Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masters of the Universe Digital Comic #7 - Trap-Jaw *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    But you said in Issue 2, meaning the Man-At-Arms issue. I never saw a lizard in that.
    Issue 2 of the regular series
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

This certainly was the best art so far from these digital comics. With that said…a discarded gun? REALLY?? MVC's Icons of Evil: Trapjaw was FAR superior to this!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The Icons of Evil issue was MUCH better, but this was a fun read regardless. Bring on more MOTU Comics!!!! I picked up issue 3 of the printed MOTU mini-series today and am looking forward to reading it tonight

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Issue 2 of the regular series
    Oh. That's better! Thanks for clarifying.

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Bring on more MOTU Comics!!!! I picked up issue 3 of the printed MOTU mini-series today and am looking forward to reading it tonight
    Prepare to shrug.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Just read issue #7 and yes, the art work was great in this one and I enjoyed the continuity with both MAA and Evil-Lyn stories.
    That bit about how Kronis lost his jaw was in fact underwhelming, it did not have nearly the same impact as the Icons of Evil one. Having He-Man throw that gun makes him look too careless and reckless, and he just had to fight 3 terrified bandits. I liked how Skeletor looked in this one, much more menacing in his facial depiction and not bloated at all. Evil-Lyn is not purple skinned, double points! All in all a good read! I like these much better than the 6 part series, I just can't get into it after the first one.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Didn't leave an impression on me to be honest. Next!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Oh. That's better! Thanks for clarifying.
    You're welcome
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Man, that Orko issue gets some hate, lol. I really liked that one, as I have liked them all. This one did seem to tie them together.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    Just read issue #7 and yes, the art work was great in this one and I enjoyed the continuity with both MAA and Evil-Lyn stories.
    That bit about how Kronis lost his jaw was in fact underwhelming, it did not have nearly the same impact as the Icons of Evil one. Having He-Man throw that gun makes him look too careless and reckless, and he just had to fight 3 terrified bandits.

Yeah really! Doesn't the defender of Castle Greyskull have better things to do than foil a minor raid?

Icons of Evil showed Kronis to be very tough, resourceful & capable. The war between his army & Skeletor's was awesome. The fight between the two - & Kronis' unbreakable spirit (despite being horribly mutilated) made for a very interesting story.

In comparison, this one was UTTER nonsense. I'm even more annoyed at it today than I was yesterday. The story is literally insulting.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagledmasters View Post
    Ok - I'd like clarify what I meant when I said "lazy writing". I feel it's like it's long overdue for the fans that have been around forever to be able to enjoy the newer stories. I would find them more enjoyable as something I've waited years for, if they were based from the canon of the older ones. That takes research, and their choice to not build off of the old stories seems lazy to me. I don't want to be re-told any of the old stories, but I would like the older stories to be used (respected?) as canon. We have had so little story development in the first place, and there isn't that much old canon. Kronis is barely given any character except for a few moments (cartoon, comics, etc), and now we have to hit the reset button on him again?
    I'm still not seeing the "lazy" part in this. Who's to say that the powers that be at DC didn't make a conscious decision to ignore what came before? Truthfully, I'm pretty sure that's the reason behind the new origin for Trap-Jaw. This is DC's take on Masters of the Universe. Films do it all the time when they adapt pre-existing material. Be it at the whim of the writer, director, producer, marketing etc. You might call it arrogance but lazy isn't the right word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    I have to wonder why the people of Mattel allow the continuity of the MOTU storylines to be stepped on and ruined by outside parties on a regular basis... it is rediculous. The storylines and art of these digital comics are pure crap.
    Only your personal opinion and I think the overall response on each issue so far (except maybe #1) has been positive. As for the continuity thing and Mattel, I doubt they care as long as it makes them money. Look at Hasbro and Transformers. The Transformers mythos has at least 10 different continuities and it's probably the most popular of the 80's toy franchises.

Okay so now I feel like hypocrite because after I just defended the book, I must admit I didn't like it much. Not a fan of the little robo-beasties that comprise Trap-Jaw's metal parts. Also, feel this origin is much weaker than the Icons of Evil origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I absolutely hated this comic. I have no problem with new origin stories being created for characters like Trap-Jaw, but this one was amateur, at best. I especially hated that He-Man is shown as being the one who did this to him. Kronis didn't even fire a shot in that comic, so what happens to him is unjustified. The fact that He-Man would leave him mortally injured to go off chasing another bandit is revolting to me. This is suppose to be a He-Man comic; not Judge Dredd!
    Yeah, I think this was my biggest gripe with the issue. There's no way to make He-Man's actions look good in this. One can only assume that He-Man is either:
    a) ruthless
    b) careless
    c) a moron

None of these are acceptable portrayals in my opinion. I could've accepted he made a mistake but he didn't even bother looking for the guy whose jaw he just knocked off.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net