'shingles' be brown or green? I'm hoping there will be some nice paint apps on the front of the castle because I personally don't want a solid green hunk of plastic with black around the eyes like the vintage playset (I love the vintage one, don't get me wrong). The scheme they go with for paint will make a huge difference on how well this turns out in my opinion.

    ***edit: i just looked at the updated photos and can see the brown jawbridge and shingles. Good!

  22. #672
    Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,971
    My vintage NA sword and sheild are as clear,solid and minty now as the day I opened em in 1990. Im sure they will be fine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    NA He-Man isn't simply a variant. He's the leader of his own specific era. You can't interchange him with any other vintage He-Man variant without it looking off.
    Exactly, he is as unique as the 200X version...different eras, and Vital to that Era.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

    http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

    [/CENTER]

  23. #673
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,689
    That vintage NA sword handle is fragile!!! I had to get another NA He-Man because of it. I hope that this one is infinitely more durable.

    I'd never thought I'd see the day when fans are pushing for dropped NA accessories.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  24. #674
    Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,195
    Clamp Champ is absolute perfection! One of my favorite vintage figures, and this one disappoints in no way whatsoever.

    NA He-Man, eh. I like the detail work on the harness and belt, but the head is a huge missed opportunity to move away from that tired face sculpt. I've never been a big fan of the NA He-Man design, but a truly new head would've earned my purchase on principle. As is, a very easy pass.

  25. #675
    the .09% stprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alternia
    Posts
    1,906
    If we'd gotten the helmet head and full armor everyone would be up in arms about wanting the pony tail and shoulder strap.

    I think in this situation where they had to choose x head and y armor they did great.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •