Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Quote Originally Posted by caine View Post
    It makes sense to me that this crossbow is Mantenna's. here's my logic....

1) Hordak classics came with the darker crossbow when he should have had white.
    2) Mantenna is in the original style guide and vintage artwork displayed with a white crossbow, yet as a kid i remember it being dark grey????? with my figure.
    3) Scott has answered questions on Mattycollector.com forums stating that when they get to Mantenna he'd have 4 separate legs and not 2. Usually, when a figure hasn't even been looked at he will say something along the lines of "Cool idea but nothing to announce right now", or "That is something we haven't spoken about yet". So THAT says to me says that Mantenna is in production already as Scott has said Mantenna will have 4 separate legs.
    4) If all I've guessed is correct, then it'd be the perfect cross sell - the same crossbow in different colours to swap between figs.....if you purchase Mantenna then you can give the white crossbow to hordak, and take hordak's dark crossbow and give it to Mantenna, to match the vontage toys.
    5) The explanation for the white crossbow not having a unique head sculpt fits this logic....especially if Mantenna is a fully tooled new figure and needs the $$$$$$$ to cover his unique legs sculpting. The money that would go into a new crossbow head has gone into the legs, so it makes sense to give Mantenna a cheaper repaint crossbow - and the justification to NOT change the head of the crossbow IS the corssover you can make with Hordak.

So there you have it....OR....I could be totally wrong and talking outta my butt:-) You decide!!!!!!
    I'm with you!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    Two more.

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/...ps13a2c4fe.jpg

http://i1046.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2e21a9de.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a fool for not taking more. Especially of the rest of the FF Men. They look really great!
    Granamyr looks amazing. Best christmas present ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Oh ok.. Thanks!

How'd you do at the 'Con?
    It was cool. I actually missed the Matty Panel because I am in rehearsal for a new show that opens Friday, and I had rehearsal on Saturday... I got to leave early but not early enough. It was great seeing that Grayskull blueprint up close though. It's going to be an AMAZING playset.

Netossa looks AWESOME in finished product mode lol. REALLY nice. Ram Man does too. Fang Man and Jitsu are great, and they were placed on a three part stand, which looked like an Olympic medal winner dais, the last 2 hours of the con on Sunday.

Not sure if anyone has pics of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Pic isn't loading for me. Who is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    ^ Me neither. I assume Hordak?
    Did you guys see it? It should be loading - it's the style guide image of Mantenna. It's in my "Misc." Album here.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    The 4H have been sculpting new crossbows for every new character. They are all unique. I can't see them giving the all white cross bow to a new character like Mantenna. BUT I could see it coming with the Horde Troopers (along with maybe a blaster and their tech staff) as a way to complete our original Hordak
    See, I think it could be an extra item they've put in with the Horde Troopers - if that's the $50 slot.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    So it looks like Snake Face will come with his staff now they it's displayed with him?
    Yes
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Widget
    I'm sorry, but how exactly could Buzzsaw Hordak's chest be used for Rio Blast? They would have to be two completely different sculpts. The actual torso would have to be completely sculpted to look like Rio Blast (the cowboy look) and they would have to work the opening chest into the sculpt. They could do this, since it's not an action feature, per se. It's an articulation point.

They could do the same for Buzzsaw Hordak, if they make him. But I don't see how the two chests are interchangeable. Hordak has a giant Horde symbol on his chest, and Rio Blast is wearing some kind of vest with the flap peeling back, and a sheriff's badge on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MintCondition View Post
    I'm sorry, but how exactly could Buzzsaw Hordak's chest be used for Rio Blast? They would have to be two completely different sculpts. The actual torso would have to be completely sculpted to look like Rio Blast (the cowboy look) and they would have to work the opening chest into the sculpt. They could do this, since it's not an action feature, per se. It's an articulation point.

They could do the same for Buzzsaw Hordak, if they make him. But I don't see how the two chests are interchangeable. Hordak has a giant Horde symbol on his chest, and Rio Blast is wearing some kind of vest with the flap peeling back, and a sheriff's badge on it.
    The only way it could work is if the part of the armor that attaches to the flap is a removable piece that slides in. So you could have the "chest opening" buck that has an extra piece that slides on the front for the different armors/clothes these guys use. That being said, I imagine if either one of these guys is done in a way to show this feature it might be more like they are doing SnakeFace with interchangeable parts that go on top of the current buck.

In any case, I can't say I ever saw the appeal of Buzz-saw Hordak visually once you lose the action feature.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would have guessed the white crossbow would go with a Filmation Hordak, but we are not getting another variant this year.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    It was cool. I actually missed the Matty Panel because I am in rehearsal for a new show that opens Friday, and I had rehearsal on Saturday... I got to leave early but not early enough. It was great seeing that Grayskull blueprint up close though. It's going to be an AMAZING playset.

Netossa looks AWESOME in finished product mode lol. REALLY nice. Ram Man does too. Fang Man and Jitsu are great, and they were placed on a three part stand, which looked like an Olympic medal winner dais, the last 2 hours of the con on Sunday.

Not sure if anyone has pics of that.

Did you guys see it? It should be loading - it's the style guide image of Mantenna. It's in my "Misc." Album here.

See, I think it could be an extra item they've put in with the Horde Troopers - if that's the $50 slot.

Yes
    I got shots of it on the org Facebook page as I shared the folder with them, please clip the pics and add them here (I've reached capacity)

I'm thinking it's the piece of Castle Grayskull that separate to allow the handle to attach????
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    If I remember correctly each crossbow had a different sculpt for each character. The white one that was featured I think is the same as Hordak's. The vintage Mantenna had a uniquely different one. As for Dragstor I can't remember.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Awesome reveals! Very much looking forward to NA He-Man & Clamp Champ! 2013 is shaping up to be a pretty solid year!
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

Well....

I don't think the white cross-bow is Mantenna's.... I'm going with the Troopers.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Well....

I don't think the white cross-bow is Mantenna's.... I'm going with the Troopers.
    What about Filmation Hordak? Since Hordak didn't get his white crossbow when released in MOTUC, I thought that it would come with a Hordak variant...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    What about Filmation Hordak? Since Hordak didn't get his white crossbow when released in MOTUC, I thought that it would come with a Hordak variant...
    It looks like we're only getting one variant next year, and that's New Adventures He-Man. Unless they make Hordak the SDCC exclusive, I don't think we'll see him in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    The only way it could work is if the part of the armor that attaches to the flap is a removable piece that slides in. So you could have the "chest opening" buck that has an extra piece that slides on the front for the different armors/clothes these guys use. That being said, I imagine if either one of these guys is done in a way to show this feature it might be more like they are doing SnakeFace with interchangeable parts that go on top of the current buck.

In any case, I can't say I ever saw the appeal of Buzz-saw Hordak visually once you lose the action feature.
    I would just assume that you would have snap on pieces kind of like Snake face has, pieces that clip onto the arms, chest & legs for Rio....and Buzzsaw would have 2 armors....or something, and just have saw blades hand held....

To be honest, I don't see the need for Buzzsaw Hordak, just make an armor and package it with a Filmation Hordak, or the next Hordesmen to come out, and have the armor be able to be used with the original Classics Hordak, but give him the Buzzsaw effect & buzzsaws. After all the closed armor is exactly the same as the original Hordak, I see no need for a second Identical Hordak figure with a new armor, unless it actually contains an action feature. At least for BA He-Man he got the flat ab piece and his body was painted silver, the BS Hordak would be identical to the original, other than a new armor, and saw blades.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    It looks like we're only getting one variant next year, and that's New Adventures He-Man. Unless they make Hordak the SDCC exclusive, I don't think we'll see him in 2013.
    There are also going to be items outside the sub next year. He could be one of those.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I'm hoping the SDCC exclusive is a set of figures not just one. It would be good to knock out some extra characters with the bigger budget that slot offers.

Ok, looked through the thread, where are these "tired Castle Grayskull Stands" that were shown at NYCC?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

It was great to go to NYCC... I travelled all the way from Australia Long way to go, but worth it!

The reveals were great... and it was nice to see Ram Man in person!
    Now Showing
    Tung Lashor
    Coming Attractions
    Gwildor

I have not noticed any pictures of new stands that Scott has mentioned somewhere... were they only revealed without any pictures or display? Or have I misunderstood something?