Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I tried that. The problem is, I cannot line up the peg with the hole with just two hands. I need a third and maybe a fourth.
    Do you have the peg completely removed from the forearm, or is it just pulled out of the hole on one side?
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPAYNE View Post
    Do you have the peg completely removed from the forearm, or is it just pulled out of the hole on one side?
    It's only pulled out on one side. It keeps going crooked.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Oulala helped me swap mine and he had the same problem but just kept trying until it worked--check out his post earlier in this thread; I'm not sure if he gave any details of how he made it happen, but it might help--and if nothing else you'll see that someone else (literally) shares your pain.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Yeah, I had a little bit of a problem with that, you just need a tool like a small nail or a tack to stick in there and line it up.

I think part of your problem might be that your heating it up to much to the point where the peg is getting to soft. Another method you could try is removing the peg completely, put the peg in some cold water so it is hard and rigid, put just the forearm in the boiling water and get it nice and soft, put the forearm on the bicep piece with the holes lined up and shove the peg all the way in from one side. You'll feel the peg pop through the first side of the forearm and keep pushing it until you feel it pop through the other side of the forearm.
    Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders: Royalt1us, chrisbryan, AGE, UnemployedSkeletor, EwR-Disaster, Kero, jaggerart, Uki, skully, overlordofevil, Neo, He-Bruely, returnofplex, Jonny Tyler, Herewegoagain, lemure77, bigassbuzz. (if I've had a transaction with you and your not on this list, please remind me.)

Okay, so I just went out and bought a pair of pliers, what am I supposed to do now? I've tried squeezing the arms together with them, but that doesn't work. The pin cannot do anything but go crooked no matter what I try.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I had a little bit of a problem with that, you just need a tool like a small nail or a tack to stick in there and line it up.

I think part of your problem might be that your heating it up to much to the point where the peg is getting to soft. Another method you could try is removing the peg completely, put the peg in some cold water so it is hard and rigid, put just the forearm in the boiling water and get it nice and soft, put the forearm on the bicep piece with the holes lined up and shove the peg all the way in from one side. You'll feel the peg pop through the first side of the forearm and keep pushing it until you feel it pop through the other side of the forearm.
    Well I've got one arm with the peg completely removed, and one with it only out on one side. I've tried multiple attempts with both and nothing is happening on either arm.

EDIT: You know what, I give up. I have been at this thing since 2PM. I am done. It is going to be easier for me to just have Matty send me a replacement, because this is ridiculous.

To make matters worse, the pin just broke.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; October 17, 2012 at 09:19pm.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Okay, so I just went out and bought a pair of pliers, what am I supposed to do now? I've tried squeezing the arms together with them, but that doesn't work. The pin cannot do anything but go crooked no matter what I try.

Well I've got one arm with the peg completely removed, and one with it only out on one side. I've tried multiple attempts with both and nothing is happening on either arm.

EDIT: You know what, I give up. I have been at this thing since 2PM. I am done. It is going to be easier for me to just have Matty send me a replacement, because this is ridiculous.

To make matters worse, the pin just broke.
    Well I'm sorry it didn't work out. If you lived in my neighborhood I'd have told you to come by.

I hope you don't have any problems getting a replacement.

This is not funny because this is ********!!!!!!!
    I feel your pain, as customizing can be nerve-wracking to us novices, but this sentence damn near made me blow ice cream out my nose.

I hope they'll still send you a replacement, but I don't know if you taking it apart counts as a defect on their part. Good luck either way!

Well I'm sorry it didn't work out. If you lived in my neighborhood I'd have told you to come by.

I hope you don't have any problems getting a replacement.
    There is a good and bad portion to this. On the good side, I have 2 subs, so at least I still have a good Frosta. On the bad side, I've been selling my extra sub to Baddwarf, so now he does not have a Frosta for himself until I get a replacement.

Of course, it turns out the second Frosta has a messed up eye, so he would have ended up with one with a bad paint job, so it might work out for him. It also does not help that I just realized the pin is sticking out of the ankle of the one that broke, so it was never fully put together anyway. Nevertheless, it sucks that a toy company cannot figure out how to assemble toys properly.

Heroic Warrior
    Is this a can't wait as in it's been announced or it will hopefully be offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Rattlor looks good, my only figure in October. Can`t wait to get the 200x armor...
    Here's what I am looking for:
    200x
    MOTUC

Lol, it looks like Elastigirl is going to town on Voltron's leg... if you know what I mean...

Putting the pins back in is a pain in the ass....you have to get one side in, and kind of use something to stick in the hole, stretch the hole a little then pry the pin up into the hole.....the hole will retract back to it's size once you get done, squeeze it a little and it cools down.

And yes, I know how most of that sounded....but it works....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Putting the pins back in is a pain in the ass....you have to get one side in, and kind of use something to stick in the hole, stretch the hole a little then pry the pin up into the hole.....the hole will retract back to it's size once you get done, squeeze it a little and it cools down.

And yes, I know how most of that sounded....but it works....
    Well, like I said, the pin broke since I used the greatest idea ever, pliers. I really hope Target takes them back, because I spent $30 on them all for nothing.

You mean, you could afford $30?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Well, like I said, the pin broke since I used the greatest idea ever, pliers. I really hope Target takes them back, because I spent $30 on them all for nothing.
    How in the world did you break the peg??? You don't put the peg in the pliers by itself and squeeze the heck out of it. You line up the joint, put the peg in firmly and then squeeze the entire joint and peg together gently but firmly and it will just slide into place. Sometimes I have to squeeze the plastic around the joint to get if fully into place, but I have never broke the peg. I also think part of the problem is the $30 pliers...you don't need industrial strength pliers with hydraulics....a small pair might have worked better.

Yay, toys! Frosta was kinda flopping back and forth in my mind. One of those figure I just HAD to have in hand before making a verdict. Well, survey says: Awesome! The arms don't look off at all, though I may still consider swapping them. Chances are I won't care enough. Anyway, she really looks the best in person! I'm also happy that none of her articulation is restricted - even her head has the best range yet, when you consider how much the long hair usually restricts certain poses. I do wish her staff was a little more exciting, or that she had some ice blasts, but oh well. Still pretty awesome!

What can I say? Absolutely NOTHING wrong here. I would have liked the 200X armor, but I bet they're gona put that in the next weapons pak, so I'm not freting it. I mean LOOK at that sucker! He's everything the original was and...well slightly less, 'cause that launching neck was totally rad, but as a MotUC figure he friggin' ROCKS. Only thing is that his eyes make him look a little goofy, but it's so hard to have complaints with this guy. Everything works perfectly on him; I love it. This is my last vintage guy that I have any super nostalgic connections to, as he was the one I accidentally took with me to kindergarten when it wasn't show 'n tell day, so I had to give him to the teacher until the end of the day. Funny how certain things stick out to you even through the years, eh?

OMG CY-CHOP IS THE BEEEESSST. He just...I can't even....MAN he puts a tear in my eye. He's just so TOY, you know? All the random awesome stuff shoved together that a kid might be rambling on about in a run-on sentence. He's got giant scissor hands, he's half robotic half beast, his head is METAL, his chest is clear and you can see his GUTS....just so cool! Too much cool for one figure. It's childhood. That's what he is. He's everything I've ever drawn or thought of in one guy. Oversized stuff, clear stuff, robot stuff - JUST EVERYTHING.

Still, thems some BIG 'OL CHOPPAS. I had to make some extra items for his hands. Still no hands, but this is Cy-Chop! Cy-Chop don't need no hands. All's he needs is KILLIN' ARMS.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

BTW, I have black plastic showing on my Cy-Chop horns.

BTW, I have black plastic showing on my Cy-Chop horns.
    Well the heads aren't anything new; pop off a few other heads from earlier in the line and check out the socket. My first run He-Man head was cast in brown plastic and Wun-Dar's head was cast in black, so that's probably not gona change across the board. It's the random crap like DB Skelly's arms that raise a ruckuss.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Alexx! I LOVE your work!
    That Rattlor one in particular is gold - SOLID GOLD!
    Can't wait to own that figure... the vintage Rattlor was my very first action figure btw
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Alexx! I LOVE your work!
    That Rattlor one in particular is gold - SOLID GOLD!
    Can't wait to own that figure... the vintage Rattlor was my very first action figure btw
    Thanks! You're gona LOVE Rattlor. The colors are so vibrant on him, and it's almost like the old figure shed it's skin and this one popped out. Just awesome!

I was planning on using the magma set as well, but had nothing in mind as cool as what you did with his right hand. Nice work.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Pliers?! That is a great way of destroying a MOTUC figure.

I heat up a cup of water in the microwave for about 2 minutes, then stick the arm into the water for about 20 seconds. After that, I have a small screwdriver that has a SMOOTH round end on the handle. I use this smooth part to push on one side of the pin until one side pops out. OR, after heating I simply use the small flat head part of the screwdriver itself to pry one side of the forearm away from the peg and separate the two sides that way.

To put it back together, I stick ONLY THE FOREARM section into the REHEATED water for 20 seconds and spread the two sides apart slightly with my fingers and place one end onto the peg WITH MY HANDS. The other side, I line the peg up with the forearm hole and I use a small flat smooth object to push the forearm back onto the peg and that's it.

NO PLIERS, no damaged pegs, no sore fingers, and no high blood pressure. I swapped the forearms on my Stinkor in less than 2 minutes with the methods described above.

I have customized several of these figures, both male and female and none were a problem. I will definitely revisit this thread after I correct Frosta's arms.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 18, 2012 at 03:27am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Got mine today. I actually like cy-chop in hand which is a huge surprise for me. Rattlor is good - I'm always a bit bored with straight vintage upgrades, but he is well done...

The weird thing is Frosta - I haven't seen any complaints about this yet, but both mine and my daughter's are the same way - the left leg (both at the knee and ankle) is so loose that she cannot stand at all no matter how much you try. Am I the only one? I know I seem to be the king of loose joints in the leg (I'm also the only person I know who received two Kobra Kahn figures that cannot stand), but I just give up. After years, Mattel can't figure out how to make figures stand up on their own? Really questioning why I bought extra subs next year to keep the line going...

Edit: Sorry - I'm an idiot. My left, her right. The -right- leg on both Frosta figures is completely loose...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

I got mine yesterday, and it's nice to see some diversity in this batch (you know, three different factions):
    - Frosta: Looks good overall, her forearms don't bother me much like Stinkor's. I might one day try fixing her, but for now, I'll just leave her living in pain, Hehehe... Her supposedly white color isn't white at all, it looks light Gray, which is I don't mind for some reason, I like her the way she is quite frankly, and I'm a guy who doesn't care much for POP!

- Cy-Chop: I thought this figure will be the worst MOTUC figure ever released, however, after having him in hand, I kinda like his awful silly design and color scheme, he is definitely a mess, but kinda cool and and interesting in a weird way. To me he, isn't more than a colorful silly toy to display. I might keep experimenting on him with different heads or armors and create a new character of my own.

- Rattlor: Now this dude is one awesome looking figure like most of the reptoids in the MOTUC line thus far. His colors remind of the old Egyptian paintings and his sculpt is simply brilliant. I like him a lot, and I'll like him even more if he ever gets his none-released harness one day.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I think my Frosta's forearms are correct. The gauntlets look to be positioned correctly. Is theer a comparison picture side by side of what they should look like and what some people are getting?

Lets see pics of Chop with the Horde Armband on!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar