View Poll Results: How should Blast-Attak be handled in MOTUC

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give him an alternate torso like King Hsss

9 13.64%
  • Unique sculpt that actually detaches in half

28 42.42%
  • Make his arms removable (and his head)

3 4.55%
  • Include a seperate "exploded remains" piece

5 7.58%
  • Just make the figure, no special feature

20 30.30%
  • Other: Please share!

1 1.52%

Thread: Blast-Attak: How should he be handled in MOTUC?

Blast-Attak: How should he be handled in MOTUC?

It seems like some of the vintage figures still left to be covered in MOTUC have some bizarre designs which might make them harder to produce in the newer style. Blast-Attak is one of those characters who seems like he might be difficult to translate into MOTUC because of his action feature, which really was an integral part of the character. If you were deciding how to produce Blast- Attak in MOTUC, how would you produce him? Here are the 5 ways I see Mattel handling the figure:

1. Giving him an alternate torso: Like King Hsss, I could see Mattel giving Blast-Attak an alternate "exploding" torso. This piece would connect to Blast-Attak's legs and waist and be a sculpted "explosion" with a place to attach Blast-Attak's head and removable Trap-Jaw styled arms.

2. Split Torso: This would seem to be the least likely option, but Mattel could give Blast-Attak a newly sculpted torso that split in half. I imagine that while Blast- Attak's waist and legs wouldn't seperate, half of his torso mgiht be removable revealing wires and such sculpted onto his innards.

3. Removable limbs: By giving Blast-Attak removable limbs and the already standard removable head, Mattel could say that Blast-Attak is capable of "blasting" apart.

4. No special features: Mattel could always just sculpt the figure over a basic body and not do anything to represent his action feature.

5. Seperate "exploded remains" piece: Mattel could sculpt a little pile of wires, ash, and limbs to represent Blast -Attak after he has exploded.

Of course, if you have a better idea, feel free to share it!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I voted alternate torso for the standard option that they've done before and they'll probably do...but here's my preferred and probably undoable option:

They can't do very many unique sculpts, which is why it took so long to get to Ram Man. We don't have many that need it, honestly. Extendar might be one, and some might say Rio Blast, but I think we can get along with attachable items for him. Blast Attak...well, here's why my idea is probably undoable - they stick REAL close to this "no action figures" business. I think they should forget it with Blast Attak and give him just a openable torso (not a separate one, but just one torso that opens up) - AND - if they were willing to go that far, I don't see why the torso can't bust open with the press of a button.

So yeah, they won't do that, but I think that's how he should be done. The inner workings for an opening torso with a button to release it shouldn't get in the way of two slots for fully functioning arms, so you wouldn't be missing anything but the stomach crunch articulation, and it was totally worth it to get rid of it for Roboto. I don't see why Blast Attak should suffer the loss of his feature when Roboto didn't have to.

And let me say that this is coming from no nostalgia; I never had this guy and I've never even held him or seen him in person. I just think he's cool and his feature is just as interesting as Roboto's, so he deserves to have his intact as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I think he should definitely bust apart.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I'd be happy if they just made the figure without any special features. He'll only be ever used in a display anyway so i don't need extra useless pieces in which the cost of producing it could be used on another figure.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

First rule in the book of MOTUC: No action feature.

Just gimme the figure without any action feature and I'm happy with it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post

Same here. I don't want an action feature compromising the sculpt.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I'd prefer him to have no action feature.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Agreed.

I'll add that Blast attack is quite possibly my least favourite vintage figure (maybe tied with dragstor) and though I will certainly get him, and the 4H will undoubtably make him cool, I just dont care enough about him.

I dont need his action feature, I dont feel the need to recreate his action feature. Heck, Mattel may even make a splitting torso, which is just fine too.

But primarilly I'd rather have a fully articulated figure.

Blast Attak is my favourite figure, i'd be happy if the figure get's made in the first place.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Blast-Attak: How should he be handled in MOTUC?
    Very carefully otherwise he'll explode!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

i totally agree!

Snappy Threader
    I voted maybe the arms, legs and head "explode" (can be taken off). I figure this is a reason we haven't seen him yet, they can't figure out a good way to make him. But I would be happy to get him in any form.

I hope he does come apart. it doesn't have to be an action feature, he can just have two halves that you can snap together/apart. If we can't get that, then they should sculpt his armour so that it looks like the two halves are coming apart

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I think reviving the removable arms from TrapJaw and the swappable torso from King Hiss Mattel can approximate the character falling apart.

A character blowing up, however it was conceived in the 80s, just isn't something He-Man should incorporate now. I think Scott can rewrite Blast Attack as falling apart to lull the heroes into a false sense of security, then reassemble to strike again or something.

But a suicide bomb robot is just not cool these days.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

I like the idea of an extra exploded remains accessory.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I never really looked at him as a suicide bomber. Maybe because the first time I saw him was the Star Comics. To me he was always a robotic guy who can split in two and fight two enemies at the same time. After the fight, he would just snap back together. They could go with something like that now.

I expect either we will see EITHER....

A new torso and loose Ab and waist articulation completely in favor of a dividing torso...

-OR-

A standard buck with no separation at all an just a wrap over armor that LOOKS like he can divide...

Heroic Warrior
    I voted other. Plain buck, removable head, removable arms, and removable legs.