Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only 3 others share this secret? Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Not if some force, saaaay power of Grayskull, prevents them...
    Must confess I've never liked that idea, it kind of makes the whole secret pointless. I always just assumed Adam and He-Man just didn't look as much alike as they were drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosquitor View Post
    Must confess I've never liked that idea, it kind of makes the whole secret pointless. I always just assumed Adam and He-Man just didn't look as much alike as they were drawn.
    Those who would witness his transformation would see the truth.

Those who don't, they just see He-Man differently (as implied by DC limited issue series when He-Man wondered about what prevents his parents from realizing that he's Adam and in Marvel/Star Comics issue 3 where Hordak ranted about how Adam looks nothing like He-Man and therefor can't be He-Man).

Filmation cartoons - Did anyone figure out the Secret Identity?

My son and I were watching my season 1 DVDs today and he asked me if during any of the Filmation series, if anyone figured out the He-Man/Prince Adam secret identity. Can anyone point me to the episode(s) if this is true? Thanks in advance!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

In MOTU season 2, episode 20 "The Rainbow Warrior" it seems that Queen Marlena knows about Adam's secret.
    In POP season 1, episode 55 "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand", Loo-Kee finds out about She-Ra and He-Man secret identities.

I seem to recall Zodac knew his secret. Maybe that's just the 200x cartoon I'm remembering.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    I seem to recall Zodac knew his secret. Maybe that's just the 200x cartoon I'm remembering.
    No, Zodac refers to He-Man as Adam when speaking to the Sorceress at the start of S1E36 "The Search."

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    They need to not have secret identities, they are the royal family, if they cant protect Eternia then they shouldnt be all regal and stuff.

Besides who's gonna mess with 'Prince He-Man', other than an idiot.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    They need to not have secret identities, they are the royal family, if they cant protect Eternia then they shouldnt be all regal and stuff.

Besides who's gonna mess with 'Prince He-Man', other than an idiot.
    Back in the day (late 90s), I had a two-part explanation for the secret identity:
    1. Skeletor's primary focus is Castle Grayskull; the Eternian government is distinctly secondary. Keeping a distinction between the Royal Family and He-Man keeps him from turning all his attention on the royals and helps split his focus a bit;
    2. The secret identities were as much for the twins' sake as for their family's. Adam needed to learn patience and humility--I was taking a lead from the DC comics for how he was acting before and when he received the Power of Grayskull. Adora needed a chance at a life of her own if she wasn't going to become embittered and war-weary or wind up becoming a tyrant like Hordak.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    I understand that methos, but I have come to beleive a different idea, that Skeletor is mainly after the throne of Randor and is uninterested in GreySkull.

..(this is because I took the 'spirit of Greyskull' out of my plot, leaving only two questions to ask of Skeletor, what is anyone really looking for in Greyskull, whats in there..? and what makes Skeletor who he is, individualy and as a group..?)

..(eventualy you need to see Skeletor as a blood magic character and the Sorceress as a rock magic character, and understand that neither have a goal involving the other)

Heroic Warrior
    Eternian-King Paul, you really need to stop mixing your fan-fic ideas with conversations about shows and things that happen on them. Blood magic and rock magic discussions are silly and pointless.

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar

Only three (or four) others share this secret...

I recall the first time I saw Zodac make an appearance on the show. Did anyone else expect to see an update to the intro on the next episode? I understand his roll and what He-Man says after introducing the three others that share the secret may not exactly fit with Zodac's position (although that never occured to me back then) but, nonetheless, I expected a fourth friend to be added to the intro from then on. Of course, that portion of the intro remained unchanged however that didn't stop me from saying, "and Zodac" quietly to myself after everytime He-Man finished with saying, "and Orko".
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Widget

(a joke) He-man's opening credits CONTAINS A MISTAKE! please correct via Youtube

the opening theme of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe states only has 3 others share his secret. this is TOTALLY INCORRECT. people who are omitted from the opening credits :

1) ATTAK TRAK. I mean come on the guy changes right in front of the vehicle all the time.

2) He-Mans own mother - SHE UNTIED ADAM FIRST! and said something like "come on you don't think i know my own son"

3) Princess Janice, A trip to Morainia, she obviously saw adam change into he-man. Prince Adam was able to make sure no one else knew, because no one listens to their sisters anyway despite what the moral of the story was.

4) Everyone in town - A Friend in Need - prince adam is falling, hits terminal velocity - changes into he-man and no one in town can see him transform while he is falling to his death ?

5) Zodac

this is just like gilligan's island, someone should fix the credits and post them on youtube and give these characters equal billing just like the professor and mary ann.

while i am trolling i would like to know how Sprit found the time to grab the power sword, change into Swift Wind, and sneak away from Princess Adora / She-Ra, and find himself a girlfriend as seen in "Swifty's Baby" without Princess Adora / She-ra knowing about it!!!

Heroic Warrior
    In my opinion, EVERYONE in the show should suspect it. Isn't it obvious He-Man and Adam look too much alike to be two different people?
    Has anyone noticed how SHE RA,s costume almost totally distracts you into thinking she is a different person . I only ever notice its still Adora when she removed her Tiara . Its possible Eternians note the similarities of HeMan and Prince Adam but then they hear the loud booming voice and darker skin and hair tone . Then there is that big Iron Cross on His harness .

Try to imagine we do not know about Heman and Prince Adam being one and the same . From a toy perspective we would probably just accept it because they keep using similar molds all the time . We would probably think "hey thats rather cheapo of them ............ just like that Fakor toy . My father loved loved saying that i was buying the same doll over and over with just a different paint job and head .

We dont question Fakor is related to Heman . We accept they are separate entity,s because the cartoon / comics told us .

Oh brains can work funny . They look for clues and patterns . I am sure i am not the first person to make an identity mistake regarding siblings . Not even talking about twins. I mean just a brother or sister one year older or younger.

I would say its possible .

You could add Spirit/Swift Wind and Broom to the list.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

OTHER PRIORITIES: Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian & Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey & Squall Starburst She-Ra Scratchin' Sound Catra Grot Caz & Drissi Crystal Moonbeam Crystal Sun Dancer Meliac NA Prince Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Karg Kowla Red Eye

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Stampede View Post
    Hahaha, really? I must watch that!

I love Panthor. One of my favourite characters, I don't know why but despite his genuinely sinister appearance, I always get a laugh out of him. He's like Cringers evil idiot cousin.

Does Panthor react to this at all? Can you remember?
    LOL! That's funny

Widget
    there was one more. i would have to watch every single episode to find him.

it goes like this. he-man and this guy are out of town doing he-man stuff. the guy who is with he-man is standing next to him.
    along comes orko and cringer in attack trak. cringer meets up with he-man. he-man says something like you better make yourself more useful. while this other guy is standing next to he-man, he-man grabs his power sword and changes cringer into battle cat directly in front of and in plain sight of this guy.

Even BCI's Orko's Fun Facts pointed out that Attack Trak seems to be privy to He-Man's secret. MYP in a way did clear up how Orko knows. Would have been nice to know why Madam Razz and Kowl are part of the secret keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by rigorkrad View Post
    4) Everyone in town - A Friend in Need - prince adam is falling, hits terminal velocity - changes into he-man and no one in town can see him transform while he is falling to his death ?
    That's not necessarily true. They saw someone falling from a great height. That doesn't mean they could make out who it was. And with the pyrotechnics of the transformation, they wouldn't have been able to see him change even if they had been watching at that moment.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Is it possible the Oracle (from 'Teela's Quest') and Skytree (from 'Dragon's Gift') know the secret ?

The Oracle seens to knows everything in Eternia while the second one, probably knows about the twin's prophecy.....

It makes me wonder - if Marlena knew about Adam, did she know of Adora's secret too? Has someone answered this already?

Ahhh too funny this thread !!!

my hope he-man will continue to keep his secret identity, its an established point of the myth, I dont see adam or even adora having an easy life without their secret counterparts
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

"The most powerful MOVIE in the universe" (fingers crossed)

Widget

Which characters are aware of Adam's true identity in the original series?

I know in the intro, they say that He-Man's secret is only known to the Sorceress, Man-At-Arms, and Orco. I recently watched an episode, where the Queen indicates she is aware of her son's secret. And obviously his sister Princess Adora knows as well. Are there any other characters that ever hint at knowing the secret?