Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Masters of the Universe Digital Comic #7 - Trap-Jaw *SPOILERS*

Masters of the Universe Digital Comic #7 - Trap-Jaw *SPOILERS*

The new digital comic has arrived ... and the art is quite good for a change
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    yeah after Orko's fiasco it was highly needed!
    and yes,at the same time it clarifies a bit better Evil-lyn' purposes.
    identity of the mysterious soldier fallen in disgrace then seduced by her.Amazing!

It's nice to see how the different threads of the story are coming together.

This isn't my favourite version of Trap Jaw's origin, though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow, this issue ties to alot of the other issues!

Trap Jaw is actually intelligent...I like how he used to be a short sighted crook until his "accident" changed his perspective on information gathering.
    Nolar Blak set those guys up and Kronis got his revenge on Blak through Evil-Lyn.
    Kronis sabotaged Skeletor's plan because HE wanted revenge on He-Man.

That reveal of He-Man was epic! However, I wish Kronis lost his jaw through combat, rather than He-Man maiming him by throwing a dismantled gun at him while he was fleeing.

Pretty good issue and we start to get some continuity with the Evil-Lyn and Man-At-Arms issues (all the issues that Kyle Higgins wrote). I guess Higgins is the continuity guy here. Everyone else seems to be self contained.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 13, 2012 at 08:21am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's nice to see how the different threads of the story are coming together.

This isn't my favourite version of Trap Jaw's origin, though.
    Indeed, I still prefer the one from Icon's of Evil. But now we know why that strange lizard appeared in issue 2.
    Anyway, I rather enjoyed it. The art was good (aside from the very last panel) and the dialogue wasn't too atrocious ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Good issue! Tied most of the previous issues together.
    I didn't think it was clear what happened to the blaster HM threw at Kronis though, did it over load or just randomly go off
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Good issue. Evil-Lyn's skin colour seems to be pale human colour after all, that purple must have been some sort of crazy light effect?

I keep forgetting about these. I'm so out of touch with MOTU happenings these past few months.

I thought orko was more of a comedy comic. I thought the puppets were funny. This is more in line with the rest. The man at arms is my favorite so far
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

That reveal of He-Man was epic! .
    Just for a second, I thought He-Man stole my Undisputed Championship Belt !

SUCH an awful design ! Hopefully, Mattel Never..... Ever makes this version. Even if it pops up, this will be ONLY He-Man variant that I am NEVER going to get !

Evil-Lyn on the other hand............. !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Good issue. The writing and flow of this one felt the best.

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    I really enjoyed this comic, the story was well put together and we have a bit of continuity now, the art work was much improved and I like the new He-Man, not too thrilled about the sword hilt however, but that's just a wee nit-pick.

Heroic Warrior
    Man I'd love to read these but I can open my comixology account gahhhhhhhhhh,

We finally get a good clean image of the new Evil Lyn design, which did not look to bad compared to the other times we've seen her.

I'm so over nanites, they so over used in sci-fi, the are used to explain everything, I hate it.

Other than that I like the issue, it's great to see the story starting to connect together.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Fantastic that my favourite character gets the best artwork to date.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    We finally get a good clean image of the new Evil Lyn design, which did not look to bad compared to the other times we've seen her.

I'm so over nanites, they so over used in sci-fi, the are used to explain everything, I hate it.

Other than that I like the issue, it's great to see the story starting to connect together.
    While the art was solid and the story connected some dots, I think it is one of the weaker comics by DC.
    Not a fan of this origin story at all. It felt too random. The icons of evil origin where Skeletor crippled him and beat him to within an inch of his life, had some strong impact on several characters and helped shaping them. BTW in the last shot Trap Jaw looked too much like Leech...
    That maw...
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think this might be my favourite! Just read it now and I like it has some continuity - also I think Evil-Lyn looks great here.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

There's still something I like about the mini-comic version where he's a inter-dimensional super-criminal from a sci-fi setting that happened upon a sword and sorcery land by pure chance.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    In my own canon he originally was a member of the space-mutants who stranded on Eternia after being sucked through a wormhole . He allied himself with Keldor who later crippled him. This connects the inter-dimensional space criminal angle of the Mini comic, New Adventures AND the icons of evil origin.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Great to see DC getting back into the storyline. I really enjoyed this comic.

A very good issue, and like the other digital shorts (minus the Orko thing), it's better than the regular series. MUCH better! Great artwork in this one as well.
    He-Man looks EPIC in this issue, and I cannot believe that people don't like how he looks. It's probably the best He-Man design since the vintage heyday.
    This isn't my favourite Trap Jaw origin, but it's not the worst, either. A well done story.

Good tie-in but I vastly prefer MVC's Origin & even the Mini-Comic origin to this.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 7.21.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

NEW! MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    He-Man throws a gun at Kronis' face and he becomes Trap-Jaw? Nah. That won't do. I prefer the Icons of Evil origin. I do like that this DC Trap-Jaw is more intelligent though.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Heroic Warrior
    It looks like this story confirms that the Skeletor and his warriors know that He-Man is Prince Adam in the DC miniseries. In issue #2 of the series, Trap-Jaw is saying he is getting revenge on Adam for what happened to him, which is shown in this one-shot.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    In my own canon he originally was a member of the space-mutants who stranded on Eternia after being sucked through a wormhole . He allied himself with Keldor who later crippled him. This connects the inter-dimensional space criminal angle of the Mini comic, New Adventures AND the icons of evil origin.
    More depth with any character is always appreciated, but He-Man causing Trap Jaw's disfigurement was just goofy. I'm also liking the idea of Kronis being an ex-Space Mutant. This is Masters of the *Universe* after all. It's not just about Eternia.