Thread: Mini Comic Issue 4 - Sneak Peaks (SPOILERS)

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar

Mini Comic Issue 4 - Sneak Peaks (SPOILERS)

Spoiler Alert....

I hope DEMO-MAN makes an appearence in this (I'm sure he will!)

[EDIT: Duh!!! of course he does, I've just seen him in the panel directly above this comment! Duh!! ;P )

[EDIT 2: This also raises some interesting questions in regards to how much Hordak actually knows about Keldor. Back in Pre-Ternia, Hordak would have "briefly" seen Skeletor during the 1st Ultimate Battleground...and then eons later, when he recruits Keldor do you think he has his suspicions about Keldor's fate...or do you think he doesn't connect the pieces?)
    Last edited by MISSILE-TOE; October 11, 2012 at 11:36am.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

This looks like its going to be awesome. Can't wait to see it.

Oh damn, they keep going with Skeletor having a floating head...
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Is that King Miro and Prince Randor on the first page? If so, I thought that Randor was a woman at first. Oops!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Is that King Miro and Prince Randor on the first page? If so, I thought that Randor was a woman at first. Oops!
    OMG! I too thought it may have been A YOUNG woman. I had to look closer thinking, "why would a young Marlena be there...OH WAIT!" lol.

The artist definately wanted Randor to look meek and scrawny(poor lil brudder). Probably to REALLY show that he had no way of saving his brother from the evil grasp of Hordak. Orrrrr something.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    OMG! I too thought it may have been A YOUNG woman. I had to look closer thinking, "why would a young Marlena be there...OH WAIT!" lol.

The artist definately wanted Randor to look meek and scrawny(poor lil brudder). Probably to REALLY show that he had no way of saving his brother from the evil grasp of Hordak. Orrrrr something.
    I thought the exact same thing, too. Why wouldn't Marlena be in her regular royal garb and instead be in this weird red armor. Then it dawned on me. It was a just a weird and different interpretation of Randor for me.

I should add that the long hair and the relatively thin arms threw me off.

I'm hoping we see more than just Demo-man's face in this issue.

RED TRANSLUCID HORDAK IS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'd love a red translucid Hordak in MOTUC.... I have to ask my customizer friends !

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    I've never liked that. I much prefer that he has skin and even a bit of hair on the back of his head and neck and it's just his face all burnt away.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought that was supposed to be Randors mother?

That looks absolutely amazing!!
    If only the DC comics were all like this...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I'm hoping we see more than just Demo-man's face in this issue.
    pervert

-----------------

EDIT - If we see some Hordak type plot points...hopefully we'll see some Hordak/Horde Prime banter too

Based on the fact that they've managed to squeeze the entire MYP Keldor narrative into 1 single page, we should cover a lot of ground in the entire 12 pages
    MOTUC WISH LIST

Snappy Threader
    Haha me too. I had to look at it a few more times to figure it out. Looks amazing though....

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I thought that was supposed to be Randors mother?
    I'm not sure. A few panels down, we can plainly see Randor. If this is the same person as in the first panel, I don't know. As I said before, the ambiguous person in the first panel seemed too feminine to be Randor at first glance.

I'm not sure. A few panels down, we can plainly see Randor. If this is the same person as in the first panel, I don't know. As I said before, the ambiguous person in the first panel seemed too feminine to be Randor at first glance.
    Nah, it is Randor.

When we first saw this artwork (for the cover) at SDCC, I thought it was a woman too...but people pointed out it's just a young Randor. I think the clothes that he is wearing, with the gold armor on top, looks a little like a low-cut top, and without his beard, and long hair, he does look a bit femine.

The top-most image is the cover, and seems to depict an earlier time than the next two pages, as Keldor doesn't have his trademarked goatee and moustache yet either...
    MOTUC WISH LIST

I think I am used to looking at very different women than many others here. Those legs look feminine? He looks over built for an adolescent sure, but even with him having long hair (and the women on Eternia being typically strong) he doesn't look like a girl to me.

Randor and Keldor in the cover appear to be much younger (smaller, no facial hair) than they are at the time of their final fight when Keldor was burned by the acid. Either it's not a linear narrative, or these aren't the first few chronological pages of the book.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

So cool! I'm really anticipating this mini comic. Hordak looks great all red like that in his astral form. I too hope we see more of Demo-Man and how Hordak managed to capture his essence/spirit way before merging it with Keldor.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior
    The artwork has been good for these minicomics, so it's a shame that these dramatic pictures end up compressed so much. Wouldn't it have been better to keep the scale bigger and have a few more pages? As for the size of the text...
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Looks great, thanks for posting. But that last page seems to cover a lot in just one page so I hope the text boxes tie the panels together better.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    This looks to be the best of the mini-comics...I can't wait!

That said, I agree. I always liked the rotting flesh/walking corpse Skeletor better. It made the modifications to become Laser & NA Skeletor seemingly more necessary & feasible.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz