Thread: Filmation cartoons - Did anyone figure out the Secret Identity?

Filmation cartoons - Did anyone figure out the Secret Identity?

My son and I were watching my season 1 DVDs today and he asked me if during any of the Filmation series, if anyone figured out the He-Man/Prince Adam secret identity. Can anyone point me to the episode(s) if this is true? Thanks in advance!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

In MOTU season 2, episode 20 "The Rainbow Warrior" it seems that Queen Marlena knows about Adam's secret.
    In POP season 1, episode 55 "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand", Loo-Kee finds out about She-Ra and He-Man secret identities.

I seem to recall Zodac knew his secret. Maybe that's just the 200x cartoon I'm remembering.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I seem to recall Zodac knew his secret. Maybe that's just the 200x cartoon I'm remembering.
    No, Zodac refers to He-Man as Adam when speaking to the Sorceress at the start of S1E36 "The Search."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    They need to not have secret identities, they are the royal family, if they cant protect Eternia then they shouldnt be all regal and stuff.

Besides who's gonna mess with 'Prince He-Man', other than an idiot.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    They need to not have secret identities, they are the royal family, if they cant protect Eternia then they shouldnt be all regal and stuff.

Besides who's gonna mess with 'Prince He-Man', other than an idiot.
    Back in the day (late 90s), I had a two-part explanation for the secret identity:
    1. Skeletor's primary focus is Castle Grayskull; the Eternian government is distinctly secondary. Keeping a distinction between the Royal Family and He-Man keeps him from turning all his attention on the royals and helps split his focus a bit;
    2. The secret identities were as much for the twins' sake as for their family's. Adam needed to learn patience and humility--I was taking a lead from the DC comics for how he was acting before and when he received the Power of Grayskull. Adora needed a chance at a life of her own if she wasn't going to become embittered and war-weary or wind up becoming a tyrant like Hordak.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I understand that methos, but I have come to beleive a different idea, that Skeletor is mainly after the throne of Randor and is uninterested in GreySkull.

..(this is because I took the 'spirit of Greyskull' out of my plot, leaving only two questions to ask of Skeletor, what is anyone really looking for in Greyskull, whats in there..? and what makes Skeletor who he is, individualy and as a group..?)

..(eventualy you need to see Skeletor as a blood magic character and the Sorceress as a rock magic character, and understand that neither have a goal involving the other)

Heroic Warrior
    Eternian-King Paul, you really need to stop mixing your fan-fic ideas with conversations about shows and things that happen on them. Blood magic and rock magic discussions are silly and pointless.