Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Please Include Grayskull Robot/Torture Rack/ETC with Castle Grayskull Thread

200X Grayskull weapons.

Since we've already got the vintage weapons rack, I think it would be cool to include one or two of the 200X Grayskull weapons with this new set. They had some pretty cool items in there; many of which I'm using now with the MotUC figures. Would be cool to have some newly sculpted ones in a vintage style!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    For $250 I'd quite like to see four walls, but I think that is highly unlikely. I will be buying one, possibly more than one, but I do think the price is very high for a couple of pieces of punched aluminium and a few accessories.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

I think with the price point of $250... Being made in china I'm pretty sure they are making a killing on this. So to include the Astronaunt wouldnt hurt there pocket book. Use parts that are already out there. I'm not asking for a newly super sculpted figure. The only piece they might have to make would be the helmet. And hey it could be Matt mason.........
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Tentacles and claws to stick into peg holes coming out of that dark cage door pit right inside the door
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I personally wanted a few more Filmation touches like the skull throne for the Sorceress, her magic mirror, and perhaps a portal door.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I personally wanted a few more Filmation touches like the skull throne for the Sorceress, her magic mirror, and perhaps a portal door.
    I'd love that! A throne for the Sorceress would be awesome! But I guess they'll stick with the original throne (possibly to allow for Zodac's chair later...)

As for the torture table, I've never heard of that before! Doesn't sound too much kid friendly

Don't care much about the Astronaut by the way but I understand that many fans would be pleased with this figure. Wouldn't it increase the costs though?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I'm hoping that what was shown was a bare minimum of what the castle will come with (meaning they know they can produce this as is for under $250) and they plan on adding things as they get a better idea of what the true production price of the castle as shown on the B sheet will be. I think they might have a few extras planned to incorporate as they develop the castle more. We also know from the description that they are including some items that are not shown on the B sheet.

I know this community is very forgiving and understanding when something has to be cut due to cost, but I'm sure they wanted to spare us that pain in regards to Castle Grayskull,, and would rather add to it rather than take away. I can only imagine what would happen on this, and other boards, if they showed us the Grayskull robot in figure form and then had to cut it due to production costs!

I am fine with it as is and I bet the other things will be diorama pieces sold separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I think with the price point of $250... Being made in china I'm pretty sure they are making a killing on this. So to include the Astronaunt wouldnt hurt there pocket book. Use parts that are already out there. I'm not asking for a newly super sculpted figure. The only piece they might have to make would be the helmet. And hey it could be Matt mason.........
    Ha the fact it is being produced in China in no way means they are making a huge killing on it. They prob do not make any more margins on this than they do on other items in the line. Nearly ALL figures for EVERY toy line is made in China. If they were not then we wouldn't even be able to buy toys because the cost would be way way too high.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Amen to that

Please include a mini Spirit of the Castle, ghostbusters-style!

And throw the filmation fans a couple of pieces. Like the portal, or an interchangeable sorceress throne.

I think it'd be neat if they made some of the pieces of the Castle easy to take off and on so that they could sell "upgrade" packs for the Castle. They could have one with Filmation details and maybe one with 200X details. That could be a lot of fun.

A neat bonus would have been King Grayskull cast in smokey gray translucent plastic. He could be a pre-order bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Please include a mini Spirit of the Castle, ghostbusters-style!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...rsecomic21.jpg
    The Spirit of the Castle would be awesome indeed!!!

I hope they can still elongate the mouth a bit further and get some more of the prototype look into it. It would be great if the mouth piece could be interchangeable with another set of more organic looking, dripping stalactite teeth like in the prototype / early mini-comics. After all, it was a point which TG advertised the design with, but now it seems to have disappeared completely in favour of the boxart (not that I don't like Rudy's masterpiece, on the contrary, but we are getting that look already from the Icon Heroes castle).

I would also have preferred to see a bit more of the moat and the chasm around the castle, but since that doesn't appear to be happening maybe there could be some kind of terrain / diorama expansion pack with rocks, treetrunks, moat dwelling creatures, etc ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Castle Grayskull Astronaut

How awesome would it be to have that piece of cardboard in figure form. And be included in the castle Grayskull. Maybe just maybe if we're loud enough they can include him. Let's be loud and show Mattel that this should be done.

Honestly, I do want this but would rather see it done as regular monthly figure release- so that they can go all out and include extra weapons and bits with him. If he comes with the Castle, that's taking away from other things- I'd rather have artifacts/objects/etc come with Castle Grayskull and save something that's 6" figure-sized for a monthly offering.

Heroic Warrior
    Castle Grayskull Astronaut

How awesome would it be to have that piece of cardboard in figure form. And be included in the castle Grayskull. Maybe just maybe if we're loud enough they can include him. Let's be loud and show Mattel that this should be done.
    I looked everywhere for that robot/astronaut on Castle Grayskull blueprints, but guess what ? I was unable to find it... That's very sad, because I know some fans really want it.

I also would like a Grayskull-naut. He's out of this world!

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    save something that's 6" figure-sized for a monthly offering.
    ... outside of the subscription, I hope
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Castle Grayskull robot
    Sorceress' Mirror/Portal
    3-D Flags (made of PVC or vinyl)
    Translucent Spirit of Grayskull that can be swapped with dome minaret (since it usually appears above CG)
    Attachments to add onto CG. Something to add on Point Dread for example, or other separate dioramas (He-ro tombstone). I know TG said the Weapons Rack only did okay for sales, but that was before the real possibility of a CG playset was known.

Would love the Filmation throne, but it would probably be too big (to accommodate the Sorceress' wings), so it would cost out.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Would love the Filmation throne, but it would probably be too big (to accommodate the Sorceress' wings), so it would cost out.
    I think it could work. The skull could fit into where the dome is. There's probably even room for a few stairs. Her mirror could be next to that.

I do like the way it's setup now, but that could make a nice diorama add-on set.

Heroic Warrior
    I want several things

1. Two entrance facade for the greyskull face with the door. That way you can have have whichever version you want.

I wanted the filmation version. Ive already got two vintage inspired toy versions. I want something different.

2. Add on diamara pieces to make a complete enclosed structure. Seriously I thought mattel said that it would be a 4 walled building and not
    a two sided toy.

I want add on diarama pieces to make the scenes from the filmation cartoon.
    I want the abyss beneath the sorceress throne with the stairs building up to her level.
    I want the giant magic mirror and the outer wall pillars (or whatever you call the ledges) iin other words the structures holding up the exterior of the entire
    fortress over the abyss. Id like the drawbridge to be able to stretch the length of the chasm.

It is more mysterious, and interesting to me as a longtime motu fan. I want wallhooks to add and buid onto the design and other parts to enrich the display.

I would say the same for the other 4 vintage playsets as well as far as using a mixture of elements from all versions of each but mainly sticking to the filmation designs and ideals.

I want the point dread extension set and trap doors.
    I want the spirit rooms with torches and large hallways and eeverything prominent from the myp and filmation series.
    Last edited by hordedestiny; October 14, 2012 at 11:19pm.
    Ask me about my power. I bring new meaning to the phrase superhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Honestly, I do want this but would rather see it done as regular monthly figure release- so that they can go all out and include extra weapons and bits with him. If he comes with the Castle, that's taking away from other things- I'd rather have artifacts/objects/etc come with Castle Grayskull and save something that's 6" figure-sized for a monthly offering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ... outside of the subscription, I hope
    ???

Why should the Grayskull spacesuit (or robot?) come outside of the subscription. This figure is as deserving a regular subscription slot as Vikor or Demo-Man or Dekker ... or the Fighting Foe Men.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    ???

Why should the Grayskull spacesuit (or robot?) come outside of the subscription. This figure is as deserving a regular subscription slot as Vikor or Demo-Man or Dekker ... or the Fighting Foe Men.
    In my personal opinion, he's as much deserving of a figure as Josh or the Tug-O'-Warrior. Besides, offering him outside the subscription doesn't hurt the subscribers who want him in the least, since there's subscriber's first access now. It does however, give the subscribers a chance of passing on him

I stongly believe that the Grayskull robot/spacesuit will be coming as a seperate figure. Every detail from the original Castle Grayskull has been included in this new version except for two things: the weapons rack and the robot/spacesuit. The weapons rack was already released as a seperate item. The elevator (even the little gargoyle thingie on the string), the throne, the banner, creature-grate, and both computer terminals are in the new Grayskull. So why would they leave out such an iconic item? I'm sure it's coming as a seperate item, and no better way to do that than as a figure.

I would rather it not be included with the Castle Grayskull playset, though, so they can keep costs down.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'd love the robot/spacesuit. But if it comes down to cost, I feel that it would be fine if this part was moved to a figure pack because some of the other must haves like the "alcove" cannot be done this way.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Mattel, please avoid using black plastic that is painted over for this playset. I don't want to spend a lot of money for something that will chip or scratch off before I even get it in the mail.

Also, I would love to see the training equipment that was originally designed for this playset. A picture of it is displayed in the Power and Honor book.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; October 15, 2012 at 12:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Mattel, please avoid using black plastic that is painted over for this playset. I don't want to spend a lot of money for something that will chip or scratch off before I even get it in the mail.
    I sincerely hope this won't be an issue since Grayskull couldn't be sharing parts with anything other than more Grayskulls.

I do hope we get all that training equipment, though. Astronautguy, I'd love to see with or without the castle. da Vinciesque jetpack? Meh. And as I said elsewhere, that rack would most likely just be used for Frankenstein-style Grayskullman storage in my castle.

I'm okay without the Filmation stuff, but I would've loved to've seen it.