Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Got my Rattlor, Mekanek, Frosta, DB Skeletor & Cy-Chop from my friend (Lemure 77) in WV. Love them all even though plasticgate showed its ugly face with Cy-Chop (horns), DB Skeletor & Mekanek. But the really bad was with Cy-Chop. He came with an extremelly loose waist, like many of the dcuc orange lantern luthors. I can spin easily him by lightly hitting him on the scissor hand.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

my cychop should be here wednesday. can't wait!

has anyone, cause i plan on, put palace gaurd shin armor on him?
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Picked up my figures today and I feel like I need a smoke after opening all of them!

Frosta is def the dud of the bunch. Gray paint, backwards forearms...she's ok but she had the potential to be so much better!

Rattlor...one word: amazing. I thought he was going to attack me through the package, that's how badass he is. Was going to give him some Snake Men weapons but then I realized he's more awesome without them. Absolutely love this figure!

Cy-Chop is all toy. Yeah, he's a really weird design, but he looks like an action figure, with a cool "action feature". I totally dig him.

Battle Armor He-Man has been a long time coming! No way was I going to pay $50 and upwards for this figure. Now he's here and he's awesome. He-Man is even *more* powerful with his new Battle Armor.

King Grayskull is a figure I've wanted for 10 years. Yes, I realize that we've been waiting longer for many of the figures we've gotten, but this one, ever since the "History" episode of the 200x cartoon, had been sorely needed. He's where it all starts for me and he's simply awesome.

Weapons Pak 3 is full of weapon and accessory goodness. Horde Prime, Snake MAA(with reg MAA head), and Draego-Man are now complete. The other items were nice too, but I probably won't be using the majority of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Well, it's about freaking time we start getting some female sculpts with booty!

The most annoying thing about the MOTUC females for me has been that they are FLAT. Teela, Evil-Lyn, and Goddess are the worst offenders but at least my BG Evil-Lyn has the cape to cover it up. Those three females are all back.
    Not that you look but the males are all back, too. Flass across the entire line. It's sculpted, but very 2-dimensional. This is worse on DCUC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    But I agree with most, that if you choose to just switch it out where the top of the biceps meet the shoulders, that is much easier for the non-customizer, and doesn't change the functionality or look of the figure.
    On a male figure this would be way more obvious. Just... stating the obvious...
    Listening, Ruben?!

I thought I was ok with her grey parts....but last night I broke...I had to repaint her.

I'm much happier with Frosta now.
    Last edited by Angel-T; November 1, 2012 at 05:52am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    I thought I was ok with her grey parts....but last night I broke...I had to repaint her.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...62646801_n.jpg I'm much happier with Frosta now.
    Wow that's really nice.

Angel-T, I really like the new paint job you put on Frosta. I am always afraid of painting my figures. I dont want to mess them up and I dont know which paint to use so it sets correctly and doesnt stay tacky. Could you give me the brand name and style of paint you use? Acrylic or enamel, etc?

Citadel paints...white and blue mixed together to find the right shade for her hair! I hope this helps you can find them in most Game Workshop stores.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...62646801_n.jpg I'm much happier with Frosta now.
    Beautiful job on your Frosta, Angel-T!
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

Great job! I just got my Frosta today - thought I would be ok with the grey too but it's hideous! I'll be repainting her when I get a chance!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Great job! I just got my Frosta today - thought I would be ok with the grey too but it's hideous! I'll be repainting her when I get a chance!
    I wish she was white, but the gray doesn't ruin her for me. She is the Dirty-Snow-On-The-Side-Of-The-Road Queen instead of the pretty snow queen

My biggest gripe is that all the women in this line are taller than the men.

my figures arrived yesterday, cy chop looks awesome, rattlor is great but not much noise from his tail no rattle, and frosta is beatifull!! The arms are ok in my figure thight joins, all ok. Great job 4h y mattel.

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Rattlor & Frosta arrived today. Rattlor is pretty much the perfect figure, I'm overjoyed with him! Frosta is very nice as well, but I do hate thechoice of gray vs. white. Still, glad to have her in my collection.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    I wish she was white, but the gray doesn't ruin her for me. She is the Dirty-Snow-On-The-Side-Of-The-Road Queen instead of the pretty snow queen

My biggest gripe is that all the women in this line are taller than the men.
    I've commented on the size of the women in this line as well. .Tallstar would be the exception
    I really liked the scale in the vintage line of the women next to the men.

Seeing all these great looking white Frostas, as she should have looked, makes me want to paint her up and do what Mattel failed to do and get her color right. I'm going to acquire another one to paint as the Ice Empress (with staff) and the gray one will be my Battlground version with shield and ice sword (I gave her Sub-zero's sword). She's such a great figure, I want her to look proper.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Seeing all these great looking white Frostas, as she should have looked, makes me want to paint her up and do what Mattel failed to do and get her color right. I'm going to acquire another one to paint as the Ice Empress (with staff) and the gray one will be my Battlground version with shield and ice sword (I gave her Sub-zero's sword). She's such a great figure, I want her to look proper.
    Wow that's such a good idea to give Frosta Sub-Zero's sword
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Didn't order Frosta, I don't collect POP.
    Rattlor is en route from BBTS.

Great Unrest Weapons Pack and Cy-Chop arrived today...

Weapons Pack...UNRELENTING GREATNESS!!!! I don't need to add anything to the accolades that have already been heaped upon this great offering. Thank you Scott and 4H!!!

Cy-Chop...As good as the Weapons Pack was, this guy is awful. Terrible. Worst offering of the MOTUC line. Makes me wish I'd ordered Frosta. Garbage.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

i'm STILL waiting for my cychop, which should have been here yesterday. stupid parcel post shipping!!!!!

bc, i'll be more than happy to buy his belt off you.
    Part Needs[/COLOR]: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Got my Rattlor now......He's AWESOME! Great paint job and looks very menacing. Joints were nice and tight. Rattle only works when it wants to but that's ok as I pose them then leave them be. All and all pretty great. Got weapons pack during the DOS. Used some of the stuff, sold and selling the rest. Merman looks awesome with the Green Clawful shield, Zoar is perfect for my TOD Sorceress, Drago needed those flame weapons bad, and the Keldor swords were awesome. All in all a good month for me. (Passed on the other two and not regretting my decision at all!)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Cy-Chop...As good as the Weapons Pack was, this guy is awful. Terrible. Worst offering of the MOTUC line. Makes me wish I'd ordered Frosta. Garbage.
    lol, Big Country is in a mood today!
    Call me crazy but I think he's not only among the best of the 30th, he's one of the best offerings in 2012.

But I will be called crazy for saying: I got Rattlor today, and he's overrated imo. Nice sculpt and all, but...I don't know. My fleeting interest in the Snake Men has plummeted in the past month, so I'm sure there's some internal bias there. He's missing his 200x armor, and looks kind of goofy with the neck piece on. Not crazy about the vintage head either, although it's still done well for what it is, and to his credit Rattlor is the only vintage snake man that actually looks like a snake.
    I love the staff, but it's the only thing about him that makes him seem regal, or like a general.
    Maybe he'll grow on me. Hopefully we'll get the 200x armor someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    Wow that's such a good idea to give Frosta Sub-Zero's sword
    Yes, my Sub Zero (Cold Snap) exploded at the crotch, much like the Goddess (they must have used the same welder ) so I had the weapons saved. I kept the sword and the ice blast which now belongs to Frosta and they look great!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

ive long looked forward to the awesome figure that rattlor is but i just got opened him today and am super bummed that he's molded in blue plastic and painted everywhere but his torso. not at all happy about that. it's a beautiful figure that is almost ruined for me because his head/arms/legs and joints are all painted.

the frosta gray doesnt bother me. im always scared white figures will yellow easily.
    but she does have a very loose bobble head though. and her hands seemed to be gobbed in paint

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Call me crazy but I think he's not only among the best of the 30th, he's one of the best offerings in 2012.

But I will be called crazy for saying: I got Rattlor today, and he's overrated imo. Nice sculpt and all, but...I don't know. My fleeting interest in the Snake Men has plummeted in the past month, so I'm sure there's some internal bias there. He's missing his 200x armor, and looks kind of goofy with the neck piece on. Not crazy about the vintage head either, although it's still done well for what it is, and to his credit Rattlor is the only vintage snake man that actually looks like a snake.
    I love the staff, but it's the only thing about him that makes him seem regal, or like a general.
    I don't have Rattlor yet, so I won't call you crazy!

Cy-Chop is just...a lazy figure. leftover parts from figures that do NOT match in any way, shape or form, god-awful Edward Scissorhands-on-steroids mitts and a head that looks like a Microman reject.

That does NOT a good figure make!

This'll make you grin...Cy-Chop actually made me LIKE Sir Lazer Lot!
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post

I also agree that Cy-Chop is one of the best figures to come out in 2012. I don't get why some people say he's "goofy" or "lazy". I'm sure if Trap-Jaw was a new character he would get called the same and he's one of the most beloved figures from any of the lines. I love him and think he's so bad@$$.

Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    I don't get why some people say he's "goofy" or "lazy".
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Cy-Chop is just...a lazy figure. leftover parts from figures that do NOT match in any way, shape or form, god-awful Edward Scissorhands-on-steroids mitts and a head that looks like a Microman reject.
    I thought it was fairly clear...