Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Dekker Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Dekker Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys!

The Dekker review is ready for viewing! Enjoy!

Any questions, feel free to ask!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Great work as always Dan ! keep it up!

I actually really like the figure. Also the Fwoosh posed him with the green Clawful shield from the weapons pack and looked pretty awesome.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I always buy an extra figure to display the alternate heads, but I don't know if I can for this guy. I'm just not overly excited about this guy. He'll join the others, but I think only as old man dekker. Another great review though Dan.

Dekker?! I hardly know her! Okay, sorry. Had to do it.

If I can get ahold of another loose PG figure with armor, I'll put his younger head on that and have him alonside my younger Duncan as a Palace Guard. He'll be a neat addition to my shelves. Now I gotta figure out who he'll be battling since I already have Cawful vs. Fisto.
    From my youth and hometown when I was a kid...He-Matt and the Masters of the Kunaverse!

My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=214152
    My customs thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=215292
    My B/S/T thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ings-For-Sale!

Of all the 200X characters I want, Dekker was at the bottom of the list. Not overly excited for him.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Great review Dan!

I think I am in the minority but I love the Dekker character and can't wait to get this figure. Mattel and the 4H did a really great job on the figure.
    Last edited by Bonehead; October 22, 2012 at 02:13am. Reason: Whoops! Spell check!

I was just thinking it might be cool to see what Dekker looked like with Eternos Randor's robe on for his younger look. Might be a neat was of differentiating it more if you don't like the idea of him wearing the same outfit for 20 years.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior
    Trying to think of what other pieces/armor would work well on young Dekker. Kinda wondering how he'd look with Tri-Klops armor.

I'm very happy to get this figure. Seeing as how he was only in one episode, it was quite a surprise to see him turn up.

I know a lot of folks think he's boring looking, but he's actually very unique. He just has a really cool look to him that's part pirate, part medieval warrior. I love it!
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

awesome review dan . I do have one question where did you get the awesome skeletor Rorschach shirt?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Of all the 200X characters I want, Dekker was at the bottom of the list. Not overly excited for him.
    I agree, Prahvus, Ceratus, Dactys, Snake Armor He-Man, and many others that I would rather have than Dekker. Wow I sound like part of the negative crowd for November In November I'm looking forward the most to Grayskullman.

I was hoping this line would get a Dekker figure, but now that he's here?

I just feel like he's missing a certain something. I never realized how boring his outfit is.

All that new tooling wasted on such a boring character.

Seems like an okay figure, but I wish they hand't blown the tooling on the younger head. Almost anything could have been better. A second weapon, or some cool item to go with another figure. Even just another tech-mace in Snake Man-at-arms colors would have been better.

Heroic Warrior
    Great preview, Dan !

You forgot to address one important point, though : does Dekker suffer from the black plastic morbo syndrome ?

OK. At first, Dekker was a character I was unimpressed with. Quite boring looking, to be honest.

But when I saw him during SDCC, I thought the 4 Horsemen had done a wonderful job, and I was willing to buy him IF he was made properly.

Now that I saw the preview, I must say I'm really disappointed.

First, Dekker has that "skirt", which doesn't have any slit. This means that his legs movements will be severely hindered. A very bad point in my book.

Then, there's his new armor, which prevents the abs articulation to be used ! More articulation limitation = less chances for me to buy him.

Also, the ankles articulation doesn't seem to be very good. It was "just OK" on Dan's version, but what will it be like on the rest of the production ?

Finally, there's that soft "chewing gum" mace once again ! Too soft for my taste, anyway.

All in all, yes, Dekker LOOKS great (like the vast majority of the MOTUC figures), but that's all he has. Is he worth the money I'd have to pay for him ? The answer is a resounding "NO". That's a shame, because his older face is splendid, and he COULD have been a great figure.

I guess all I have left for November is Castle Grayskull Man... Dekker and Eternos Palace King Randor are figures I won't buy. Let's now see how Castle Grayskull Man will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Let's now see how Castle Grayskull Man will do.
    Oh, I'm sure you'll find a reason to declare that you're not buying him.

As for Dekker: looks great, can't wait. A very welcome addition to the MYP group, and my collection. If I could only pick ONE figure to get for the rest of the year, Dekker would be it. =)

Heroic Warrior
    The figure looks good, not a very interesting character for me, think I'll use his second head for a Palace Guard, if I buy him...

- - - Updated - - -

The figure looks good, not a very interesting character for me, think I'll use his second head for a Palace Guard, if I buy him...

Heroic Warrior
    Don't ASSUME a thing. I feel that Castle Grayskull Man might be a figure that will please me and satisfy my demands. And it's not like I don't buy an item just for the pleasure of not buying it. I'm entitled to have my criterias, and to express my opinion about these figures. When something is awesome, I'll write it. When something is crappy to me, I'll write it also. End of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    You are correct.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

He looks pretty good, just not all that into this character.

Thanks Dan!!! I think now I am looking forward to him!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Heroic Warrior
    It's nice to get some new characters of color for this line. I'm probably going to stick old Decker head on Snake MAn-at-Arms body when I get him.

Dekker was/is not high on my priority list, I wished they would have waited until later in the line to release him. I'll add him to my collection but sadly even Dan's video can not get me excited for this figure.

Rio would have been a better choice!!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I really have no interest in one appearance characters....but if I had to have a few of the more wanted then I'd go for Strong Arm or
    Shokoti, someone like that from Filmation. Dekker as a 200X only character holds no interest to me at all, as I don't care for 200X....

Now that aside, he is a nice looking figure, but character wise, I have no need or use for him, in my story MAA already has a mentor.

The video did make me like the figure just a little, but being this line is character and story driven, I follow mostly Filmation, and Dekker
    doesn't even exist in my MOTU story....and since I only collect the figures I absolutely love regardless of story, and the figures that are
    directly tied to my past love of MOTU, and once existed in my collection as a kid....Dekker is an easy pass.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 22, 2012 at 01:56pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!