Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Movie Casting Call 01: Evil-Lyn

MOTU Movie Casting Call 01: Evil-Lyn

The purpose of this thread is to discuss who should play Evil-Lyn (and only Evil-Lyn) in the new MOTU film. Each week I will do a casting call thread that will focus on 1 MOTU character, to discuss in depth.

We all know Evil Lyn will be essential in the plot of the new MOTU movie, and casting her to appease the fans, and entice new viewers will be key to the success of the film. Evil-Lyn will be integral to the plot, and can bring so much to whatever story is finally hashed out. Below are my top choices for our favorite dark sorceress, evil witch, magical warrior Goddess, whatever you wish to call her.

Melinda Clarke is no stranger to playing vicious, two faced women. A veteran of villains and the sci-fi genre, her credits include a mix of movie and television. She has much hidden potential, and much like Meg Foster, could potentially be a wicked and memorable Evil-Lyn.
    CREDITS
    1997 Spawn
    2000 The Pretender
    2003-2007 The O.C.
    2004 Dynamite
    2010 Ghost Whisperer
    2010 The Vampire Diaries
    2010 Nikita

Dina Meyer is talented and beautiful, and quite versatile in her roles. She is not afraid to take it all off (Starship Troopers), and get her hands dirty (SAW series, and as much as I loathe SAW, I know it has fans here). She fits comfortably into her roles, and could surprise is all if given the material. Dina could just be the diamond in the rough for this role.
    CREDITS
    1995 Johnny Mnemonic
    1996 Dragonheart
    1997 Starship Troopers
    2002 Star Trek Nemesis
    2004 Saw
    2005 Saw II
    2006 Saw III

Charlize Theron is a beautiful, seasoned actress with an impressive portfolio, and a powerful onscreen presence. She has been in several sci-fi themed films and lights up the screen, portraying memorable female heroes and villains. She also has enough star power to bring in a new audience, without the budget suffering as it would with a much higher paid actress.
    CREDITS
    1999 The Astronaut's Wife
    1999 The Cider House Rules
    2000 The Legend of Bagger Vance
    2003 The Italian Job
    2005 Aeon Flux
    2008 Hancock
    2012 Snow White

Angelina Jolie, she is not my first choice, as I would not want the entire movie to be judged as per her participation. That being said, she works well as a strong female lead, bringing experience and star power with very impressive credits. Her name alone will bring in an audience, and ultimately that is what this movie will need. It appears that Ms. Jolie will be starring in an upcoming movie about a very well known Disney sorceress, so we will get a taste of what she can do. However, if given the choice between paying Angelina $20 million, or having an equally comfortable actress for $5 million and having more money to go around, I would choose someone else.
    CREDITS
    Too many to list.

Bridgette Nielson is a veteran and respected starlette, someone that 80s fans would appreciate, and another lady who is no stranger to playing loved, and reviled women, she combines quality acting and experience. Bridgette could be an amazing choice to fill the role of Evil-Lyn as she has decades of fans who would love to see her in a starring role again.
    CREDITS
    Red Sonja (1985)
    Rocky IV (1985)
    Beverly Hills Cop II (1987)
    Chained Heat II (1993)
    The Hustle (2008)
    The Fish (2009)
    Grindhouse 2 (2012)
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 15, 2012 at 02:21pm.

I would say one of these people

Chelsea Fields
    Anjelina Jolie
    Charlize Theron

Tough call, Evil-Lyn is a complex character that (imo) requires strength, evil, & subtlety.

Gong Li perhaps?

gong-li-as-hatsumomo.jpg
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Warrior
    Lana Parilla should play Evil-lyn. She does really good as Regina/the Evil Queen in Once Upon a Time.

Lena Headey. Her villain role in Dredd was great.

Angelina Jolie would rock! So would the woman that plays The Wicked Queen/Regina on Once Upon A Time....or even the Actress that plays Pam on Tru Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Angelina Jolie would rock! So would the woman that plays The Wicked Queen/Regina on Once Upon A Time....or even the Actress that plays Pam on Tru Blood.
    I thought about listing the actress that plays Pam on TRU Blood, because I really like her (and she is the right age) however I can't picture her doing anything else.

I think that Evil Lyn was imagined as Asiatic looking woman based on her Filmation skin color as well as overyellowed figure color, and very unique eyes among other MOTU women characters. For some reason all Asiatic looking people represented as MOTU figures (Jitsu, Ninjor and possible Evil Lyn) were among evil warriors. :/
    So I would like to see some beautiful Asiatic actress as Evil Lyn.
    Like slackrguy suggested Gong Li, or maybe Lucy Liu...

I would love to see Idina Menzel as Evil-Lyn! Her face is perfect!

"I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Mantisaur82 View Post
    I think that Evil Lyn was imagined as Asiatic looking woman based on her Filmation skin color as well as overyellowed figure color, and very unique eyes among other MOTU women characters. For some reason all Asiatic looking people represented as MOTU figures (Jitsu, Ninjor and possible Evil Lyn) were among evil warriors. :/
    So I would like to see some beautiful Asiatic actress as Evil Lyn.
    Like slackrguy suggested Gong Li, or maybe Lucy Liu...
    I agree with you, Lucy Liu could pull it off, if the look was inspired by the toy, but I'm not sure how that would translate to the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    I would love to see Idina Menzel as Evil-Lyn! Her face is perfect!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...ina-menzel.jpg
    Also an interesting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post

I thought about listing the actress that plays Pam on TRU Blood, because I really like her (and she is the right age) however I can't picture her doing anything else.
    Me either....untill I saw her as Malificent on Once Upon a Time.....and she's wickedly awesome!

I agree with you, Lucy Liu could pull it off, if the look was inspired by the toy, but I'm not sure how that would translate to the big screen.
    In fact, I think Lucy would be perfect for the mix of a toy and Filmation look...she has that "sharp" and very unique beauty.
    Here is a quick Photoshop mock-up to show what I want to say:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Mantisaur82; October 15, 2012 at 09:43pm.

Kate Beckinsale...enough said!

Olivia Wilde would be outstanding!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2Fnm1312575%2F

I think Jolie would be atrocious.

Brigitte Nielsen
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Brigitte Nielsen
    She might even be a better choice than Angelina, though Angelina will probably garner more fans if she does well as Malificent.

I think Bingbing Li would make a nice Evil lyn http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2Fnm0508356%2F she was ada wong in the recent resevil movie but she also played the white haired witch in the forbidden Kingdom. I know some may say she's to young to play lyn. but I think she'd be perfect

She might even be a better choice than Angelina, though Angelina will probably garner more fans if she does well as Malificent.
    Red Sonja is one of the earliest movies I remember from my childhood In her younger days I would have cast her for Teela, but now I can definitely see her as Evil-Lyn. And she will bring a little eighties barbarian vibe to the movie, which will no doubt resonate with the fans of that genre
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Red Sonja is one of the earliest movies I remember from my childhood In her younger days I would have cast her for Teela, but now I can definitely see her as Evil-Lyn. And she will bring a little eighties barbarian vibe to the movie, which will no doubt resonate with the fans of that genre
    Agreed, the nostalgia factor of having her in a MOTU movie, from her days as Red Sonja (which is now kind of a cult favorite) would bring people out. And I bet she doesn't cost nearly as much as Angelina.

From Prison Break fame Jodi Lyn O'Keefe would be nice =)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tycondrius View Post
    I think Bingbing Li would make a nice Evil lyn http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2Fnm0508356%2F she was ada wong in the recent resevil movie but she also played the white haired witch in the forbidden Kingdom. I know some may say she's to young to play lyn. but I think she'd be perfect
    I'm usually not one to speculate on actors & actresses for a given role, but after checking out the pictures on IMDB, Bingbing Li seems like a good candidate for Evil-Lyn. Surprisingly, Ms. Li turns 40 next year according to the info on IMDB -- even accounting for make-up she certainly doesn't look her age.

Olivia Wilde as Evil-Lyn is an interesting idea -- but I wouldn't be surprised if the next Tron movie and the MOTU movie go into active production around the same time which means Wilde would be gearing up to play Quorra again.

Courtney Cox, really flip it around. I kid, I kid, I believ Charlize Theron has really been on fire lately, either way she needs to be cunning, loyal to the point of her own life and fierce.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    I'm usually not one to speculate on actors & actresses for a given role, but after checking out the pictures on IMDB, Bingbing Li seems like a good candidate for Evil-Lyn. Surprisingly, Ms. Li turns 40 next year according to the info on IMDB -- even accounting for make-up she certainly doesn't look her age.

Olivia Wilde as Evil-Lyn is an interesting idea -- but I wouldn't be surprised if the next Tron movie and the MOTU movie go into active production around the same time which means Wilde would be gearing up to play Quorra again.
    Ms .Li is quite the stunner aint she. tho speaking of Olivia Wilde I could more see her in the role of Teela or even the sorceress then Evil lyn. I never liked the fact the 80's live action movie made the sorceress an old woman I know thats how most typical wizards and witches where portrayed over time but since films like HP prove people don't need to be old to play this type anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Lena Headey. Her villain role in Dredd was great.
    Good choice.

Even better choice. I imagine Evil Lyn to be somewhat snarky and no one brings the snark like Pam.

BTW, can you guys post pictures with your nominations? Some of these actresses aren't big names so photos help.
    Do you need to buy, sell or rent a home in Northern VA, then contact me at varealtor1@verizon.net