Thread: Horde Crossbow For Catra?

Horde Crossbow For Catra?

Am I the only one that really wants to see a Horde crossbow done for Catra?
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

I thought about it after seeing Octavia with hers at Power-Con.

I think this would be cool for the next weapons pack.

I think it would be cool, but it was never sculpted when she was first made, and we aren't getting anything that wasn't sculpted before, so its highly unlikely we will get one.

I'm not against it but I don't think every member of the Horde needs one.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I wouldn't mind one at all. But Shadow Weaver might need one as well.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I wouldn't be upset if one came out, but my Catra has her hands full. I probably wouldn't use it anyways.

J

Heroic Warrior
    It would be great, but it seems unlikely.

It would be nice to pose Catra with something a little more threatening. While I like the sword and shield, I don't understand why they're both pink instead of red or purple. Sure, the original accessories were pink, but that's because the action figure had a pink bodice, etc so they "matched". I don't find Catra in the red Filmation outfit very aesthetically pleasing when wielding the pink accessories.

For the moment, I'm happy with Catra wielding the gun/pistol that came with BG Teela, but a cross-bow (or Beast-Man's whip in silver) would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I think it would be cool, but it was never sculpted when she was first made, and we aren't getting anything that wasn't sculpted before, so its highly unlikely we will get one.
    Keldor's 200X Swords?
    MAA's 200X canon?

Neither existed when the figure was created....

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It would be great, but it seems unlikely.

It would be nice to pose Catra with something a little more threatening. While I like the sword and shield, I don't understand why they're both pink instead of red or purple. Sure, the original accessories were pink, but that's because the action figure had a pink bodice, etc so they "matched". I don't find Catra in the red Filmation outfit very aesthetically pleasing when wielding the pink accessories.

For the moment, I'm happy with Catra wielding the gun/pistol that came with BG Teela, but a cross-bow (or Beast-Man's whip in silver) would be great.
    You don't think the fact Catra can literally whip your ass, then comb your hair with the same whip to make your beaten body look prrrrty when they find you is threatening?
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; October 23, 2012 at 01:42am.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

If its Catra she won't be part of the sub. There is only one variant this year.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    I actually tried using the crossbow that came with my Buffy figure for Catra because it didnt feel right her being the only Horde person without one, and it semed to work ok for her. Granted she could use her own specially designed one though like the others, but maybe if we ever see a Catra variant.

I agree I would like one but then we need one for Shado Weaver and Mosquitor. Plus Modulok and Multi-Bot originally didn't have one.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I gave her the crossbow-type weapon that came with the 200x Castle Grayskull. I know it's not an 'official' Horde weapon, but she wears it well.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I agree I would like one but then we need one for Shado Weaver and Mosquitor. Plus Modulok and Multi-Bot originally didn't have one.
    Well, Modulok was (both in toy line and in canon) a latecomer to the Horde's ranks, and Mosquitor and Multi-Bot are more lackeys. I prefer my theory that the crossbow is sort of an 'officer's' weapon. Catra should have one (I think she'd probably look good with one), arguably Scorpia. Shadow Weaver would theoretically be eligible for one, but she disdains such crude implements.

Catra needs one because her weapons are not all that great. Imagine a crossbow with a feline-themed head, it would be cool.
    I don't think the others mentioned need them, but Catra would benefit from it greatly.

A purrfect accessory for toy line Catra.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Well, Modulok was (both in toy line and in canon) a latecomer to the Horde's ranks, and Mosquitor and Multi-Bot are more lackeys. I prefer my theory that the crossbow is sort of an 'officer's' weapon. Catra should have one (I think she'd probably look good with one), arguably Scorpia. Shadow Weaver would theoretically be eligible for one, but she disdains such crude implements.
    I like the idea that the lackeys wouldnt get one. I dont think Shadow Weaver would need one cause how often does she get in a fight that her magic cant handle?

I also think if they ever get to Double Trouble she would need a version of the crossbow. Being a spy and all, she needs to fit in!
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

If it fits, you could always use the silver one that came with the 1st weapons pak with 1 of your non-crossbowed Horde figures.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    Am I the only one that really wants to see a Horde crossbow done for Catra?
    I would like this and a non-comb version of her whip!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    A purrfect accessory for toy line Catra.
    I agree completely Tally.......

Thank you for joining the Horde. Here is your Horde patch and your crossbow! Keep moving. I think it would be pretty cool to keep the theme going. Shadow Weaver could have a spell caster, like Chewbacca's bow caster.

Count me in. I'm not a big fan of her sword and I don't display her with it. I would love to see a crossbow made for Catra
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidSummers View Post
    Count me in. I'm not a big fan of her sword and I don't display her with it. I would love to see a crossbow made for Catra
    I agree, the cross-bow would be much cooler than a cat sword...in my opinion...don't hate me...

Eh, I don't need one. Would be neat to see, but I probably wouldn't end up using it. I see Catra as a usurped warlord. Seems like she was pretty powerful in the minicomics, so Hordak probably defeated her and forced her into working for the Horde...well, "forced" as in she either worked for the Horde or would be executed. Anyway, I don't think she would lower herself to using any of the Horde standards and would rather just keep to her own methods.

...er, in my own personal story, anyway.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A crossbow for Catra is a great idea!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!