Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 51

Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

UPS just dropped off my gigantic box of matty sub items for October. Black Lion is huge!

Nothing unexpected so I will post pictures shortly, any requests?

My Frosta has reversed forearms, wheres the tutorial to fix this? Another problem that everyone could have is that the mine didn't seem that the plastic she was put in was long enough at the arms, both of her hands are mushed into bad looking fists.

J

Frosta (opened her right away)

Hands

Cy-Chop

Rattlor

sticker sheet

Last edited by bigsexy_j; October 12, 2012 at 06:39pm.

Heroic Warrior
    What was the free gift?
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    What was the free gift?
    This won't be showing up until mid-2013... according to Scott.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Oh man I didn't know we were gettin' a Time Agents sticker! I'm gona have to find a place to put that one.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yep...I'm definitely heating and popping those bad boys. Heat the joint where the shoulders meet the biceps. Heat the wrists. Switch them out and there you go.

Someone show us how the corrective operation goes!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Since people are getting theirs now... Here's the fix for Frosta's forearms...

Heat up the elbow joints with a hair dryer for about 20-30 seconds.
    Carefully peel and pull apart the elbow joints. You can stretch the plastic pretty good, but do be careful. The pins will either pop out or partially pop out.

Heat up the forearms at the wrist, because you'll need to pop out and switch the hands too. Again, 30 seconds under the hair dryer will do the trick.

To pop the hands back in... I find it works to re-heat the forearms again... Cool the hand pins under some cold water so they stiffen again, and pop them back in correctly.

Then re-place the forearms in the correct arms. Re-Heat both parts of the arm you're working on, you'll want the plastic nice and stretchy/soft. You'll need to pinch, squeeze the elbow area to get the pin to fully pop back in.
    It'll take some good pressure, but it'll work. The females are much easier to do this on than the male arms!

It really is that simple. You're not going to break your toy. Just be careful not to loose the pins when they pop out. It's honestly about the same as putting legos together as long as you get the plastic soft enough from the hair dryer.

Hope this helps all who wish to correct their Frosta arms!!!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yep...I'm definitely heating and popping those bad boys. Heat the joint where the shoulders meet the biceps. Heat the wrists. Switch them out and there you go.

Someone show us how the corrective operation goes!
    Are the biceps identical? That would be cool, if true. I've only had to take apart elbow joints once (TRU Aquaman), but I'll be honest, I don't ever want to do it again.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Are the biceps identical? That would be cool, if true. I've only had to take apart elbow joints once (TRU Aquaman), but I'll be honest, I don't ever want to do it again.
    I think so, going from pictures. Unless body shading paint apps or musculature throws off swapping the arms.

The arms of MOTUC figures are way easy to remove, either by boiling water or hair dryer. Swapping the boots on certain figures was a royal pain! (I put Bubble Armor She-Ra's boots and bracers on normal She-Ra this summer. Getting those boots off was Herculean, although normal She-Ra's boots came off easily.)

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I just want to reiterate how ridiculously stupid it is that Frosta has reversed forearms and that we have to fix her; particularly after King Hsss' reversed shoulders, and Stinkor's (intentional or not).

Were we not told that steps were taken to prevent this?

*Sigh* Where's my free sticker sheet to make up for this? Or maybe the free gift is going to be a reissued Frosta in a repainted Teela dress?

Yeah, this one irritates me.

At least, barring no black plastic problems, Rattlor looks to be one of the best figures in the line. I can't wait for him.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Oh man....
    I haven't even received my September shipment
    I WANT MY DRAGON BLASTER SKELLY!!!

Rattlor looks so awesome... I hope at least he will be spared from the black plastic fiasco.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Those are 2 big eyes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Since people are getting theirs now... Here's the fix for Frosta's forearms...

Heat up the elbow joints with a hair dryer for about 20-30 seconds.
    Carefully peel and pull apart the elbow joints. You can stretch the plastic pretty good, but do be careful. The pins will either pop out or partially pop out.

Heat up the forearms at the wrist, because you'll need to pop out and switch the hands too. Again, 30 seconds under the hair dryer will do the trick.

To pop the hands back in... I find it works to re-heat the forearms again... Cool the hand pins under some cold water so they stiffen again, and pop them back in correctly.

Then re-place the forearms in the correct arms. Re-Heat both parts of the arm you're working on, you'll want the plastic nice and stretchy/soft. You'll need to pinch, squeeze the elbow area to get the pin to fully pop back in.
    It'll take some good pressure, but it'll work. The females are much easier to do this on than the male arms!

It really is that simple. You're not going to break your toy. Just be careful not to loose the pins when they pop out. It's honestly about the same as putting legos together as long as you get the plastic soft enough from the hair dryer.

Hope this helps all who wish to correct their Frosta arms!!!
    Boiling water in the microwave for a few minutes (depending on bowl size) also works....I have used it many times for customs & misc, and nothing has ever happened to my figures....
    if nothing it has made the joints tighter since you can squeeze the parts together and set them with cool water. With a hair dryer a novice can run the risk of too hot a setting or
    holding too long and melting a part....hot water is a safe way for beginners.

All you need is to dip the parts you want to pop apart for like 20 - 30 seconds in the boiling water to soften the plastic enough, and if it cools down, dip it back in.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsexy_j View Post
    UPS just dropped off my gigantic box of matty sub items for October. Black Lion is huge!

Nothing unexpected so I will post pictures shortly, any requests?

My Frosta has reversed forearms, wheres the tutorial to fix this? Another problem that everyone could have is that the mine didn't seem that the plastic she was put in was long enough at the arms, both of her hands are mushed into bad looking fists.

J

Frosta (opened her right away)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171102.jpg

Hands

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171159.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171210.jpg

Cy-Chop

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171308.jpg

Rattlor

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171302.jpg

sticker sheet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...0-13171319.jpg
    The tutorial I promised will be forth coming just as soon as my frosta arrives and I open mine up.
    I will be waiting to put the video out since so many ppl comment to my inbox that they wanted the tutorial to be of "Frosta" and not another motuc female that I had modified.

... even tho it would be the same thing and that I even offered to reverse said already owned females arms just to show how it can be fixed tho...

..so the tutorial will come when mine arrives. So everyone will be happy, an no one will feel I am showing a video that wont help them.
    Last edited by Replikor; October 12, 2012 at 10:17pm.

Some quick Rattlor pics. Pretty perfect out of the package. Seems like he's actually cast in blue plastic.

Oh man, I'm looking forward to all three of these figures (and Black Lion) - what an awesome October we ended up with!
    Glad to hear Frosta's arms will be so easy. That's a relief. I've never tried any swapping myself.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Some super fast Frosta pics. Her forearms were reversed, fixed them right away swapping the biceps and hands, took two minutes. Easy. Her outfit isn't very white, especially next to She-Ra 2.0 and TOD Sorceress, but still a nice figure. Ankles are a bit loose, but also fixable.

Nice pics!
    But how do you tell that he's cast in blue plastic? Because of the joints? They were cast that way not to mess up with his pattern. But is the plastic of his skin blue aswell? I for sure hope it's red as it's supposed to be...

Nice, wish my stuff would get here.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I was looking at the armpit plastic yeah, he still could be black plastic then.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love Mek-A-Neck and Rattlor's Neck Off, they're having! I also love the Great Rebellion pic (minus Bow and Swiftwind). The ranks are growing, slowly but surely.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I wonder if it would look good if Rattlor had two neck segments...

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    AWESOME ! I can't wait for this !!

But then again, I am STILL waiting for DBS, MeK & SM's !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

SCB, can you try to put Rattlor's neck extension on Mekaneck for a quick and dirty "Snake Mekaneck?"
    Wolfman Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman Jake View Post
    SCB, can you try to put Rattlor's neck extension on Mekaneck for a quick and dirty "Snake Mekaneck?"
    Good idea!
    It'd be a pretty easy custom:

repainted Rattlor neck with a bit of sculpting
    +
    head swap with the snakified palace guard.
    =
    Neck-A-Snake.... or Snake-A-Neck
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; October 13, 2012 at 12:50am.

I also swapped her whole arm and not just the forearm. Took all of 2 minutes and done. there does seem to be some paint wash that's now on the inside of her arm, but not very noticeable.

J