Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully pre-ordered CG

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I am betting it is way more than 1000 that need to be pre-ordered. More likely closer to 7K - 10K
    I could easily believe 5k. This would gross 1.25million, with profit much lower once you pay the materials + production + staff that need to work on this baby for a year in various capacities.

We've obviously undermined the accuracy of the thermometer sufficiently already - but if you ignore the ball (which you would with a thermometer), we're actually 1/7th of the way there by my reckoning. I could believe if we've got 250 on .org (or perhaps less at the time the did the update), there might be say 500+ worldwide - which would make the goal 3500+

All baseless speculation of course

Done. Order placed for two.
    Real friends are better than plastic ones.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemoose View Post
    I could easily believe 5k. This would gross 1.25million, with profit much lower once you pay the materials + production + staff that need to work on this baby for a year in various capacities.

We've obviously undermined the accuracy of the thermometer sufficiently already - but if you ignore the ball (which you would with a thermometer), we're actually 1/7th of the way there by my reckoning. I could believe if we've got 250 on .org (or perhaps less at the time the did the update), there might be say 500+ worldwide - which would make the goal 3500+

I have been doing much of my own baseless speculating as well. Such as if each line represents 100 orders we would need like 2700 orders which seems low. I also wonder since the ball wasn't filled to start if Matty is using some weirdo hey the ball counts too measurement. However, I agree, we (according to the meter) are 1/7th of the way there, and I could also agree with the 500 + worldwide. I have checked some other sites' polls and such, and they aren't really that high, though it can be skewed because I am sure a percentage of posters here also post on other boards (which I do not so I'm not familiar with user names etc). If I didn't believe it would happen, I suppose I wouldn't be trying to research it so much (albeit unscientifically of course). It's just fun to keep speculating, and it will be fun to see the next meter reading.

I actually thought 4000 was likely the number, before reading your post. I've always assumed figure production was around 5000. I bet only He-Man and Skeletor were produced way above 5000.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I have been doing much of my own baseless speculating as well. Such as if each line represents 100 orders we would need like 2700 orders which seems low. I also wonder since the ball wasn't filled to start if Matty is using some weirdo hey the ball counts too measurement. However, I agree, we (according to the meter) are 1/7th of the way there, and I could also agree with the 500 + worldwide. I have checked some other sites' polls and such, and they aren't really that high, though it can be skewed because I am sure a percentage of posters here also post on other boards (which I do not so I'm not familiar with user names etc). If I didn't believe it would happen, I suppose I wouldn't be trying to research it so much (albeit unscientifically of course). It's just fun to keep speculating, and it will be fun to see the next meter reading.

Has Mattel ever confirmed any concrete subscription numbers? I'm assuming no.

I guess the other factor to include here is the goodwill of Mattel running this line "for the fans" at a super low run rate. I for one really do believe Scott goes to bat for us at corporate and might have managed to get us a lower green light point than would usually be approved. So while I think a goal of 1k might be a little optimistic - perhaps it's not as high as 5k?

I just ordered one. I don't know why I waited a day when I was so stoked for it. But, I ordered it!

I just hope it worked! I checked my order history and it does not show up there....
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I just ordered one. I don't know why I waited a day when I was so stoked for it. But, I ordered it!

I just hope it worked! I checked my order history and it does not show up there....
    Better order another one just to be sure

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post

It took a little while for my order to show up in my order history.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Snappy Threader
    Has Mattel ever confirmed any concrete subscription numbers? I'm assuming no.

I guess the other factor to include here is the goodwill of Mattel running this line "for the fans" at a super low run rate. I for one really do believe Scott goes to bat for us at corporate and might have managed to get us a lower green light point than would usually be approved. So while I think a goal of 1k might be a little optimistic - perhaps it's not as high as 5k?
    They have always said they can't comment on numbers for legal purposes, so we are left to wonder. I agree, I think TG does go to bat for us and I would believe a lower number was there for the taking. SOmethign like this could boost sub sales for 2014, but if it fails, it could hurt the sales. Double Edged Sword I suppose. I think 5000 would be a bit high too, but it's just so hard to tell. If it would only be a thousand, we should be quite close. I just pulled the 2700-2800 number out of my hat, and I agree with blackiecats, 4000 might be the high end, i woudl assume the 3000 level might be the goal. Again, just my figuring, but I also agree with bc that 5000 is probably the range for the figures, and surely Mattel Management wouldn't expect to see that in CGs. But, I do recall reading somewhere that TG stated it was close to the sub number or something like that, so one can never be sure.

Preordered mine - hope it's as awesome as they say!
    Brian

Photos and video of my massive collection! Click here!

Most wanted: 200x Snake Men-carded Roboto, vintage Spinnerella and Netossa. Also: Hook 'Em Flogg's weapon and Missile Armor Flipshot's backpack.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by leaper1976 View Post
    Preordered mine - hope it's as awesome as they say!
    Have no fear leaper1976, it will be very awesome, the best playset of all time!

+1 for me. I decided on the expensive UPS International shipping to Canada. I figured since it was the same price as the cheap shipping was initially when the shipping prices were humongous (and I was still going to get one anyway), $70.55 was fine. Afterall, if I'm not happy with that I can always just change it on Matty's website before it ships, right??
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

I received my email confirmation from Matty, so I guess I'm good to go.

I didn't post my tally, so put that total up to:

Last edited by VZX; October 17, 2012 at 08:27pm.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Just ordered mine. $289.65. Shipping was actually not that bad but since when did Jersey get taxed? It's gotta be recently cause I don't remember having to pay tax last time I ordered on Mattycollector.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Widget
    Since you are wanting to keep a tally of how many each of us ordered, I figured it was time for me to write my first post to the boards. Here's letting you know that I ordered 2 CG's

I think a couple may have missed the count, so someone might to check that. If not it brings the counted total to 263

I think of Sideshow 12" figures and dont they only sell 1500 to 2000 or so? I would have to believe that Mattel can only expect 2500 or so of these things to sell. I think that is why the cost is higher, due to the lower expectations of how many will sell. I hope they are slow in updating the thermometer too...like we are already 2/7ths the way there as opposed to the 1/7th they are currently showing. I think they will keep the number low to entice more people to order, the all the sudden...BOOM! We hit it, like with the subs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxrich78xxx View Post
    Since you are wanting to keep a tally of how many each of us ordered, I figured it was time for me to write my first post to the boards. Here's letting you know that I ordered 2 CG's

I think a couple may have missed the count, so someone might to check that. If not it brings the counted total to 263
    Yes I think I was skipped. We went from iron_pride's tally of 259 to 260 in VZX's post where he ordered one, and I was forgotten in the middle.

So we are up to 264!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Heroic Warrior
    I put my name in for 1 CGS.

I ordered my 2.

I'm excited but at the same time worried.

I just hope that Matty fulfills it's promise and only do a zero dollar pre-authorization or my CC will be over drafted. I have zero faith in RD not screwing this up.

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm....Despite the authorisation amount being $0.00 it seems I'm not able to order with no money in my account. It's going to have to wait 'til i get paid.
    But CG will be mine. Oh yes.

I was just over at BBTS...looks like they preordered about 165.

One non complainin' MOFO
    +1. I hope they don't cut the Wind Raider diorama piece. But above all else I hope this gets made.

Snappy Threader
    New tally 267

Ordered mine yesterday.

I also ordered yesterday. Just one though.
    Masters of the Universe Classics, Ghosterbusters, and Voltron collector...any one have a storage unit(s) I can use? LOL