Thread: Anyone going to buy Castle Grayskull at $275?

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar

Anyone going to buy Castle Grayskull at $275?

I was wondering if anyone who hasn't preordered Castle Grayskull yet is going to now preorder one for $275 after seeing the prototype at Toy Fair?
    10 Most Wanted MOTUC's: Ninjor, Quake, Squeeze, MYP King Mero, Sagitar, Dragstor, Snake Armor He-man, Phravus, Filmation's Garth (post transformation), Angella

Heroic Warrior
    I'll wait until nearer the deadline, but I'm pretty sure I will cancel. My pride is gnawing at me because of TG's deliberate lies regarding the initial promises.

I just did some calculations. CG $250, Shipping to England $100, customs blackmail ransom fee $150.

That comes to around £340 GBP. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get one cheaper on eBay U.K. I can live without the map.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    I'll wait until nearer the deadline, but I'm pretty sure I will cancel. My pride is gnawing at me because of TG's deliberate lies regarding the initial promises.

I just did some calculations. CG $250, Shipping to England $100, customs blackmail ransom fee $150.

That comes to around £340 GBP. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to get one cheaper on eBay U.K. I can live without the map.

Not sure how you came up with the customs fee of $150 - it will more likely be $90-$100 (VAT of 20% of overall price and duty of c5% of overall price) but I agree its still a whole lot of cash to hand over for us international fans - problem is, I dont see how it will be any cheaper from anywhere else, this thing will only rocket in price.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'll wait until SDCC to see what the final thing looks like. At the moment it looks amazing apart from a few nitpicks and won't cancel.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Honestly I wasn't expecting a huge 10' X 10' castle, I knew it was like 2' x 2', but what I had hoped for was a little more proportion like the Filmation castle. But for the scale of the figures, the castle needed to be like 3' x 3' and for $250 that wasn't happening. I honestly don't want one, I will be spending half and buying Metroplex, at 24" tall, he is going to be awesome.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ADPriceless View Post
    Not sure how you came up with the customs fee of $150 - it will more likely be $90-$100 (VAT of 20% of overall price and duty of c5% of overall price) but I agree its still a whole lot of cash to hand over for us international fans - problem is, I dont see how it will be any cheaper from anywhere else, this thing will only rocket in price.

I got hit with a $150 customs fee on a GI Joe Terrordrome a while back that had $250 marked on the customs form I honestly think they make up the fees as they go along.
    As for the risk, I was able to snag Granaymr for £80 shipped on eBay U.K. - I just don't think the market is there for such large and expensive items.
    Unless the final product wows me at SDCC, I'm willing to risk losing out.

I probably will. I should have just done it the first time, but procrastinated and then missed the deadline. But that prototype shows at TF is awesome! I'm not too worried about the doorway size, I'm not going to be playing with it like I did as a kid.