Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

I got my figures last week but wasn't able to take pics until today. I got Rattlor, Cy-Chop, Frosta, and the Weapons Pack and they all came in great shape. All the paint decos are good, my Keldor swords come apart, and I'm probably one of the few that can look past Frosta's flaws. I was going to swap her arms but after seeing her in person, I didn't think it was worth the effort. I can't tell that they're reversed and it looks no different than Teela and Evil Lyn's forearms. I considered getting a second Frosta to repaint/correct but I'm glad I didn't.

Rattlor is a great figure that brings back childhood memories. He was one of the few Snake Men that I had as a kid and I prefer to see him without the general armor.

I'm still on the fence about Cy-Chop. He's slowly growing on me so I don't regret adding him to my cart at the last-minute. I still consider him the weakest figure of the lot, though.

The Weapons Pack is a nice set and I had fun mixing the pieces around...

Overall, a good month's worth of figures!

Whoa! I love the horde garter for catra. I might have to steal that.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

MOTUC Most Wanted: General Sunder, Mermista, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Saurod, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ninjor, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Peekablue, Perfuma, Enchantress, Lord Masque.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I'm probably one of the few that can look past Frosta's flaws. I was going to swap her arms but after seeing her in person, I didn't think it was worth the effort. I can't tell that they're reversed and it looks no different than Teela and Evil Lyn's forearms.
    I'm right there with you, but I did have to fix a really loose knee she had out of the package, and her other knee was actually a tiny bit glued, and I had to heat her up and pry it loose....weird....But she is a very nicely sculpted figure, sure the white could be whiter, maybe switch to Clorox next washing or something....but overall, my favorite female in the line. Sorceress would have that honor, but her wing drums knock her to 3rd.

But I did the forearm swap, and was relatively easy, but I also do customs. To me it was very noticeable, and I don't like Teela & EL's bracelets looking reversed either, even though I know they are correct, they just don't look right to me, but nothing I can do to them, because I am not cutting them apart seeing as how they are the only ones I have, small mods, but nothing like that, if I had extras, maybe, but now, no.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I love your photos Micro-Man they almost have this 50s/60s feel about them.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Got Frosta and Rattlor, plus the weapons pack.

Weapons: Keldor sword splits, but the back of each part with the huge pegs/holes looks really bad; I may leave Keldor with the much better designed 200X swords. The rest of the new weapons are great. Only bloopers among the re-hashes are the Teela armor and green club; they are way too close to the originals to reallt be anything but spares. I like the Clawful shield this way, and will likely save it fro Dekker.

Frosta: Wow, that gray is really, REALLY gray; there's no way anyone would interpret it as being white. The saving grace there is that it has a slight blue-ish tint to it that blends with the rest of the figure, but it's definitely a major change from either the Filmation or toy version. The arm switch at the shoulder and hands was quick and easy (upper arms look fine switched, so there is no reason to switch at the elbows). The back of the torso not being painted makes her look like a Chap Mei dollar store toy. And the white joint at the hips under the skirt really shows badly if you try to put her in a pose with her hip thrust to one side. It's great to have the old hip joint there to allow for that pose, but it would have looked a LOT better if the ball joint matched the thigh. The sculpt is top notch, and this could have been a "blow you completely away" figure, but Mattel's corner cutting and inexplicable graying of the white areas (I don't see an blastic on her, even the hands, to account for that) here really brings down a great figure. And having to fix a brand new figure like I did leaves a further bad taste in my mouth. Worse still is that Frosta has topped my list of wanted figures since the line started, and the Horsemen delivered on her as I'd hoped; it was Mattel that dropped the ball badly on the production end. I got an extra knowing the problems and will likely try to re-do her right.

Rattlor: Great figure, with none of the problems of Frosta. They got everything right here, and the neck works quite well as an extra piece. The furry underwear is nice and flexible, so he can assume a nice squat as his head strikes. The only funky thing is the blue disc part of the shoulder joint; it looks odd under the arm, but I understand the need for it as it would look really bad if it wasn't blue on the outer shoulder. Painting the part underneath likely would scrape off easily, so it's something I don't hold against the figure or Mattel.

So it is a pretty good haul, but the bungling on Frosta at the design and production end is very aggravating. Mattel still has the uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the mouth of resounding victory.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Sorry if I'm totally behind, but I hadn't heard anything about this: did anyone else get a new sticker sheet with their Rattlor?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    Sorry if I'm totally behind, but I hadn't heard anything about this: did anyone else get a new sticker sheet with their Rattlor?
    Everybody got one, Balthus D. That's if you're talking about the one with the Great Rebellion stickers (and 1 Time Agents sticker). Well, let me back up. Everybody should have got one with Rattlor.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Ah, okay, cool. I hadn't read anything about it haha. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    I mentioned this before when the card backs were first revealed, but no one said anything....

Ever notice how Rattlor is missing from his own card back? Snake Men, but no Rattlor.....

Conspiracy damn it!!!!
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Got my Cy-Chop today. Unfortunately, there was glue drops on the front of the chest, inside the figure. I will be sending him back for a new one.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Yeah that is totally awesome!!!

+ major creativity points
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm surprised, that the Weapons Pak is still not sold out...

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    For sure me too. I nver thought of that, but that looks great.....

Rattlor kicks ass! wow... amazing figure..

frosta... uh.. that face or eyes are scary, Pass!
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Everybody got one, Balthus D. That's if you're talking about the one with the Great Rebellion stickers (and 1 Time Agents sticker). Well, let me back up. Everybody should have got one with Rattlor.
    The Matty order page says only subscribers got the sticker sheet. Did they go to everybody or just subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    The Matty order page says only subscribers got the sticker sheet. Did they go to everybody or just subscribers?
    Just subscribers, I think. My order was a DOS one and I didn't get the sticker sheet with my Rattlor.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Just subscribers, I think. My order was a DOS one and I didn't get the sticker sheet with my Rattlor.
    Well, that's a good question then. I got my Rattlor from BBTS so I'm assuming they subscribed from Matty to procure their supply. So it is possible that people who bought their Rattlors from Matty on the sale day didn't get a sticker sheet.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Well, that's a good question then. I got my Rattlor from BBTS so I'm assuming they subscribed from Matty to procure their supply. So it is possible that people who bought their Rattlors from Matty on the sale day didn't get a sticker sheet.
    BBTS does take out the subs (thus the sticker sheet I got with Rattlor); I don't know if they supplement that with DOS purchases after the fact.

Got my Cy-Chop from BBTS, and I have to say he's growing on me considerably. THe Frankensteined nature of the figure hearkens back to the filler waves in the original line, and I can honestly see something like Chopper here being in one of those waves. He does fit in quite well with the Horde (given such members as Dragstor). I'm liking him in hand more than I expected to; he's not on the level of Draego or Grayskullman, but he's a good, fun figure (although how those hugely oversized scissors don't qualify as "hyper anime detail" is beyond me).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Finally received my figures today, love Frosta and Rattlor. That extended neck somehow slipped by me, so I was quite surprised when I opened the package. Don't feel anything for Cy-Chop though

Evil Master of Punishment Spankor's Avatar
    Still haven't received mine up here in Canada. This is the longest wait since the first year. Any other Canucks still waiting?

I have just received Rattlor and the weapons pack yesterday. Rattlor is AWESOME. I feel a bit disappointed about the MAA arm cannon, it is cool but is way too heavy. The horde armband is now with Snout Spout, yes! I returned him to his creator!

Opened Rattlor a few days ago. Insane sculpt and paint. Rattle effect awesome nod works perfect.
    I wasnt very interested in snakemen but rattlor has become one of my fav MOTUC

I got my Rattlor a few days ago....Man I LOVE this figure, frosta as well. Outside of Shadow Weaver they are my top figres of the year!

Rattlor: "Hey Snow Flake, you look good enough to eat....Fancy a bite!"

Frosta: You snakes need the warmth of the sun to even move, let alone feed! Well, there is a winter chill in the air today Rattlor....AND I'M IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Your Frosta looks amazing - we need to see bigger pictures

Finally got around to opening my Frosta today. Wow the white bits do look really grey in hand, the pictures online really don't pick up just how grey she's turned out, think I might have to attempt to repaint mine its that grey. On the positive side I think the face and hair look a lot better in hand, so its just the forearms and white paint I need to fix
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26