Page 16 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully pre-ordered CG

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    +1 (253)

Wish I could have grabbed two, but honestly I don't know what I would do with another. I probably won't have room for this one.

Shipping was $19.65
    What shipping method did you use?

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    What shipping method did you use?
    It just says Shipping.

Didn't have an option during check-out (I'm in Georgia, if that matters). Email confirmation says "Shipping & Handling", Invoice just says "shipping".

I'm assuming it's the slowest option. I chose the cheapest option for my subs, so maybe that was a default carryover.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

-------!!!UPDATE!!!-------

I have an update reply from Matty regarding the higher early costs on Castle Grayskull for those who ordered earlier in the day...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3141287

Snappy Threader
    Goal.jpg

Wow.

The thermometer has gone up a little. Only a little, though. Do you honestly think it will make it?

Snappy Threader
    I do. I agree wit a previous poster, sorry I can't recall the name or I would give credit, they aren't going to show a higher amount until people buy and buy. I'm not concerned. I did expect it to be higher, but it's a good start I suppose. It probably isn't representive of a true real time (or even close) number though....

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I got my order in. Just 1. I'm saving the cash for it but I just can't justify buying two.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Got mine in so we are at 254.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    The thermometer has gone up a little. Only a little, though. Do you honestly think it will make it?
    If that is it so far, this is NEVER going to happen. That said, Mattel will purposefully keep this lower than it really is in an attempt to drive up sales, so we won't really know the truth until the very end when pre-orders have closed.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Who is willing to bet their life that that thermometer is accurately reflective of sales?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Quote Originally Posted by Draego-Man View Post
    If that is it so far, this is NEVER going to happen. That said, Mattel will purposefully keep this lower than it really is in an attempt to drive up sales, so we won't really know the truth until the very end when pre-orders have closed.
    Ok. First, the subs were the same way, we were nowhere near goal at first and chipped away through the entire window so this is in no way an indication of the likelihood of it going through or not. Second, we have no knowledge of when those results are taken from. They update it randomly. It has been for sale for 29 hours, so let's all relax a little.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawbridge View Post
    +1 (253)

Wish I could have grabbed two, but honestly I don't know what I would do with another. I probably won't have room for this one.

Shipping was $19.65
    I don't need 2, and I only plan to keep one. I just wanted to do all I could to help the cause!

I'm certain that by the time they ship, there will be plenty of people that want one that didn't pre-order. I'll have no problem unloading it for cost+shipping.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Well, first of all, let's all agree that this thermometer is updated to set increments manually at random times and is in no way any sort of scale or in any way actually readable.

That said. If this is like past thermometers from Matty, then each update will jump the same amount. The "bulb" is completely out of scale with the rest of the thermometer in terms of size, but if each bump is equal to the same amount of sales, then the first and second bump both represent the same amount of purchases. The closest thing we have to a "measure" is that the most recent bump added four dividing lines.

If, and once again if, this has any basis in consistency. That means each upgrade will represent the same number of sales and go up the same amount on the thermometer; four dividers. We have had two bumps so far. If further bumps go up four dividers each, that would be six more bumps.

2 out of 8 bumps would mean we're roughly 1/4 of the way there in just over 24 hours. Not bad if true. Especially if some folks come back now that shipping has been addressed. But that's assuming there's even a modicum of critical thinking in the design of this thermometer, which I make no claims towards. This is all very fuzzy math based on very poor information.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Honestly...no. I don't.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Honestly...no. I don't.
    It may magically make it overnight like with the subs.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    It may magically make it overnight like with the subs.
    That is exactly what I am expecting!

If it moves up each day at this rate we'd actually hit the minimum in a little over a week. We have till November 10th to hit this mark. I'm optimistic we'll get there…and then the rest of the year's sales on it will just be gravy.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    If it moves up each day at this rate we'd actually hit the minimum in a little over a week. We have till November 10th to hit this mark. I'm optimistic we'll get there…and then the rest of the year's sales on it will just be gravy.
    I agree my friend. I have a good feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    I agree, i can see why a person who doesn't want a subscription would buy a figure from BBTS...But why in the world would anyone buy a CG from BBTS at a higher price. Unless BBTS plans a large number ppl who refused to pre-order CG now then change their mind next yr when its too late. That would be the only reason why, i guess. Am i missing something here? maybe new collectors who join the line after the pre-order date ends. And its not like ppl can say well i don't have the funds right now!! its zero down...u have a whole yr to save up.

Funny thing is I just checked BBTS and the max you can add to cart now is just over 160 so people are pre-ordering them. So either people are confused or have not read the Matty page and think that Matty is charging cards for the pre-order. Just goes to show that there are legions of fans out there that just don't pay attention to any news and just order stuff as it appears on BBTS. This should really boost sales for the core figures that are for sale on the site as well. You have to have He-man and Skeletor to fight over the Castle

Heroic Warrior
    255!!!! AWESOME!!! I know the thermometer is most likely not as accurate as one would hope...but based on a certain number needed by upper management i would not be surprised if they are requiring 1000 CG's to be cost productive...which means we still have a long way to go....but fingers crossed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BAKULL View Post
    255!!!! AWESOME!!! I know the thermometer is most likely not as accurate as one would hope...but based on a certain number needed by upper management i would not be surprised if they are requiring 1000 CG's to be cost productive...which means we still have a long way to go....but fingers crossed!!!
    I am betting it is way more than 1000 that need to be pre-ordered. More likely closer to 7K - 10K
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am betting it is way more than 1000 that need to be pre-ordered. More likely closer to 7K - 10K
    Oh boy!!! fingers and toes crossed!!!!!

I'm not buying it until the last day & you are all begging me.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I'm still doubting whether I should get one...

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    2,500,000? Could be, I mean, I have no clue what a production like this would require. If so, let's hope that 7000 fans just arent posting here. I can't wait to see the next thermometer update!