Thread: Dolph Lundgren: The Most Beautiful Man In The Universe

Dolph Lundgren: The Most Beautiful Man In The Universe

Dolph Lundgren has always been one of my favorite Hollywood hunks, and action heroes. Born November 3, 1957, he is of Swedish descent, and is an accomplished actor, director, and martial artist. He belongs to a generation of film actors who epitomize the movie action hero stereotype including Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Steven Seagal, and Jean-Claude Van Damme. Most of you probably only know him as He-Man.

A graduate in chemistry from Washington State University, chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm and the University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia in 1982, Lundgren holds a rank of 3rd dan black belt in Kyokushin Karate and was European champion in 1980 and 1981. His film credits include a breakthrough in Rocky IV in 1985 as the imposing Russian boxer Ivan Drago. Masters of the Universe, The Punisher. Showdown in Little Tokyo, Universal Soldier, Johnny Mnemonic. He later went onto direct The Mechanik (2005), Missionary Man (2007), Command Performance (2009), and Icarus (2010), in which he also starred. After a long spell performing in direct-to-video films, 2010 marked his return to theatres with The Expendables and its sequel. Well known for his tall stature and level of fitness, at peak, Lundgren stood around 195 centimeters (6 ft 5 in) and weighed 250 pounds (110 kg), and continues to be an influence in the world of fitness and bodybuilding.

Though he often plays brutish, cold, violent men, off camera Dolph is a intelligent, well spoken, with a positive outlook on life. He exercises and meditates daily. He encourages people to take care of their bodies and their minds on a day to day basis, and preaches a lifestyle of healthy moderation and exercise as key. Dolph has managed to avoid the kind of celebrity scandal, and even considered running for office in Sweden, however chose not to, as his wife suggested otherwise.

My love for Dolph comes mainly from his portrayal as He-Man, though some would argue there may have been better choices, I feel he filled the flawlessly role, and did our beloved hero justice. Given the poor reception of the film, and the problems it faced, Dolph remained optimistic, and without ego, he still speaks positively about the role. He is without a doubt, the coolest 80s action hero (or villain), and the closest thing I have to a celebrity idol.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 14, 2012 at 09:30pm.

Not sure about the most beautiful, but in his hayday he definitely had a better mug than Arnold, Sly, Chuck, and all those other action stars. Could you imagine anyone of those other 80's action stars as He-man, I think I'm going to have nightmares. Hopefully, they will find someone as great as Dolph to fill He-man's shoes when the new movie gets filmed. I almost threw up when people were throwing HHH and the Rock's names around to star as our favorite hero. They MUST cast Dolph as King Randor and Courtney as Queen Marlena.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I've always been impressed by how much of a Renaissance man Lundgren is.

No more love for Dolph? This is disappointing.

Perhaps the title of the thread should have been more hetero-centric.

Okay, lets talk about Dolph Lundgren: The Crazy Gun Toting Action Hero Chick Magnet Swedish Meat Train