Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully pre-ordered CG

Quote Originally Posted by oulala View Post
    If suddenly, after making headlines in about every toy-related media with Castle Grayskull, Mattel then says 'Castle not happening, we failed to get enough interested in this property', it's a bit of a shameful statement for Mattel, isnt it? It's like saying 'you know what, despite all the new momentum, this property doesn't have much legs'.

It wouldn't surprise me that, even if the minimum sales isn't met, that thermometer might still magically go up the last 5 minutes.
    That is a GREAT point. This is NOT the time for MOTU to have an embarrassment, and Mattel knows it. Plus, if/when Castle Grayskull DOES happen, think of all the amazing coverage it will get! With its size and features it is going to be covered everywhere! Of course the usual sites and such will feature reviews and such, but this will be something that will catch a lot more eyes than most things, and it will truly harken back to the heyday of 80's playsets.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

+1 for me I just pre-ordered.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    After seeing how far we are from the goal, I'm a little depressed. Back on Tuesday when I put in my preorder, I had dreams that if we could get enough people on board for a $250 item, Mattel might think twice about trying a preorder system for other big stuff, like the Battle Ram, Talon, Snake Mountain, and the Fright Zone.
    We still have 22 days. Don't get too discouraged yet. People are still mulling it over.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Yeah. A lot of people who were not MOTUC fans were gushing at how Battle Cat was like the best toy of the year when it came out.
    There really isn't ANYTHING to compare Castle Grayskull to at the moment, in terms of collectible giant playsets, except maybe for Star Wars's massive Millenium Falcon or the recent SDCC Avenger's helicarrier... But for those who like toys, Castle Grayskull will become a holy grail if it gets made. Think of all the photo possibilities! You can turn it into a medieval castle...Conan's retreat... Dr Doom's Latveria's fortress... The sky's the limit! I think the castle will WOW every toy collector, not just MOTUC fans. And I hope that it's a success, not just for the sake of this toyline but for the sake of all other collectible toylines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    We still have 22 days. Don't get too discouraged yet. People are still mulling it over.
    Agreed. Plenty of time, and the thermometer.......probably isn't to be trusted.

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    I WANT THIS SO BAD! So excited!

Pretty cool, huh, Patty? I'll be preordering soon; I'm waiting for no particular reason... So many things to take care of, including paying a certain fantastic member of these very boards...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfogarty View Post
    i want this so bad! So excited!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gpaehxamds
    holy crap!!!!

[[[I NEED THAT NOW!!!]]]
    Last edited by Replikor; October 19, 2012 at 04:38pm.

WOW! Thanks for posting Matty's latest vid PaTrIcKfOgArTy! This HAS to happen! Seeing that size comparison to the vintage play set just solidifies my decision! C'mon people on the fence! Jump on in! The water in the moat is fantastic!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Thats a huuuuuuge B*#$%!

Massive. Not sure were I'm going to put 2 of them.

Just ordered my 2 so they can be added to the total from us org members.
    Bring on the Snake Armor!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Just noticed on Facebook that they announced that they got a better estimated shipping weight (20lbs) and the shipping cost should be reduced.
    Yet another reason for me not to preorder until the very last minute. I want all the financial details clearly defined, laid out and settled down before committing any of my money. Plus I want to see more than just a couple of rough sketches of the thing. So many things are yet to be defined.

Are they going to incorporate some nod to Filmation, or is it going to be entirely a remake of vintage+prototype? Why are they wasting their precious limited budget on reproducing that useless vintage handle? Do they really intend to also waste it on that prototype torture instrument that is totally incongruent with the concept of Fortress of Goodness, instead of using that money towards eagerly fan-demanded features such as Sorceress's mirror, dimensional portal, Eye of the Galaxy, or Castle Grayskullman's alcove? What about the Graystronaut? Are the interior walls going to have their own sculpt, or simply be the cheap negative side of the outside sculpt's mold as in the vintage? Are props that were stickers or cardboard add-ons, such as the flag, the beastie dungeon or the computer thingie, going to again be made the cheapest way, or be sculpted as separate detachable/interchangeable plastic parts, or sculpted as part of the wall? Is there going to be any "action features", such as a trap-door floor? Etc.

Too many details remain fuzzy as of yet. I really don't understand the rush to place orders on the very first minute the sale went live, especially knowing how apt and efficient DR is in the art of screwing up everything they touch big time almost everytime (as they did, unsurprisingly, with the $200 international shipping scandal).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Snappy Threader
    Awesome, we are plugging away!

Seeing the new size video on FB reminded me that I needed to order this.

+1

Snappy Threader
    I'm hoping the videos help create more sales....It will be very exciting.......

Well we are at 30% on the Meter everyone! The meter moved one mark today!

So we are now at 22 days and counting till the deadline guys!

Spread the word!!! ITS PUT UP OR SHUTUP TIME! OFFICIALLY!!

WE CAN DO THIS!

!!!SUPPORT MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!

That video is incredible. Look how amazing this thing will be!
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by geooco View Post
    That video is incredible. Look how amazing this thing will be!
    Oh for sure! You are so right geooco....this will be the greatest set ever. I am so stoked.

I just ordered mine!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashWatchman View Post
    I just ordered mine!
    Awesome, I just learned something, each time I post a new number, another sale happens. Maybe I need to just keep my computer on and post a number each minute to boost sales! I'm magical. Kidding. Maybe?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Awesome, I just learned something, each time I post a new number, another sale happens. Maybe I need to just keep my computer on and post a number each minute to boost sales! I'm magical. Kidding. Maybe?!?!?!?

NO! NO!! I LIKE THIS PLAN!!! Im excited to be part of it!

Lets do it!

WE CAN DO THIS!

!!!SUPPORT MOTUC CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!

Does Matty charge your card to varify funds with this pre-order? If not then I'll be pre-ordering right now. If they do a funds check then I'm not sure I'll be able to at all. : /

Chewer of Trollans
    I am so excited after seeing the foam mock-up. Only, I feel like there is some confusion. I consider myself an avid fan, but I was still confused as to the dates and thought we had until January to reserve, not just pre-order. I hope Scott will open this up through the next sale date, November 15th and maybe make it even more clear to potential buyers.
    In addition, while Scott may have set the goal somewhat higher than absolutely needed, I can't imagine a "magical" jump of much of the gap and hope no one is counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Does Matty charge your card to varify funds with this pre-order? If not then I'll be pre-ordering right now. If they do a funds check then I'm not sure I'll be able to at all. : /
    No, only a $0.00 charge, so nothing at all, you can even order two lol, and have more than enough time to save up for it, figuring two paychecks a month and 13 months till the charge date roughly, thats 26 paydays, depending where your at a single castle in the USA costs about $290 total so thats roughly only $11.15 a payday every payday starting this November
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....