Thread: Death of He-Man

Hybrid View

Widget

Death of He-Man

Hi everybody!

My name is Evan Gibbs. I’m a new guy here and let me tell you the story which led me to this community.

I'm an old fan of He-Man and MOTU. When I was a kid I watched all the episodes, I even had a toy Castle Greyskull with He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak and other stuff from the series. I remember spending days playing with them! I also have some He-Man VHS – my dad bought them for me in 1987 as far as I remember. I watched all of them many times. Even now I watch some of them to go back in time.

Last time when I watched VHS I fell asleep and when I woke up, there was some sort of a bonus episode or something like that. Then I rewinded it back and start to watch from beginning. This short video completely blew my mind and I want you guys to check out!
    I never found this video on Youtube so I made a VHS-rip – watch this one and tell me what do you think of this.

I found it on the He-Man Original Series VHS Vol. 24 after the last episode ‘The Arena’ – does anyone have the same?

There are some more strange things about this video.
    Chinese subtitles. I didn’t found any info about Chinese re-edition of MOTU – maybe Filmation planned to go to the Chinese market and they made this trailer?
    Music. There is some background music starting at the middle of the video. Does anybody knows what is this?
    The main thing I don’t understand about this video is that Skeletor kills He-Man at the end – how could the guys from Filmation let this happen??))
    There is also a white triangle and the very end of it – ***???

BTW. As far as I know this is one is not the only existing Filmation bonus. I saw the Orco’s song with karaoke subtitles. I’ll try to make a rip, because I couldn’t find this video on Youtube.

Court Magician
    after watching that video.....I now feel like I am possesed!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    This reminds me of 'Skeletors turd in a box', the funniest video on youtube.

..(vulgar, but funny)

Ok............................ Now am I gonna have to wait for a wet Skeletor to come out of my computer and kill me in a week?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

That was great. Thanks for uploading it. I have no knowledge to share concerning the history of it though.

Court Magician
    This is super intriguing - I sure hope someone can shed some light on this clip!

I think the VCR-ness lends it a bit of a bootlegged feeling ... but there's no chance this has been spliced together out of other bits of the cartoon is there? Does Skeletor hold the power sword in any other episodes? (and I should say, I'm not casting any dispersions on the OP - perhaps it's an Easter Egg from a bored production dude)

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    This is super intriguing - I sure hope someone can shed some light on this clip!

I think the VCR-ness lends it a bit of a bootlegged feeling ... but there's no chance this has been spliced together out of other bits of the cartoon is there? Does Skeletor hold the power sword in any other episodes? (and I should say, I'm not casting any dispersions on the OP - perhaps it's an Easter Egg from a bored production dude)
    Oh, it's definitely spliced together out of other episodes. The 'He-Man' falling into the pit is actually Faker from "The Shaping Staff," and I know Skeletor managed to grab the sword a couple of times. ("Masks of Power" comes to mind immediately.)

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    Oh, it's definitely spliced together out of other episodes. The 'He-Man' falling into the pit is actually Faker from "The Shaping Staff," and I know Skeletor managed to grab the sword a couple of times. ("Masks of Power" comes to mind immediately.)
    You know what's a little odd? The fact that the super-obvious VCR effects are so "in your face" at the start and end of the clip. I could buy the initial VCR tracking insanity at the start IF it was the start of the tape ... but it's meant to occur after the end of another episode, which means it can't be the ends of the magnetic media. Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    Ok............................ Now am I gonna have to wait for a wet Skeletor to come out of my computer and kill me in a week?
    HAHAHAHA!! I seriously laughed...

Anyway, all I can say is that the Japanese subtitles are correct, so there's nothing to find out from what is written. The creepy music in the middle of the video is... oh well, a bit off-198x. More like contemporary experimental rock or something.

Edit: Shazam didn't help, tried multiple times. This is growing on me and after Shazam, I'm actually scratching my head.
    Last edited by Dr_SLUMP; November 3, 2012 at 03:28pm.
    Μπιστ Μαν, ανόητε τριχομούρη!

However it was made, if its real or not, that was cool to watch. Skeletor for the win!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Very, VERY interesting video. With the music as well as what's going on, it gave me goosebumps! The fact that I watched it alone past midnight might have helped. A very eerie feeling. And that triangle at the end... what the hell?

So even if this turns out to be fake, the sensation I got was very real.

Is this real life?

Someone is really havin fun messin with you guys! Eternian Shenanigans!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    Someone is really havin fun messin with you guys! Eternian Shenanigans!
    I was thinking the same thing..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/