Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Heroic Warrior
    I'm so glad I didn't get Cy-Chop or Frosta !

Clearly, Cy-Chop's aesthetics is not the only thing questionable : his cracking TRANSLUCENT torso clearly is a problem. I had anticipated this craking torso issue because of Roboto's torso (which had the very same problem). Who is the "genius" in Matty's "design" team who thought that giving the FRAGILE translucent Roboto torso to Cy-Chop was a great idea ?

So Frosta's reversed forearms are not that easy to fix, heh ? I had a feeling it wouldn't be so easy. And anyway, we shouldn't have to fix a brand new $30 figure. That's the reason why I didn't buy Frosta, even though she's one of my favorite POP characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Rattlor looks good, my only figure in October. Can`t wait to get the 200x armor...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well boiling ain't working either. I had her in the pot for 10 minutes and still the arms did not heat up enough for me to get the peg through them. I'm just going to have to send her back to Mattel for a replacement due to their incompetence.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well boiling ain't working either. I had her in the pot for 10 minutes and still the arms did not heat up enough for me to get the peg through them. I'm just going to have to send her back to Mattel for a replacement due to their incompetence.

I tried that on a males elbow joint, it wasn`t fun at all...I can understand that on the more smaller arms it`s worse...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I tried that on a males elbow joint, it wasn`t fun at all...I can understand that on the more smaller arms it`s worse...
    This is ridiculous. The problem is her freaking holes on her arms are too small. I need something that can stretch them out.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Seriously people, how am I supposed to fix her? I am getting might ****** off here!!!!!! This is not funny because this is ********!!!!!!! Mattel needs to learn how to make their toys properly and fire those worthless 10 year olds that suck at their job!!!
    Have you tried flat-edged or craft pliers? I know first-hand that sometimes that stupid peg does not want to go through, no matter how much I heat it or how much pressure I apply. And you don't want to hurt yourself, either. I was trying to remove a Glyos plug from one of my Spy Monkey builds, and ended up ripping one of the muscles in my thumb. Not fun. So craft pliers are Good Things.

It's weird how Frosta looks great in the profile shots posted by people here, but the face on view is "Gah!". Well, to me she's "Gah!".
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior
    This is ridiculous. The problem is her freaking holes on her arms are too small. I need something that can stretch them out.
    That`s how the pegs work to hold the joint together. It`s also on the males elbow. I took something thin but solid and tried to get through the hole under the peg and tried to pull it through the hole. It has to be done twice on each arm.

I was a few times very close to smash the figure against the wall...

Wow, I'm really happy with my figures so far! Still have to swap Frosta's forearms, but I'm glad how well "enhancing" Cy-Chop and Spector worked.

P1060212.jpg
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Got my shipping notice today, can't wait to get them
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

My wundar came with an ankle that was not pushed on the pin correctly. Use a blow dryer and pliers. I put a towel over the plastic to help reduce the risk of the pliers hurting the plastic. But you will get results with pliers for sure.

I don't have pliers.

I always use pliers to get the peg back in the joint. Just heat them up slightly, put the joint together and push the peg in firmly so it stays. Then squeeze the peg in, it should just pop into place.

I don't have pliers.
    You should feel ashamed.

I don't have pliers.
    You are not ready, Daniel-san.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Like SCB said, swap her biceps instead, it took me 2 minutes to change them and her hands as well. Hair Dryer style!

@ Sir Reily: Cool use of the PG shin guards on Cy-Chop!!

Here are some quick Cy-Chop shots, and I made his hand into a giant scissored lance. He looks cool, such a great character.

Last edited by Count Judas; October 17, 2012 at 07:05pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Like SCB said, swap her biceps instead, it took me 2 minutes to change them and her hands as well. Hair Dryer style!
    1. It is a little late for that now.
    2. So what would the point of that be? Instead of having reversed forearms I have reversed biceps.

Dude. sucks for those who have to boil their figures and hit them with hair dryers .. Just trying to picture this.

2. So what would the point of that be? Instead of having reversed forearms I have reversed biceps.
    If you need help in stretching out the hole to place the pin back in, you can use pliers or if you dont have any, what I have used in the past - a small flat head screwdriver to widen the gap and the round end of a pen to push the pin in from one side to the other. the plastic must remain soft, that's why a hair dryer is better, you can blast it a few more times if the plastic hardens while you fix it.

The biceps are identical to each other or they look that way to me as opposed to the male bucks where the right and left are noticeably sculpted differently.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

The biceps look the same when switched and takes a few seconds to finish.

If you're such a novice customizer, why are you doing advanced custom work the first time on your new figures? I remember you tried to fix Roboto's shoulders by cracking the chest and cracked the chest.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    THis is just ****ing great, just ****ing great. I listened to you guys that Frosta's arms can easily be fixed, and now I cannot get them back on. Her elbow pegs are too freaking small and the holes in the arms are even smaller, making it impossible to do this. I had her arms under a hair dryer for nearly 5 minutes and the pegs still will not go through them.
    Wait...why are you switching her forearms...switch her biceps with forearms attached. Then switch the hands.
    It's a billion times easier.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

I got my haul today. All 3 figures look really nice.

The only figure that I opened so far, is Frosta so I could fix the forearms business. The fix is really quite easy.....if you switch the biceps area and not the triceps area with the pin. It really does take about 2 minutes to fix, and if I can do it then anybody can.

My only additional problem is that I think the head peg is a little janky. It looks like someone's family dog got a hold of it and chewed on it and it seems she has a bobblehead effect, but her hair prevents the wobbling.
    Last edited by nato; October 17, 2012 at 07:26pm.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Still haven't fixed my Frosta, but I took a break and took these:

Seriously people, how am I supposed to fix her? I am getting might ****** off here!!!!!! This is not funny because this is ********!!!!!!! Mattel needs to learn how to make their toys properly and fire those worthless 10 year olds that suck at their job!!!
    Well first of all, calm down, take a deep breath.

Secondly, you don't need to boil the hell out of it. Put it in some hot water for just a minute or less so the plastic is nice and soft. I think the best kind of tool to use for this is a popsicle stick or a wooden or plastic dowel about the circumference of the little peg. Line up the peg with the hole on the side of the forearm that it needs to be pushed into and use your thumb to back it and use the stick to push it from the other side until you feel it pop back in. I've done it to the male figures several times and yesterday was the first time I've done it with a female figure, I thought it was easier with the female.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Well first of all, calm down, take a deep breath.

Secondly, you don't need to boil the hell out of it. Put it in some hot water for just a minute or less so the plastic is nice and soft. I think the best kind of tool to use for this is a popsicle stick or a wooden or plastic dowel about the circumference of the little peg. Line up the peg with the hole on the side of the forearm that it needs to be pushed into and use your thumb to back it and use the stick to push it from the other side until you feel it pop back in. I've done it to the male figures several times and yesterday was the first time I've done it with a female figure, I thought it was easier with the female.
    I tried that. The problem is, I cannot line up the peg with the hole with just two hands. I need a third and maybe a fourth.