Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Frosta, Rattlor & Cy-Chop arrival thread

Received my figures last night. In the process of opening them I cut the blister card away from the card back and keep the card back. In my haste to open the figure the scissors slipped and cut open the space between my thumb and forefinger. So I have now shed blood for these toys!

My opinion of the figures: Rattlor is fantastic. Exceeds my expectations by leaps and bounds. CyChop is cool. Frosta for me is my disappointment. Her coloring for me is what disappoints. This was the Rebellion figure I was waiting for as she was my favorite She-ra toy as a kid. The washed out gray just makes her seem dull to me. I am not even going to attempt the forearm switch. I know I am not a customizer nor do I have the skill or patience for it so not even going to try.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

I'm surprised (or at least I haven't seen it yet) that no one's posted a 'how to fix Frosta' guide yet.

Can't wait to get mine in! They should be here today!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I was planning on using the magma set as well, but had nothing in mind as cool as what you did with his right hand. Nice work.
    Thanks! It was a happy accident while mixing things randomly. I also found out that that the half-round part that attaches to the MotUC arms doesn't need to be there - the peg that is compatable with the arms actually comes out of the half-round part! You can stick that peg in anything and make it an item that attaches to arms without the half-round part.

...man, that makes less and less sense when I read it back.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I feel betrayed by anyone who likes Cy-Chop.

JK you can like whomever you wish, I still don't see the appeal. maybe as a kid i would because there's a lot going on, but as an adult it's too busy, so much going onbut no cohesion. as a kid if there was an action feature i would have liked him because he had that. but he wouldn't be a favourite character i know that much.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well the heads aren't anything new; pop off a few other heads from earlier in the line and check out the socket. My first run He-Man head was cast in brown plastic and Wun-Dar's head was cast in black, so that's probably not gona change across the board. It's the random crap like DB Skelly's arms that raise a ruckuss.
    But that's because the heads were part of the molds that actually used that color plastic elsewhere on the figure (in those cases, the loincloth, meaning both pieces were in the same mold); Cy Chop has no actual black pieces, so we are indeed talking about the blastic thing once again.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Had NO problems fixing my reversed forearms on Frosta. Sorry to hear of those that did struggle.
    I use the hair dryer, and just my hands. I find the trick to get the peg back on the elbow is to stretch the loop up as much as you can, while pressing the back of the pin with your thumb, giving the pin as much head room as possible, and then pinch the stretched loop over the pin head. Worked like a charm.

I didn't stop fixing things when I finished the arms...

IMO the sculpt is beautiful as is, she just needed some clean up, and some new hair dye.
    Last edited by Baena; October 18, 2012 at 11:34am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Baena - Looks so good! Did you paint the white on the outfit too? LOVE the hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Baena - Looks so good! Did you paint the white on the outfit too? LOVE the hair.
    Thanks Patrick!
    No on the whites, but I want to eventually. I also wouldn't mind adding some metallic light blue accents on her belt. She really is a gorgeous figure.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post

JK you can like whomever you wish, I still don't see the appeal. maybe as a kid i would because there's a lot going on, but as an adult it's too busy, so much going onbut no cohesion. as a kid if there was an action feature i would have liked him because he had that. but he wouldn't be a favourite character i know that much.
    I think it works for me because "too busy" and "so much going on but no cohesion" are pretty accurate descriptions of the processes of my brain. That, and I guess I never lost the interests I had when I was a kid. I've gained new interests, but didn't lose the old ones. I'll still enjoy articulation more now than I did when I was a kid, but I think both Adult Me and Kid Me can shake hands and agree that Cy-Chop is totally radical.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    But that's because the heads were part of the molds that actually used that color plastic elsewhere on the figure (in those cases, the loincloth, meaning both pieces were in the same mold); Cy Chop has no actual black pieces, so we are indeed talking about the blastic thing once again.
    Duly noted! Hadn't thought of that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Cy-Chop is pretty fantastic now that I have him in my hands.

When he was first shown I remember being irritated about his design.

But, in hand, I have to say I am smitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Had NO problems fixing my reversed forearms on Frosta. Sorry to hear of those that did struggle.
    I use the hair dryer, and just my hands. I find the trick to get the peg back on the elbow is to stretch the loop up as much as you can, while pressing the back of the pin with your thumb, giving the pin as much head room as possible, and then pinch the stretched loop over the pin head. Worked like a charm.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ms/Frosta1.jpg

IMO the sculpt is beautiful as is, she just needed some clean up, and some new hair dye.
    it is a beautiful sculpt, I might actually do the same hair repaint myself. it looks very good. not sure about metallics but it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I think it works for me because "too busy" and "so much going on but no cohesion" are pretty accurate descriptions of the processes of my brain. That, and I guess I never lost the interests I had when I was a kid. I've gained new interests, but didn't lose the old ones. I'll still enjoy articulation more now than I did when I was a kid, but I think both Adult Me and Kid Me can shake hands and agree that Cy-Chop is totally radical.
    See I am still connected to the kid me, as MOTU went on if a character wasn't from the toon first or only had the waist punch action feature, then I had to like the design. if it had a fun action feature, the design didn't matter as much. but since classics has very few 'action features' design plays a HUGE part for unknown characters. thats why Draego was an instant hit for me and why the rest of the 30th figures not so much. i've warmed to photog but again thats based on my accepting the figure as a kid. I didn't really like him back then but I accepted it for what it was.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Got mine today. I actually like cy-chop in hand which is a huge surprise for me. Rattlor is good - I'm always a bit bored with straight vintage upgrades, but he is well done...

The weird thing is Frosta - I haven't seen any complaints about this yet, but both mine and my daughter's are the same way - the left leg (both at the knee and ankle) is so loose that she cannot stand at all no matter how much you try. Am I the only one? I know I seem to be the king of loose joints in the leg (I'm also the only person I know who received two Kobra Kahn figures that cannot stand), but I just give up. After years, Mattel can't figure out how to make figures stand up on their own? Really questioning why I bought extra subs next year to keep the line going...

Edit: Sorry - I'm an idiot. My left, her right. The -right- leg on both Frosta figures is completely loose...
    It's not that bad on mine, but yeah, my Frosta's right leg and ankle are quite loose, as is her other ankle, and this is acutally the first time I've had a problem with loose ankles on a femaile figure. She does stand, but a slight breeze will probably knock her down.

And I do have to say I wish she were a bit lighter overall. I love her entire sculpt (especially dat sweet booty!) but the colors on her whites and hair should have been lighter. I think it doesn't bother me so much cuz it looks cool, but just not appropriate for this character. I do, however, love her weapons! I didn't think I'd display her with either since the wand looked WAY too big in pics, but it's not so huge in person (heyo), and at first I didn't care about the shield since it's just a repaint, but it really does look great and was wonderfully executed.

And yeah, for anyone who hasn't switched her arms yet, do it from the bicep and not the elbow--that pin/joint is just a PAIN!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    ...Oh and what a nice surprise to find my Frosta's forearms are correct. I thought they were all messed up but I guess not.

My October orders seem to be either in Limbo, or enroute through purgatory, they have not moved at all....at least nothing is updated aside from the fact that the label was created....no tracking number to at least look on the USPS site or anything....Why say it's being charged and shipped, if it's still sitting on the damn docks? Usually it's like this for one day, then today I should have seen movement, but nothing....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I'm all too happy to betray you! Love Cy-Chop. He's not my favorite of the Oct figures- that honor goes to Rattlor- but I like him better than Frosta, and I like her quite a bit too, so that's saying something. In fact, between Cy and the much reviled Mighty Spector, I think these are my two favorite 30th figures.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Frosta, Rattlor, Cy-Chop, Weapons Pak, and Voltron Black Lion & Keith ALL arrive today. I can't wait!!!!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Haven't received mine yet, but should be here tomorrow From what I can tell, the Frosta forearm issue is not that big of a deal-(-in comparison pics it was really hard to tell the difference unlike Stinkor +Stinkor didn't even bother me)--not sure why the fervor over this so much If anything it looks like I may need to paint her grays White to make her pop more, but that's not a big deal. Overall,I think I'll be happy with her and Rattlor and Cy-Chop when they get here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I'm all too happy to betray you! Love Cy-Chop. He's not my favorite of the Oct figures- that honor goes to Rattlor- but I like him better than Frosta, and I like her quite a bit too, so that's saying something. In fact, between Cy and the much reviled Mighty Spector, I think these are my two favorite 30th figures.
    y-y-y-YOU MONSTER!!!!!!!!!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    My October orders seem to be either in Limbo, or enroute through purgatory, they have not moved at all....at least nothing is updated aside from the fact that the label was created....no tracking number to at least look on the USPS site or anything....Why say it's being charged and shipped, if it's still sitting on the damn docks? Usually it's like this for one day, then today I should have seen movement, but nothing....
    Maybe its taking a vacation @ Sweeden!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    ...Oh and what a nice surprise to find my Frosta's forearms are correct. I thought they were all messed up but I guess not.
    Meaning they assembled her incorrectly according to the molds, which means they are assembled correctly according to her design. So putting her together wrong means she came out right.

Anyone else's head hurting?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Teela doesn't look too happy - great job as always - was kinda waiting for your repaint

Well my stuff came today and in the process of trying to fix Frosta found out the pegs were warped, she wouldn't go back together and so finally I just cut the arms and will glue them later. I'm just so annoyed at how excessively Mattel cuts corners. Look at the hover board that they are now allowing people to back out of. Look at the use of black plastic or the cheaper plastics used as a "cost-saving" measure. Who is actually responsible for the final product we get in hand because according to Scott he can't control 75% of what happens to this line. I'm just beyond annoyed right now that a product that was delayed already STILL arrives defective and we are told we have to deal with it or take a refund. Unless that thank you gift is a correct Frosta, it won't appease me. I'll take it but I am completely disgusted with Mattel.

Got my package today. Frosta's arms are on correct, but I am disappointed in the gray color that was supposed to be white. Rattlor is so cool. He is standing with The Horde today sporting his armband and Cy-Chop's belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I got Rattlor, Frosta and a broken Black Lion today. Rattlor is great. I can't tell that Frosta's forearms are backwards. The one front leg on my lion does not lock in place and a little piece of black plastic fell out of that arm.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Cy-Chop is pretty fantastic now that I have him in my hands.

When he was first shown I remember being irritated about his design.

But, in hand, I have to say I am smitten.
    Yea I just opened mine and I love him... he's my favorite 30th after Draego, He's fun that u can change out both hands. Mine has a lil crack in his back... but I don't wanna send him back to get an even worse replacement. I pressed on it really hard, but the crack did not spread so I think I'm good... chalk it up to battle damage!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!