Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Received Frosta and Rattlor today. Very happy with Rattlor. Frosta wasn't horrible, but that is gray, not white, and not one of my other white-colored girls is that gray, not even original She-ra.

So I'm in the process of changing a few things. The arms were easy, but the hair was a pain to get off. And when I took the face paint off Frosta, I made an interesting discovery.

Frosta doesn't look Filmation because the 4H didn't sculpt Frosta.

They sculpted Angelina Jolie.

I have to admit it is a good likeness, and explains why they tried to distort it. Val Kilmer - eat your heart out.

----

Beautiful job on your Frosta, Baena!
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; October 18, 2012 at 07:24pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    My October orders seem to be either in Limbo, or enroute through purgatory, they have not moved at all....at least nothing is updated aside from the fact that the label was created....no tracking number to at least look on the USPS site or anything....Why say it's being charged and shipped, if it's still sitting on the damn docks? Usually it's like this for one day, then today I should have seen movement, but nothing....
    Mine are still in the warehouse being handled I'm assuming. Not even a shipping notice yet

Quote Originally Posted by RafiS View Post
    Teela doesn't look too happy - great job as always - was kinda waiting for your repaint
    Yeah, she doesn't like how Frosta is looking at He-Man.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

JUST got my figures!

Frosta: Her sculpt is beautiful! All her paint apps are clean. I love that they used the translucent plastic with her shield and wand! It's a bit disappointing about the "white" on her costume BUT I can live with it. I haven't swapped the forearms yet but plan to since it's such an easy fix. All her joints are nice and tight. She's a lovely addition to the PoP ranks!

Rattlor: WOW…this guy's sculpt is BEAUTIFUL! His paint apps are all PERFECT! In all the online pics something seemed off about him…well now I think I've figured it out. The vertical paint apps on his legs. There's NOTHING wrong with it…it just gives the illusion of his legs being longer than they actually are. All his joints are good and tight. This guy is a hit outta the ballpark! I hope at some point in a future weapons pack that they release his 200X armor.

Cy-Chop: Okay…I know that there's division over this figure but I've gotta say having him in hand…this figure is pretty dang good! I love the metallic details! All his paint apps are good, his joints are tight and he's a great addition to the Horde. I'll be leaving the Horde belt on him though because it gives the illusion of his torso being longer. I'm definitely glad I've got him!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post

Frosta doesn't look Filmation because the 4H didn't sculpt Frosta.

May I ask how you removed the paint so well. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Yeah, she doesn't like how Frosta is looking at He-Man.
    Just like I keep telling Matthew (from Fwoosh) that I want him to come over to New Zealand with his 'playsets' I wish I was rich so I could fly over to your house for a painting lesson or two

I need to see big versions of your repaints - still haven't painted my first face, although I have started repainting the Star Sisters. Poor Starla is the practice model.

Got mine today, had to change Frosta's hair immediately... hated what they did to it. The pics look a little to white, but its definitely a light blue like it should be.

Received and opened Cy-chop today, the rest should arrive on Friday or Saturday. I have to say that I like him more now than when he was revealed. I guess his bio and Pixel Dan's video started turning me, but it became more apparent once I had him in hand. He's awesome, from the head sculpt to the ridiculously large scissor hands. In my cannon, yes, I just said that, I view the horde as more of an intergalactic group of mercenaries instead of an invading army and Cy-chop is either the guy you send in when you want to make a statement or the one they send in when it really hit the fan. Can't wait for the rest.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Got mine today! I didn't even realize my Frosta's arms were wrong until like an hour after I opened her up. Heated some water and had her fixed in under 5 minutes. All of this month's figures look great!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Received and opened Cy-chop today, the rest should arrive on Friday or Saturday. I have to say that I like him more now than when he was revealed. I guess his bio and Pixel Dan's video started turning me, but it became more apparent once I had him in hand. He's awesome, from the head sculpt to the ridiculously large scissor hands. In my cannon, yes, I just said that, I view the horde as more of an intergalactic group of mercenaries instead of an invading army and Cy-chop is either the guy you send in when you want to make a statement or the one they send in when it really hit the fan. Can't wait for the rest.
    I agree about cy-chop. He is definitely going to be a manimal in my canon. With HP hands and a Griffin to ride into battle. Such a cool concept.

I think people's custom "dye" jobs for Frosta's hair have come out pretty good, but do people hate the way it comes because it doesn't match Filmation, or because they honestly think it looks bad?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with this. The Icarius head is too much like Val Kilmer to be a coincidence. I can see the resemblance between the Frosta sculpt and Angelina, but I don't think they're as close. Either way, I have never thought of Angelina Jolie as attractive, so it doesn't help me like the sculpt.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    but do people hate the way it comes because it doesn't match Filmation, or because they honestly think it looks bad?
    It's been my observation that unless something is 100% identical to Filmation, it's blasphemous. Even additional detail is often frowned upon.

Personally, I don't mind Frosta's hair not being exactly the same color as Filmation. I am more bothered by her face. I don't think it's a very attractive sculpt considering how pretty they made her in the cartoon.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; October 18, 2012 at 11:23pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    Mine are still in the warehouse being handled I'm assuming. Not even a shipping notice yet
    Assuming you placed the order to have it shipped via UPS, you can utilize the order number as your tracking number.

Regards,
    Victor P.

Quote Originally Posted by baron ironblood View Post
    i like cy-chop a great deal more than i thought i would. he doesn't look as much like random parts in person, and the giant scissors are too much fun.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1350416521

my girlfriend keeps calling him "side-chop" just to drive me crazy...
    Coupla' quick questions about Cy-Chop and Frosta...

Cy-Chop - wasn't there a character in the first few episodes of the Filmation cartoons that had a head like Cy-Chop's? (and a blue-ish costume) Also, on the figure, does he come with the hands I keep seeing people use? Or are they being bashed from another fig? (Roboto?) I MAY be interested in Cy-Chop if I can make him the Filmation character and maybe use one scissor hand on a staff like I have seen in a previous post.

Frosta - is there a screenshot/pic of Frosta in the Filmation cartoons to show what her hair is supposed to look like? I never watched the POP series and oddly enough (I think because I like the color blue so much) I ordered Frosta today. Would like to see a screengrab so I can decide if I want to re-do her hair along with the forearms (gonna do the bicep switch based on previous reports of struggle while doing the elbow switch and the fact the biceps look identical to me. That may change when I get her tho.)
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Coupla' quick questions about Cy-Chop and Frosta...

Cy-Chop - wasn't there a character in the first few episodes of the Filmation cartoons that had a head like Cy-Chop's? (and a blue-ish costume) Also, on the figure, does he come with the hands I keep seeing people use? Or are they being bashed from another fig? (Roboto?) I MAY be interested in Cy-Chop if I can make him the Filmation character and maybe use one scissor hand on a staff like I have seen in a previous post.

Frosta - is there a screenshot/pic of Frosta in the Filmation cartoons to show what her hair is supposed to look like? I never watched the POP series and oddly enough (I think because I like the color blue so much) I ordered Frosta today. Would like to see a screengrab so I can decide if I want to re-do her hair along with the forearms (gonna do the bicep switch based on previous reports of struggle while doing the elbow switch and the fact the biceps look identical to me. That may change when I get her tho.)

I can't help you on the Filmation question, but the hands you see being used for Cy-Chop are from Horde Prime. He's got the silver hands that pop off (on both hands), and they go really well with Cy-Chop.

As for Frosta, in the cartoon, her hair color was a lighter blue. Think of cotton candy blue. You can find videos on youtube to see the hair color.

And yes, definitely go with the bicep switch. When I first saw my Frosta, I couldn't really tell that her forearms were wrong, but i did the switch anyway. As soon as I fixed it, then I could see the difference. It only takes about a couple minutes. Use the hairdryer method.....heat the biceps.....pop them off the shoulders........heat the hands/wrists......pop off the hands and switch them.....heat up the biceps again and pop them correctly onto the shoulders. When I put the biceps back on, I had to twist the arms around until they settled into the sockets, but it was very simple.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Got my shipment. As annoying as Frosta's arms arm, the grey instead of white annoys me more.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by darthdrew13 View Post
    Cy-Chop - wasn't there a character in the first few episodes of the Filmation cartoons that had a head like Cy-Chop's? (and a blue-ish costume)
    You are probably thinking of Strongarm.

Looking good on the repaint Baena!! Now that's Frosta!
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 3.30.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    You are probably thinking of Strongarm.
    Wasn't there a similar character that was one of the minions of the Game Master?
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

used a heat gun for a couple of seconds and poppped her wrists and switched. The elbow was a bit more complex, in that I needed tweezers to strech that hole around the post, but all in all I never did it before, but it took me only a couple of minutes at most.

Looks great. Almost no difference, but since it was so easy I'm glad I did it.

I think I'm going to drybrush some lighter blue over her hair, until it's looking right. But I am going to let it naturally fade to how it is naturally, because I do like the semi-translucent darker blue. That way it utilizes both. And if it doesnt work, I'll finish doing the lighter blue. The one posted previously was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    It's been my observation that unless something is 100% identical to Filmation, it's blasphemous. Even additional detail is often frowned upon.
    disagree.

Bow was a huge hit, and he is a departure from Filmation.

People don't like that Frosta, the SNOW queen, is literally gray.

And they'd prefer her hair to be brighter and lighter - icy.

I think it's just that simple.

She's an amazing figure, but I do not understand why the color was changed from the prototype to the sdcc sample, and then AGAIN from the power con sample to what we have received.

I pay particular attention to the pop figures. This is GRAY. It looks awful .

I'd like to know who ordered the color change and why. The TOD Sorceress has far brighter white. Why doesn't Frosta have the same?

And I don't want to hear that there is variation from Proto to toy. The sample (toy) was already darker, but it was a lot lighter than the figure I have now.

So that was a deliberate change.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Rattlor is so cool. He is standing with The Horde today sporting his armband and Cy-Chop's belt.

This is blasphemy! THIS IS MADNESS!!!

Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

My goodies came today and took their places in my display.
    Frosta is a great figure. Her white is more of a light blue but I love her. It is so cool to have a memeber of the Great Rebellion finally here.

Rattlor is a very nice figure as well. His paint is amazing other than a couple of bleed spots on his feet and neck.

Rattlor gave his armband to Vultura so she could show her Horde Alliance.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    I didn't stop fixing things when I finished the arms...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ms/Frosta1.jpg
    Hey Baena, could you share what exactly did you do to her face? A mini tutorial of sorts. I'd like to try it on my figure once it gets here.

I received my Frosta and Rattlor today. I still have to switch Frosta's arms, I'm a bit nervous about messing her up.

Frosta is really gray, and it's just bit of bummer being as that she is the "Ice Empress" and should be white. Slusha fits her more than Frosta.

Frosta has a nice booty thanks to her new thighs with cheeks.
    Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Frosta has a nice booty thanks to her new thighs with cheeks.
    Well, it's about freaking time we start getting some female sculpts with booty!

The most annoying thing about the MOTUC females for me has been that they are FLAT. Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Goddess are the worst offenders but at least my BG Evil-Lyn has the cape to cover it up. Those three females are all back.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."