Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Please Include Grayskull Robot/Torture Rack/ETC with Castle Grayskull Thread

Heroic Warrior
    I had to look it up to refresh my memory. Don't need him but I'll take him.

I cannot wait for actual sculpted versions of all the other 2d components that came with the OGCG.

Nah, leave it out. Put all the resources towards the actual castle.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    We had Scott on Gooble this past Sunday. I know Val is still a bit behind in editing epsiodes, so I'm not sure when it will be online. But we specifically discussed the Astronaut Armor.

Per Scott, they won't be making him a full figure included with the Castle. He said in order to make him an action figure, it would count as a new SKU, and the Castle Grayskull SKU is not set up to include an action figure.

He says that they know demand is high for it, and they are looking at the possibilites of how they will accomplish it. He says if they make it a full action figure, he'll be released as an action figure with his own packaging in one of the monthly slots. However, he also mentioned other possibilities, such as including a non-articulated piece or possibly selling it in an add-on pack later on, similar to how they released the Weapons Rack.

He didn't have a definite answer on it yet, but what we know for sure is that it will not be a full action figure included with Grayskull.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    We had Scott on Gooble this past Sunday. I know Val is still a bit behind in editing epsiodes, so I'm not sure when it will be online. But we specifically discussed the Astronaut Armor.

Per Scott, they won't be making him a full figure included with the Castle. He said in order to make him an action figure, it would count as a new SKU, and the Castle Grayskull SKU is not set up to include an action figure.

He says that they know demand is high for it, and they are looking at the possibilites of how they will accomplish it. He says if they make it a full action figure, he'll be released as an action figure with his own packaging in one of the monthly slots. However, he also mentioned other possibilities, such as including a non-articulated piece or possibly selling it in an add-on pack later on, similar to how they released the Weapons Rack.

He didn't have a definite answer on it yet, but what we know for sure is that it will not be a full action figure included with Grayskull.
    Did he sound optimistic about Grayskull coming to fruition? What does "right on track" mean?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Did he sound optimistic about Grayskull coming to fruition? What does "right on track" mean?
    Yep. He said sales so far are about where he expected them to be at this time, and he knows we can hit the minimum.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Snappy Threader
    I'm for it. Heck they could use most of the tooling for a Major Matt Mason line down the road......

I hope they end up going for a bonus figure and not just a fully sculpted accessory. Nice that he is aware of the demand
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

1. Always thought it was armor or at most a robot. Not a full-fledged character.

2. I want it but I'm also realsitic about it. I have no expectations that it would be included in Castle Grayskull.

3. I'm all for them making it a separate sku down the road but only if it is a fully articulated figure (SDCC anyone???). He mentioned that it may not be articulated in which case I have no interest in purchasing it separately and if that were the case than it should be included with Grayskull. Anything not articulated should be included otherwise we'd be getting all kinds of add-on packs (purchase the ladder!, Purchase the throne!, etc). The weapons rack being the exception only because at that point we didn't know Castle Grayskull was coming.

4. Just purchased it today!!!

Thanks Dan well at least we may get something.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

...he also mentioned other possibilities, such as including a non-articulated piece or possibly selling it in an add-on pack later on, similar to how they released the Weapons Rack.
    Personally, I would be completely happy with a non-articulated piece. That would basically be the same cardboard cutout from the castle only on steroids. I never really thought of it as an actual character, anyway...it's more like an empty suit of armor that's on display.
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'd rather they put every dime into making CG as cool as possible and release this as an exclusive down the road like they did with the weapon rack.
    This.

No offense to anyone, but I really don't see the appeal of this figure at all. I had vintage CG and remember the cutout but it holds no "nostalgia-ness" to me. I can think of 100 different figures I'd like more before the line ends.

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Personally, I would be completely happy with a non-articulated piece. That would basically be the same cardboard cutout from the castle only on steroids. I never really thought of it as an actual character, anyway...it's more like an empty suit of armor that's on display.
    No way. A non-articulated version would be as lame as the cringer we received.

I want this to take a SKU slot and be a proper figure!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I would be a bit leery of adding TOOOOOO much 'character' stuff in the castle. A place for CastleGrayskulman.... a place for the weapon rack... a place for the King Grayskull Statue... MOST of that is useless.

Castle Grayskullman is cool... but he's way too new for something like this to get sculpted around.

Bronze Grayskull was the first character made... 5 years ago... and not a lot of people HAVE him. Therefore an empty pedastal is annoying.

Most of all... I want there to be room for OUR CHARACTERS to use the castle It doesn't do any good to have three levels, that are already pre-planned for other 'Stuff'.

Nor do I want FOUR walls.... There HAS to be room for a kid (or an adult) to sit back there and enjoy his new playset... you can't box him out and have him reaching and balancing over everything. Just too much trouble. If there's a trapdoor switch... It needs to be within reach at all times

There is plenty of room on the 'inside' area of the castle to set up the weapon racks and King Grayskull on a 'grayskull stand' without it having to be built into the actual castle.

We may be old... but we still have SOME imagination left right??

At the very least I'd like to see the combat trainer included.
    I'm okay with the space suit not coming with the castle as an articulated figure. I want it done properly, and I don't want any attention taken away from the castle's details due to the inclusion of a figure.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    At the very least I'd like to see the combat trainer included.
    Yep! Kinda pointless without the action punch, but I still loved it

If it doesn't come, I'll probably be hitting Ebay to find some of the old stuff ^_^

DEFINITELY need a weapon rack now

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    I want the Grayskull robot!
    Down the line as a separate figure. Him and the WR pilot are musts!
    I agree, these are 2 figures I must have as well!!

The Wind Raider Pilot was wanted just as much as the 3 Monogram Pilots, and I feel he must be made to finish that group off.

As for the Castle Grayskull Robot, its a figure that is a must have to finish Castle Grayskull.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree, these are 2 figures I must have as well!!

The Wind Raider Pilot was wanted just as much as the 3 Monogram Pilots, and I feel he must be made to finish that group off.

As for the Castle Grayskull Robot, its a figure that is a must have to finish Castle Grayskull.

With the amount of parts reuse in this line... I think I'd like for some 'nobody' characters to be reduced to armor and helmet/heads in a weapon pack...

Grayskull-bot... is a bit tougher since he would have a lot of unique parts, but Wind Raider pilot is AWFULLY covered up. Him AND a couple of the FFM could have been done in a single pack

Make that 'outfit' similar to He-man's blue armor when riding the Jet Sled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rael View Post
    I want the Grayskull robot!
    Down the line as a separate figure. Him and the WR pilot are musts!
    I agree with this. Wind Raider pilot is top of the list for me, and a non-articulated Grayskull robot would just be sad. Sell them as a two pack!

Can't wait to hear the new episode(s). As a freelancer myself, I can totally relate to Val's having too much work to do to edit. But I've always wondered, and I don't mean to be rude, why does it fall to Val to edit? What about one of the other Gooblers, or even just a fan from the boards who happens to be a good editor? Roast Gooble is always better when it's fresh, especially when this latest episode seems to have details about the still-not-at-the-minimum-number-of-orders Castle Grayskull, details that might help it reach its quota.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    I think the robot would be lame 'unarticulated'...

HOWEVER...

Does anyone know where there might be some generic 'armor' or 'Gargoyles' that we could scatter around this thing? THAT might look pretty awesome...

Gotta be SOMETHING out there about the same scale.

for $250.....it BETTER come with that stuff!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    Can't wait to hear the new episode(s). As a freelancer myself, I can totally relate to Val's having too much work to do to edit. But I've always wondered, and I don't mean to be rude, why does it fall to Val to edit? What about one of the other Gooblers, or even just a fan from the boards who happens to be a good editor? Roast Gooble is always better when it's fresh, especially when this latest episode seems to have details about the still-not-at-the-minimum-number-of-orders Castle Grayskull, details that might help it reach its quota.
    I'm pretty sure I've read where Val wants to be the one to edit it. Kind of like it's his baby and no one else gets to do it because he wants to? But certainly he can explain it better

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    He/it doesn't need to come with the Castle, it just needs to come out somewhere in the line.
    This, exactly this.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

I want it to come with He-Ro's tombstone
    :: Odrakir ::

My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    But I've always wondered, and I don't mean to be rude, why does it fall to Val to edit? What about one of the other Gooblers, or even just a fan from the boards who happens to be a good editor?
    Because Val is a control freak. He probably has a method and wants all the episodes to have a similar editing structure and to be sure nothing Eamon says that is TOO controversial gets out. Could you imagine Eamon UNedited?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'd love to get that torture rack for sure
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella