Thread: MOTU Movie Casting Call 01: Evil-Lyn

Threaded View

MOTU Movie Casting Call 01: Evil-Lyn

The purpose of this thread is to discuss who should play Evil-Lyn (and only Evil-Lyn) in the new MOTU film. Each week I will do a casting call thread that will focus on 1 MOTU character, to discuss in depth.

We all know Evil Lyn will be essential in the plot of the new MOTU movie, and casting her to appease the fans, and entice new viewers will be key to the success of the film. Evil-Lyn will be integral to the plot, and can bring so much to whatever story is finally hashed out. Below are my top choices for our favorite dark sorceress, evil witch, magical warrior Goddess, whatever you wish to call her.

Melinda Clarke is no stranger to playing vicious, two faced women. A veteran of villains and the sci-fi genre, her credits include a mix of movie and television. She has much hidden potential, and much like Meg Foster, could potentially be a wicked and memorable Evil-Lyn.
    CREDITS
    1997 Spawn
    2000 The Pretender
    2003-2007 The O.C.
    2004 Dynamite
    2010 Ghost Whisperer
    2010 The Vampire Diaries
    2010 Nikita

Dina Meyer is talented and beautiful, and quite versatile in her roles. She is not afraid to take it all off (Starship Troopers), and get her hands dirty (SAW series, and as much as I loathe SAW, I know it has fans here). She fits comfortably into her roles, and could surprise is all if given the material. Dina could just be the diamond in the rough for this role.
    CREDITS
    1995 Johnny Mnemonic
    1996 Dragonheart
    1997 Starship Troopers
    2002 Star Trek Nemesis
    2004 Saw
    2005 Saw II
    2006 Saw III

Charlize Theron is a beautiful, seasoned actress with an impressive portfolio, and a powerful onscreen presence. She has been in several sci-fi themed films and lights up the screen, portraying memorable female heroes and villains. She also has enough star power to bring in a new audience, without the budget suffering as it would with a much higher paid actress.
    CREDITS
    1999 The Astronaut's Wife
    1999 The Cider House Rules
    2000 The Legend of Bagger Vance
    2003 The Italian Job
    2005 Aeon Flux
    2008 Hancock
    2012 Snow White

Angelina Jolie, she is not my first choice, as I would not want the entire movie to be judged as per her participation. That being said, she works well as a strong female lead, bringing experience and star power with very impressive credits. Her name alone will bring in an audience, and ultimately that is what this movie will need. It appears that Ms. Jolie will be starring in an upcoming movie about a very well known Disney sorceress, so we will get a taste of what she can do. However, if given the choice between paying Angelina $20 million, or having an equally comfortable actress for $5 million and having more money to go around, I would choose someone else.
    CREDITS
    Too many to list.

Bridgette Nielson is a veteran and respected starlette, someone that 80s fans would appreciate, and another lady who is no stranger to playing loved, and reviled women, she combines quality acting and experience. Bridgette could be an amazing choice to fill the role of Evil-Lyn as she has decades of fans who would love to see her in a starring role again.
    CREDITS
    Red Sonja (1985)
    Rocky IV (1985)
    Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)
    Chained Heat II (1993)
    The Hustle (2008)
    The Fish (2009)
    Grindhouse 2 (2012)
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 15, 2012 at 01:21pm.