Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #3 - DC Comics - SPOILERS

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

He-Man & The Masters of the Universe #3 - DC Comics - SPOILERS

No SPOILER tags needed since this is the discussion thread!

Issue #3...

• I loved Adam and Teela's banter!
    • Seafarer Blonde Teela--Nice!!!!
    • Zoar is an illusion?
    • Skeletor is force feeding the Sorceress for his own amusement.
    • Skeletor originally thought that the power came from the Sword, not from Grayskull.
    • Mer-Man is pretty eloquent and competent in this version.
    • Hey...No Squiddish Rex name drop when he formally introduced himself...
    • The captain notes that Teela is well trained as a warrior; she even spotted that they were being followed.
    • Mer-Man manipulates water--he's extremely powerful!
    • So...the Evil Warriors know who Adam really is!
    • Where's Stratos and Evil-Lyn?

Discuss!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 17, 2012 at 03:35pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    More crap.

The "issue" was a fight scene that went too long.

And the "art" is still abysmal.

We have members here on the Org that would have a hard time producing such slop, even if they tried. Mattel/DC/whomever...there are TONS of great artists looking for work, and you shackle us with this garbage?

Terrible, just terrible.

I keep buying these things, hoping they'll get better. Foolish on my part...I'm rewarding DC for producing poorly-rendered pap, why should they try to do better?
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I liked it a lot better than the first two issues. This is the most intelligent and well-spoken Mer-Man we've ever seen! Similar to the new Trap Jaw.
    I liked the atmosphere--the ocean setting. Some of it, esp the battle, reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean, which is right up my alley.
    Digging the Teela look, I'm sure it will still induce rage amongst certain fans, but whatever.

However, once again we see He-Man on the cover, yet he's not even in the book, lol.

Are the print comics and digital comics supposed to be the same "version" or universe? Or are the independent of one another?
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Are the print comics and digital comics supposed to be the same "version" or universe? Or are the independent of one another?
    Every He-Man story is in the exact same universe. Contradictions are explained by extremely useful nanites.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by illicitjedi View Post
    Same universe. The digital comics are like an anthology of short stories around this particular canon.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

I REALLY liked this one but I was wondering where Stratos and Evil Lyn were too.....maybe the next one or the next digital short? Mer-man was awesome. It's nice to have strong, competent, and powerful villians. I also liked the dialog in this one alot. I'm hoping this series lasts longer than 6 issues (well and the two one shots!)

Question. Why does it say "Pre-Order Digital Comic" on Comixology if this issue is available today?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Without giving anything away: I found the Sorceress in her condition to be very disturbing.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

REALLY liked this issue A LOT! The first one I gave a pass on because it was set up (and because I just really wanted it to be good and was kinda in denial), the second really bored me and made me start to lose hope, but this one has renewed my hope. Enjoyed the heck outta Mer-Man and Skeletor and almost all of the dialogue, however, again, this art ain't too great, and I'm really not digging the redesigns. Mer-Man, any version of his head, is great and intricate and interesting, so there's really NO need to come up with something new when there's already so much great to choose from. And I think I was particularly disappointed by his face since the cover looks rather Filmation-esque, my favorite (and before anyone throws a freakin' hissy-fit JUST because it's based on Filmation does NOT mean it would have to be dull and boring; detail can be added nicely without us Filmation purists crying about it--in fact we usually praise it).
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Question. Why does it say "Pre-Order Digital Comic" on Comixology if this issue is available today?

Yes, I'm wondering the same thing. Is the print copy available?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Without giving anything away: I found the Sorceress in her condition to be very disturbing.
    She's still wearing that very revealling dress?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Yeah, she is ... but it's more the physical condition she's in
    You can see it in the preview pages

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Yeah. but imagine it BATTLE DAMAGED!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah. but imagine it BATTLE DAMAGED!
    Along with a blank expression vacant eyesvery very gaunt looking, like near death or overly tramitized.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

YES! And I really dig it!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    More crap.

The "issue" was a fight scene that went too long.

And the "art" is still abysmal.

We have members here on the Org that would have a hard time producing such slop, even if they tried. Mattel/DC/whomever...there are TONS of great artists looking for work, and you shackle us with this garbage?

Terrible, just terrible.

I keep buying these things, hoping they'll get better. Foolish on my part...I'm rewarding DC for producing poorly-rendered pap, why should they try to do better?
    I'm afraid I have to agree. I'm only still reading because I have an emotional attachment to the characters. Honestly, if it was the exact same comic but with all new characters replacing the existing ones, it would be unreadable.

And we're halfway done and its been all set-up.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I enjoyed it! Best issue so far. Nice to see a different take on Mer-Man. Also the Skeletor and Sorceress scene was cool.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm only still reading because I have an emotional attachment to the characters. Honestly, if it was the exact same comic but with all new characters replacing the existing ones, it would be unreadable.
    This.

Also - I'm afraid of missing something good.

But I doubt I will.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I'm only still reading because I have an emotional attachment to the characters. Honestly, if it was the exact same comic but with all new characters replacing the existing ones, it would be unreadable.

Same here we bought all three issues paged through them, haven't read them, just bought them cause of the connection. And from the condition of the Sorceress it looks like she's had it rougher than Wily Kit and kat in the thundercats revival sadly, I think she will be abused more or outright killed.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

I understand what you're saying. But I'm pretty sure that most comic stories would be unreadable if the characters they're about were replaced with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    It's changed to available
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I understand what you're saying. But I'm pretty sure that most comic stories would be unreadable if the characters they're about were replaced with someone else.
    Not at all. Look at Watchmen as one example. Or Alan Moore's work on Supreme. A lot of "creator owned" comics started as an idea for an established character.

Characters don't make stories, stories make characters.

But really what I'm saying is if I had no idea who He-Man or any of the MOTU characters were and I read these comics, I wouldn't have even bought the 2nd issue. I'm only reading them because of a near 30 year affinity for the characters (and because they've had so little published material over the decades). Not for anything that's actually happening between the covers.

Not at all. Look at Watchmen as one example. Or Alan Moore's work on Supreme. A lot of "creator owned" comics started as an idea for an established character.

Characters don't make stories, stories make characters.

But really what I'm saying is if I had no idea who He-Man or any of the MOTU characters were and I read these comics, I wouldn't have even bought the 2nd issue. I'm only reading them because of a near 30 year affinity for the characters (and because they've had so little published material over the decades). Not for anything that's actually happening between the covers.
    Yeah, that's why I didn't say "all", lol. I had Alan Moore in mind, for instance.
    Again, I understand what you're saying and agree with your thoughts on the first issue. I do like this one though. It's some motu fun on the high seas. I'll probably be disappointed when they go back on land.

Considering there's been nothing but those aweful "bios" for the past 10 years, they could have re-told the old story that most of us love.