Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: NYCC - News, Reveals, Pics ....

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I looked at the pictures and beside poor Karatti who lost his pants, i noticed some other things:

Dawg-O-Tor, the Talon Fighter pilot, misses his yellow see through visor?

Why does Netossas blister card sticker says "Princess of Powers"? I thought they decided to make them Great Rebellion and from now on use that fraction sticker?

Or and here comes a conspiracy theory, they plan on 13 Rebellion members and one XL size for the Swiftwind blister card as there are 13 small sized stickers on the sheet and one larger one and for those who want to stick with PRINCESS OF POWERS can do so the rest can change them and since there has been five Rebel characters, one three pack and one announced it would leave six more spots?
    They are leaving them all with POP stickers for continuity's sake and the people who prefer this sticker. It is pretty simple to put another sticker sheet out again as a pack in when they exceed 13.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    I dont mind if his real name is Krass.... Cross..... Crash.... Trash OR whatever !

All I want is Ram Man & thats IT !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    I dont mind if his real name is Krass.... Cross..... Crash.... Trash OR whatever !

All I want is Ram Man & thats IT !
    I agree, as long as we get Ram Man, god bless mattel! Black Plastic and all! lol

Wow, we're already getting a New Adventures variant? FLASHER KARATTI

"I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Who is this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Who is this guy?
    Vega, from the Street Fighter II games.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Thanx, I could not pull up his name to search for him.

did anyone else notice that lil bit snuck onto the Great Rebellion sticker sheet that has started arriving with Frosta?

Time Agents Faction...

Seriously, why?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1349989508.jpg

nope. exploding crotch Karatti.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    did anyone else notice that lil bit snuck onto the Great Rebellion sticker sheet that has started arriving with Frosta?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171319.jpg

Time Agents Faction...

Seriously, why?
    I don't like that the faction sticker doesn't incorporate the spade design which Scott said is their logo.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    nope. exploding crotch Karatti.
    Is he related to the Goddess, damn I didn't know they had his bio done yet....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I don't like that the faction sticker doesn't incorporate the spade design which Scott said is their logo.
    ..yup.. isnt that funny... that it being there...

SYM-BOL

...would be on there...

LO-GO

...thus there...

SYM-BOL

...would be on there...

STIC-KER

...and not some other random image, to show who they are.
    Last edited by Replikor; October 12, 2012 at 10:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Is the hoverboard different than the prototype?
    Check out this "Ask Matty" post which compares the NYCC version with the original Toy Fair version and highlights issues in detail:

shocking NYCC pics

having seen the NYCC hoverboard pics, i have to say that the hoverboard looks shockingly bad. Did you take any measurements, notes or anything from the original props at all?! You said the final version wil be shown at NYCC, is this now the actual final version? as seen here from NYCC:

To get orders you promised this would be accurate, which it obviously isn't (graphics badly done, footpad wrong, footstrap wrong, edges rounded instead of angled, green stripes the wrong colour, recesses where velcro is etc). Are you going to tell us now that this one isn't the final version either? How can you guys get this so wrong when you've physically had props in front of you to copy off? If you were going to draw the graphics from scratch, why didn't you atleast take some notes from the ones that other users have posted? as they are a lot better than your version.

Can you post pics of the underneath too so i can see if you've got that bit right? I assume you took moulds from the original props you had?

also, on your first version you got the bevel on the edges looking good (angled, not rounded), why has the final version been changed to be more inaccurate? the edges on this version look better:

I've got 2 on pre-order, if the NYCC version is the final version, how do i cancel my orders?
    EDIT: Oh and to make sure that Mattel figuratively hang themselves by the amount of rope they've taken- here's this pic from a promotional poster they had for it at the beginning of the year:

EDIT 2: And here's the poster in its entirety:

Last edited by bowspearer; October 12, 2012 at 10:50pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Is he related to the Goddess, damn I didn't know they had his bio done yet....

No he's not. They both just happen to be afflicted with the same disease.

Love the Time Agents sticker! LOL. Very fun.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    Time Agents Faction...
    Seriously, why?
    This will be the next sticker sheet!

Indeed there is the spade design if you look better!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Well, unless there's something I've missed, we're never given a clear timeframe on how long passes between the first scene of "The Beginning" and the rest. I could see it being anywhere from 10 to 20 years. Season 2 complicates things because some material suggests that the Great Unrest happens after Keldor's uprising, and other material that it leads up to it.
    Looks like they pretty much leave it at 'many years ago...' From my viewings, it REALLY didn't seem like Adam knew ANYTHING about Keldor... or that he was his uncle or anything. Nor did it seem like he was born anything but a Prince. I just... have a hard time picture Adam age 6-7 when Randor became king. He acts like it's just 'who he is'...

They may have planned it differently, but I always placed the gap of near the 20 year mark myself.

Which... honestly is my OTHER problem with the MYP origin story...

On the good guy side... He-man is not the leader. He's the rookie.

On the Bad guy side... HOW did Skeletor keep LOYALTY with his minions??!?!? Evil Lyn betrayed him TONS of time in the year after the wall fell.... why didn't she do that BEFORE?!?!

Why didnt' Skeletor KILL some these guys??? They seemed to annoy him to no end... I have a HARD time believing that Clawful and Beastman survived 20 years in Snake mountain with nothing to amuse Skeletor but blasting idiots

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I think the name KRASS is fine seeing as how Eternia would obviously have a completely different language than anything from Earth. KRASS could simply be the Eternian version of Gregory, Stanley, or Vincent.

But, as a guy who pays practically no attention to the bios, I guess it's really easy for me to say that.
    This. Pointing out what each word means in a multitude of different languages is just over nitpicking. The only real question is, 'Can you imagine a fantasy character with the name of Krass?'

I can.

I've been playing fantasy rpgs for years, and as far as 'character names' go.... That's not bad. MUCH more 'fantasy sounding' than Evelyn, Adam or Duncan....

Okay.. so Scott is actually expanding the Spector thing to an actual faction? This guy has star seeds of steel!

Good for a laugh though!
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    On the Bad guy side... HOW did Skeletor keep LOYALTY with his minions??!?!?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar

I, too, thought Aunt Vivian from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when reading Netossa's bio! I like her bio, but I REALLY wanted them to mention Spinnerella. She called her sister in the cartoon! I can't believe they didn't mention her at all. Maybe in Spinnerella's bio. I mean, Spinnerella almost killed everyone because she thought the Rebels kidnapped Netossa.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Which... honestly is my OTHER problem with the MYP origin story...

On the good guy side... He-man is not the leader. He's the rookie.
    The only really rookie move that they played with him was diving in after a falling Randor without a way back up. Otherwise, Buzz-Off was the newbie. He-Man was the MVP of the Masters in that show. MAA might have been the leader, but He-Man was usually the guy who did all of the literal heavy lifting to defeat enemies.

On the Bad guy side... HOW did Skeletor keep LOYALTY with his minions??!?!? Evil Lyn betrayed him TONS of time in the year after the wall fell.... why didn't she do that BEFORE?!?!
    The Evil Warriors were the winning team...just before He-Man showed up. That's why I say that he was the MVP of the good guys. The Evil Wariors were kicking their asses without Skeletor or Beast Man being there. He-Man might have just gotten his powers, but he bailed everyone out of their jams. After He-Man kept beating Skeletor, Lyn probably wanted to change up to someone else -- hence, freeing King Hsss and when that didn't work, Hordak.

Why didnt' Skeletor KILL some these guys??? They seemed to annoy him to no end... I have a HARD time believing that Clawful and Beastman survived 20 years in Snake mountain with nothing to amuse Skeletor but blasting idiots
    Versus Filmation Clawful telling Skeletor to his face that he's going to take over his team someday? Or Evil Warriors routinely mocking him and calling him "Bone Brain" of "Bone Face"? MYP Skeletor wouldn't have tolerated that.

He told the Council of Evil that although he betrayed his Evil Warriors, he liked them. So that's probably why he doesn't kill them off.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 12, 2012 at 11:52pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post

http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/...1349989508.jpg

Nice, I will definitely be purchasing this variant....

- - - Updated - - -

Resampled952012-10-129515-36-4795867.jpg

Now the only question is.....

Is she this Vivian

Actress-Janet-Hubert-Fresh-Prince.jpg

Or this one

aunt-viv-2.jpeg

Skeletor was quite the sadist in the 200X cartoon. That was amazingly dark for a cartoon meant to sell toys to children. Yes, there are plenty of maturely themed animated shows out there with more violence and death, but just the idea that Skeletor routinely abused and tortured his warriors physically (and maybe even mentally and emotionally) to keep them loyal or too afraid to betray or abandon him, is very unsettling. Add in Skeletor and Evil-Lyn's new romantic angle in the MYP fiction, and the implications become quite disturbing.

Although, Galvatron did enjoy shooting his own Decepticon troops for a laugh and The Joker was quite obviously abusive to Harley Quinn, they were notably (criminally) insane. Somehow, MYP Skeletor's "friendly fire" comes off as much more malicious.

And back on topic, those bios aren't too bad. I fully approve of Ram Man and Netossa remaining alive for now, at least! The "real names" stopped bothering me a long time ago. Krass even seems to fit a big bull of a guy like Ram Man. I can see him sitting around the Masters' quaters in Eternos Palace, pounding back steins of beer and belching as loudly as he can muster.
    Wolfman Jake

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The only really rookie move that they played with him was diving in after a falling Randor without a way back up. Otherwise, Buzz-Off was the newbie. He-Man was the MVP of the Masters in that show. MAA might have been the leader, but He-Man was usually the guy who did all of the literal heavy lifting to defeat enemies.

The Evil Warriors were the winning team...just before He-Man showed up. That's why I say that he was the MVP of the good guys. The Evil Wariors were kicking their asses without Skeletor or Beast Man being there. He-Man might have just gotten his powers, but he bailed everyone out of their jams. After He-Man kept beating Skeletor, Lyn probably wanted to change up to someone else -- hence, freeing King Hsss and when that didn't work, Hordak.

Versus Filmation Clawful telling Skeletor to his face that he's going to take over his team someday? Or Evil Warriors routinely mocking him and calling him "Bone Brain" of "Bone Face"? MYP Skeletor wouldn't have tolerated that.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../skeletor4.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../skeletor2.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../skeletor7.jpg

He told the Council of Evil that although he betrayed his Evil Warriors, he liked them. So that's probably why he doesn't kill them off.
    Skeletor on his throne is so BA. That cartoon is what helped shape my ridiculous loyalty to this property and it still p#+ses me off that it was canceled. I hope we get a new cartoon,or Webisodes, or dvd movie, or anything in animated form that is half as good as that show was IMO.

That is quite possibly the best post I have ever seen on this forum. Nicely done.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook