Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Just regarding Castle Grayskull :

I'm very happy with the idea of seeing CG to classics... but as I was imagining, the scale doesn't satisfy me.
    I know that from a financial point of view, its size has a big impact on the price and that 250$ is already a lot for many people.
    But at the same time, I was hoping to see a jaw-bridge twice as tall as 1 figure and not only the same size as a figure...

Castle Grayskull isn't a big house... it's a Castle, and in all the cartoon its "mouth" is a lot bigger than the zise of a simple man.

So I'm happy overall but I'm already frustrated because of its size compared to the size of a figure... He-man riding Battle cat won't be able to enter Castle Grayskull...

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Quote Originally Posted by Khror View Post
    Just regarding Castle Grayskull :

I'm very happy with the idea of seeing CG to classics... but as I was imagining, the scale doesn't satisfy me.
    I know that from a financial point of view, its size has a big impact on the price and that 250$ is already a lot for many people.
    But at the same time, I was hoping to see a jaw-bridge twice as tall as 1 figure and not only the same size as a figure...

Castle Grayskull isn't a big house... it's a Castle, and in all the cartoon its "mouth" is a lot bigger than the zise of a simple man.

So I'm happy overall but I'm already frustrated because of its size compared to the size of a figure... He-man riding Battle cat won't be able to enter Castle Grayskull...
    Hi, unless I missed something new, it was stated by a number of people on here that the mouth opening WILL fit He-Man riding on Battle Cat through it
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Got to go to nycc met Scott which was really really cool. Thanked him for all the great toys so far. I think I was a little over excited to meet him. The Mattel booth was giving out he-man t-shirts too from the new video game. Very block-o looking art.
    Fang Man looks amazing in person much better than in the photos.

Another cool thing was at the very end of the day I found the POWER AND HONOR FOUNDATION BOOK!! Which is a total ***** jam. Love love love the pictures.

Heroic Warrior
    Veebs stole my pic!!! LOL That thing was in the booth for two seconds. I turned to say something to my friend, looked back, and it was gone. Toyguru then disavowed all knowledge of the crossbow, stating that "Octavia has a purple one with an octopus on it, not white" LOL. Clever guy

It has to be for a Hordak variant. Note every crossbow to date has looked unique. This is Hordak's signature crossbow in white white. I hope it stays that way. I assume Buzzsaw, but probably Filmation more since there is more white to his face.

Oh, and I have a ton of Castle Grayskull layout pics. How do I post them? I took a ton of close ups of all the schematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nianotreve View Post
    Hi, unless I missed something new, it was stated by a number of people on here that the mouth opening WILL fit He-Man riding on Battle Cat through it
    Really? That would be great... I really would like a confirmation of TG about that.
    Thanks for the info!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakahn View Post
    Got to go to nycc met Scott which was really really cool. Thanked him for all the great toys so far. I think I was a little over excited to meet him. The Mattel booth was giving out he-man t-shirts too from the new video game. Very block-o looking art.
    Fang Man looks amazing in person much better than in the photos.

Another cool thing was at the very end of the day I found the POWER AND HONOR FOUNDATION BOOK!! Which is a total ***** jam. Love love love the pictures.
    Saw it, but it was $100!! Did you buy it??

- - - Updated - - -

Really? That would be great... I really would like a confirmation of TG about that.
    Thanks for the info!
    I have the dimensions they ironed out...have to figure out how to post those.

All white with red eyes? I agree with those who said Filmation Hordak...seems like a waste of an accessory thought since Filmation Hordak never used a crossbow in the cartoon. If it is, I hope it's for a separate Filmation line or a bonus figure as I'm not interested in a Filmation style Hordak.

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    The conspiracy theorist in me think they do [want it to fail] and that this is only on the table as a way to "shut up" fans. I'm going to be very surprised if Grayskull gets greenlit. Happily surprised, but really not expecting it.
    This is how I've felt since it was first announced. It just allows Mattel to turn the blame on the fans if it doesn't work out. If it DOES work out, it's just no-risk money for them. Of course, it seems that Mattel has been operating on a business model for several years where the customer is the only one who can accept risk.

Thanks for the info!
    The measurements are out there. The door is 8.95 inches tall. Go put a ruler next to your He-Man and Battle Cat and see how tall they are.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The measurements are out there. The door is 8.95 inches tall. Go put a ruler next to your He-Man and Battle Cat and see how tall they are.
    Wow, HI hadley, close by to me. I'm South in McDonough. Hi Neighbor.
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Filmation Hordak WITH Imp would be a really good choice for the white crossbow. However, I'm gonna go with Dragstor. His toy crossbow was gray but, since Hordak already came with a gray one, you can swap it with the one that comes with Dragstor.

Either way, I'll be psyched.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior Fearless Arriflex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    It has to be for a Hordak variant. Note every crossbow to date has looked unique. This is Hordak's signature crossbow in white white.
    I dont get this? The variant slot is taken by NA He-Man, so where would this Filmation Hordak come from? The weapon-hints at the end of the cons always were hints for the next figure in line, weren't they?
    Could this be an extra accessory for the Horde Troopers?

When Scott announced that they have made plans for this yet to be revealed special program to deliver more of the fan-demanded characters, I immediatly thought of a filmation-mini-sub. But when are they gonna start this? Febuary, directly after their announcement?
    MOTUC Most Wanted:
    Sagitar - Tuskador - Saurod - Mermista - The Crimson Fury - Entrapta - Kittrina - Artilla - Sssqueeze - Garth - Vultak - Dylamug - Lodar - Ninjor - Admiral Scurvy

On the matty forums someone asked about NA He-Man getting his armour and helmet. Scott said this was answered at the panel.

I must have missed the definitive answer from Scott on this, what was it?

J

The minimum he will come with is the harness, sword, and shield. The armor and helmet (or helmeted head) are being analyzed for cost, which means they will may be included or they may get dumped in Weapon Pak 4.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    On the matty forums someone asked about NA He-Man getting his armour and helmet. Scott said this was answered at the panel.

I must have missed the definitive answer from Scott on this, what was it?

J
    That was me.
    To be honest I feel offended by his snarky response.
    Not everyone was able to be at that panel!
    And even if it wasn't intended to sound rude - he really should use exclamation marks less often...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    That was me.
    To be honest I feel offended by his snarky response.
    Not everyone was able to be at that panel!
    And even if it wasn't intended to sound rude - he really should use exclamation marks less often...
    I think Scott figures that all interested fans would have seen the YouTube video by now.
    Unfortunately, he tends to make assumptions that all fans are obsessed with seeking out every bit of information.
    Casual fans may have questions, but not the time or desire to go searching message boards for an answer.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

I just figure with most of Scotts answers it would be easier just putting yes, no, looking into it then when he writes things like that. Use search, it was addressed at a panel!! etc.

Much easier and better sounding if he just answers

J

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless Arriflex View Post
    I dont get this? The variant slot is taken by NA He-Man, so where would this Filmation Hordak come from? The weapon-hints at the end of the cons always were hints for the next figure in line, weren't they?
    Could this be an extra accessory for the Horde Troopers?

When Scott announced that they have made plans for this yet to be revealed special program to deliver more of the fan-demanded characters, I immediatly thought of a filmation-mini-sub. But when are they gonna start this? Febuary, directly after their announcement?
    NA He-Man is included in the sub, there are out of sub figures....no one said one of those can't be a variant, since Bubble Power She-Ra was not part of the 2011 sub, therefore any figure variant, beast, vehicle...etc can be out of sub.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    NA He-Man is included in the sub, there are out of sub figures....no one said one of those can't be a variant, since Bubble Power She-Ra was not part of the 2011 sub, therefore any figure variant, beast, vehicle...etc can be out of sub.
    And this is how it should be done. Especially since the people with subscriptions have the ability to order before "Day-Of," they shouldn't get locked out because I'd imagine that they'd make AT LEAST the same amount as there are subscribers.

Heroic Warrior
    I think they might kill two birds with one stone and make Buzzsaw Hordak in Filmation colors. Since without the action feature he just has a buzzsaw in his chest sitting there, it makes sense that he would come with a new torso, new Hordak armor that when closed covers the full torso, and then paint him in the Filmation/Style guide/mini-comic colors. This also gives TG the out by saying Filmation Hordak is not planned right now.

That way people can use the full body armor on the old Hordak if they want to, or they can have Filmation Hordak doing his thang.

Of course, this doesn't please those who want Buzzsaw Hordak in vintage colors, but I'm not sure what to do about that.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by guy-dude View Post
    I think they might kill two birds with one stone and make Buzzsaw Hordak in Filmation colors. Since without the action feature he just has a buzzsaw in his chest sitting there, it makes sense that he would come with a new torso, new Hordak armor that when closed covers the full torso, and then paint him in the Filmation/Style guide/mini-comic colors. This also gives TG the out by saying Filmation Hordak is not planned right now.

That way people can use the full body armor on the old Hordak if they want to, or they can have Filmation Hordak doing his thang.

Of course, this doesn't please those who want Buzzsaw Hordak in vintage colors, but I'm not sure what to do about that.
    Good Idea !

I think that bow could be long to Calix. I mean, he probably would be more exp to tool than other figures--so maybe they would cut down on costs by just doing a repaint of the Hordak bow possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    I think that bow could be long to Calix. I mean, he probably would be more exp to tool than other figures--so maybe they would cut down on costs by just doing a repaint of the Hordak bow possibly?
    Initially I thought Calix as well, but I have a feeling Mantenna would be cheaper to manufacturer even given his four-leg requirement. Calix would be an entirely new mold, as far as I can tell; whereas Mantenna might be able to get away with just a hip/pelvis mod to accomodate the extra limbs. I know... sounds like very little, but I'm sure it's not that simple.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Initially I thought Calix as well, but I have a feeling Mantenna would be cheaper to manufacturer even given his four-leg requirement. Calix would be an entirely new mold, as far as I can tell; whereas Mantenna might be able to get away with just a hip/pelvis mod to accomodate the extra limbs. I know... sounds like very little, but I'm sure it's not that simple.
    You may be right, but they could possibly use the Ram Man buck for Calix? I know TG had stated that apparently RamMan was a completely unique tool that would never be used again, but it looks like it could be used for so many other figures (maybe even Calix).

As much as I wish it was him, Mantenna comes with a grey bow. Although they did change the color of Hordaks bow so, it could be anybody. I really hope it's not a filmation Hordak.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed