Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    G, what a surprise, my subs won't be shipped until Monday, the 15th at the earliest. Such great subs. And my g/f is now asking why I just said "Maybe I should sell off everything MOTUC."
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I just want to reiterate how ridiculously stupid it is that Frosta has reversed forearms and that we have to fix her; particularly after King Hsss' reversed shoulders, and Stinkor's (intentional or not).

Were we not told that steps were taken to prevent this?
    Yeah, this far into the line reversed parts on figures is really inexcusable, especially since it's occurred numerous times.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Some super fast Frosta pics. Her forearms were reversed, fixed them right away swapping the biceps and hands, took two minutes. Easy. Her outfit isn't very white, especially next to She-Ra 2.0 and TOD Sorceress, but still a nice figure. Ankles are a bit loose, but also fixable.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7E3BB9568D.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7E3F78B960.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7E429E90FB.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...7E4601E647.jpg
    Staff came out much nicer than I thought - and she looks great with fixed arms. Your pics also make the hair look not-so-bad (I wasn't a fan of the translucent). I already liked her, but when I get her we may be a bit closer to love.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would love to see some pics of Cy Chop.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I would love to see some pics of Cy Chop.
    I second this
    I'd love to see him with Rattlor's Horde armband and one of Horde Prime's hands.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I second this
    I'd love to see him with Rattlor's Horde armband and one of Horde Prime's hands.
    thats what I'm going to do. I feel he would look awesome with HP hands & a horde arm band.
    Also I've been working on custom repainting Robotos weapon hands in Cy Chops colors.
    very excited to get this odd ball character.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I gotta be honest.

Frosta's face is looking jacked up again to me. Too much makeup ended up on her. Such a shame this figure had some great potential. I am still debating over whether to get her or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    I second this
    Due to the forearm used he arm band does not easily go over the elbow. I tried but didn't want to force it.

J

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    G, what a surprise, my subs won't be shipped until Monday, the 15th at the earliest. Such great subs. And my g/f is now asking why I just said "Maybe I should sell off everything MOTUC."
    Duuuuuuuuude! You should never let the women-folk hear you say such things! If they think you're open to it they'll ride that wave until everything is gone and make you think it was all YOUR idea!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Gee, I wonder if I should comments how I have heard already how one person's Cy-Chop arrived with a huge crack down his chest?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone willing to post some Black Lion pictures in the Voltron thread? I can't wait for big Black to arrive!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    My figures all arrived today - love them. Question about Frosta - did she use her wand in Filmation toon or did she just have freezing/ice power? Can't remember and it's driving me nuts, lol - thanks!

I'm jumping on the bandwagon asking for Cy-Chop pics!! My stuff arrives Friday, so I will be living vicariously through all of you

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    My figures all arrived today - love them. Question about Frosta - did she use her wand in Filmation toon or did she just have freezing/ice power? Can't remember and it's driving me nuts, lol - thanks!
    She did use her wand in one episode, but it was smaller and white.

You should take some pics too
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Some super fast Frosta pics. Her forearms were reversed, fixed them right away swapping the biceps and hands, took two minutes.
    is boil and pop method the best way to do this? i havnt done that with any of my MOTUC figures and im a bit apprehensive.
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    A couple quick pics

After looking at Frosta, She-Ra and the Sorceress, I do think they should have gone She-Ra white with her. Or at least Sorceress white (which is a bit less white). Frosta's white - is gray. Did ToyGuru ever say why this was done? She looks ok - but it does seem odd.

Cy-Chop.jpgFrosta.jpgRattlor.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by pinkslipx84 View Post
    is boil and pop method the best way to do this? i havnt done that with any of my MOTUC figures and im a bit apprehensive.
    Hair dryer.

Can someone post a pic of Cy-Chop's belt on Rattlor, and Rattlor's neck on Mekaneck please???
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    A couple quick pics

After looking at Frosta, She-Ra and the Sorceress, I do think they should have gone She-Ra white with her. Or at least Sorceress white (which is a bit less white). Frosta's white - is gray. Did ToyGuru ever say why this was done? She looks ok - but it does seem odd.
    Mattel likes using that grayish white for everything...Teela, Sorceress, She-Ra and Adam all have that grayish white color instead of the brilliant white from Bubble Power She-Ra.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'm jumping on the bandwagon asking for Cy-Chop pics!! My stuff arrives Friday, so I will be living vicariously through all of you

She did use her wand in one episode, but it was smaller and white.
    Sorry BCR, she never does. The wand was never in the Filmation series at all.
    Last edited by Scorpia; November 15, 2012 at 02:41pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

I got mine today, the day they went on sale, which I was particularly impressed with since I was worried that the He-Man & Battle Cat birthday sale would interfere with subs shipping first, but Mattel and DR pulled it off!!!

A few pics to follow soon!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Hair dryer.
    To me the boil and pop works better, and less chance a novice will melt plastic by having the dryer too hot or holding it too long in one spot....

I have never had an issue ever with B&P....and for forearms & hands....it's really easy to do....legs and boots, now that takes a bit longer and can be more difficult, no matter which method.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Still waiting on my DB Skelly...

Any confirmation for black plastic on Rattlor so far?
    I so hope this won't be the case with him.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Seeing these pics...it's pretty clear her face never came together. It's not...ugly of course, but it isn't good either. She's making some weird face, that's for sure!

Anyone going to take a crack at making a customized head?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Just came back from Mern-ra and got my Frosta! Thank you Mern-ra!
    We had decided to perform the infamous arm-swapping procedure together, and we did!

Picture this: Mern-ra and Oulala sharing a blowdrying trying to bring their armless Frostas back to life!
    We went for the Elbow dislocation technique. I've been customizing figures for years and I'm pretty bold with what I sometimes attempt.
    But I had never removed elbow joints on a figure.

Is it easy?

Well, one bit of advice: if you're not really comfortable with dismemberment technique, swap the biceps instead!
    I managed to pop the elbows, switch them and put them back on my Frosta in less than 2 minutes...However, Mern-ra's Frosta did, for some unknown reason, resist any attempts to put the elbow pin back in. It took about an hour of intense blowdrying, cursing and worrying until I finally popped the elbow pin back into the sockets. As I'm typing this, the tip of my fingers still bloody hurts. (From the burn and from pushing too hard!) It's like I have blisters at the tip of my digits! I HUUUUURT!

Frosta is really really nice. The face paint turned out pretty well, at least on mine. I was probably the only fan of the original reveal with the slight OTT tartish make up. I wish she still has that luscious snarly smile but at least the dimple is still visible!

As much as I was always a fan of not using a bright white on Frosta - It looks better with the dark blue, methinks - both Mern-ra and mine are SUPER DARK. Which does give her a bit of an edge, but it looks way darker than the SDCC prototype I photographed last July.

I can't believe NO REVIEWER photographed or even talked about Frosta's derrière. Yes folks, Frosta has a sculpted BUM! It's a ground breaking improvement! Poor Teela, she had zero junk in the trunk and anatomically it always bothered me. So yeah, Frosta has sculpted half cheeks on the end part of the upper leg. It's very, very well done and I hope all the future females will benefit from that update.

photo 1-1.JPGphoto 2-1.JPGphoto-2.JPG

PS. Rattlor has black plastic on his balljoint shoulders. We checked on Mern-ra's Rattlor and there was a tiny minuscule minor scratch underneath the joint through which you can see the cursed black plastic!
    Last edited by oulala; October 16, 2012 at 02:59am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Sorry BCR, she never does. The wand was never in the Filmation series at all.
    Yes it was. I SWEAR. I can remember how it looked in the scene. I'll find it!!
    Last edited by bcrduke; October 16, 2012 at 03:11am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.