Page 8 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully pre-ordered CG

Sitting high upon the Eternian porcelain throne.
    +2 for me!!

For you people freaking out about shipping costs....
    Seriously, I'm all about hating on Matty However, their shipping prices are usually spot on (now, their TIME in shipping is another story...)

I have shipped a TON of stuff international, and I can say that I will guarantee the CGs cost over $100 to ship. I shipped a 30"x16"x15" box from USA to Germany that weighed 10 pounds and it cost me something like $150.

I was charged $36 to ship TWO CGs and I think that is reasonable (Im in USA, of course)

I really do feel bad for international fans, as the shipping is a killer. However, when I order things from Japan I get his with similar shipping. It sucks, but it is just a sad fact of collecting. On these shipping costs, I just can't fault Matty. Go to USPS.com and you can estimate package costs. I think you will find their shipping is usually spot on.

Shipping seems to have changed. Matty now says $94.30 UPS International for one Castle

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Well, well well...

This morning shipping to Canada was $70.25, so I didn't order. Just checked it again and guess what????....

Order Date: October 16, 2012

Product SKU Product Name Qty Ordered Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Y6763 Castle Grayskull® 1 $250.00

SubTotal: $250.00
    Shipping & Handling: $37.85

Tax: $0.00
    Total: $287.85
    Nice one Matty!!!

Looks like they reduced the shipping expense. So International fans should take another look.

Got mine!!!

I just ordered 3 and the total shipping USPS came to $48 to Pennsylvania.
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Well, I'm all set. What the heck, right? Not gona get the chance again, I expect. Sad thing with the international shipping, though. Can't say how far we'll get without any help there.

Funny thing was that when I originally looked at it, USPS was 36, but when I went back to actually make the preorder it was 19 something. I tried out UPS and it was only 20 something! I've never seen such a small change between the two...
    They have changed shipping costs on the website. It was $50+ for UPS to Texas a couple of hours and now it's only $22.34. Hopefully this helps the international folk too

- - - Updated - - -

And my captcha word was:

society NGreedi

anyone know then the meter for counting the pre-orders go live? or has it already ?cus I don't see it moving

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    I just preordered mine, and had the confirmation e-mail come through about five minutes later. Did you go with the Newgistics/USPS shipping? I opted for UPS Ground, and mine came out to $56. Still, I'm awfully excited!
    Yeah, went with Newgistics. I may regret it in the long run, but oh well. At least I have a chance to get one! SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!

Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Heroic Warrior
    In light of all the recent posts about Shipping coming down, I'm guessing (hoping) that these rates will be applied to all orders, regardless of when they were placed, when (hopefully) shipping time comes.

Long Live MOTU!!!!
    Now & Forever!!!!

+1 for me on this awesome CG. Shipping was less than $20 for me. And I live in the heartland. Total was $269.95

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by npbaity View Post
    In light of all the recent posts about Shipping coming down, I'm guessing (hoping) that these rates will be applied to all orders, regardless of when they were placed, when (hopefully) shipping time comes.
    This is DR we are talking about. Good luck with that!

I wonder if the totals on those of us who already ordered will be lowered to reflect this new total.
    I ordered 2, which was $571.65... just checked total remained the same...

Now, 2 are ... $536.85 ...soooo... do I get a order change/update??? Or am I just out $34.80 extra just because I was a more dedicated customer and I ordered sooner??

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You only live once, my brother! Might as well go for it! I can't wait to set up this bad boy!
    Wait a second - you're right! I DO only live once! Well then, I think it's high time I have a Castle Grayskull to mount on top of my car!

...okay maybe that's a little TOO much livin'. Perhaps someday in the future, Castle Grayscar will be a reality...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I wonder if the totals on those of us who already ordered will be lowered to reflect this new total.

Now, 2 are ... $536.85 ...soooo... do I get a order change/update??? Or am I just out $34.80 extra just because I was a more dedicated customer and I ordered sooner??
    Probably.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yup, did a trial pre-order in the morning and USPS shipping was $38. Now I did a trial pre-order and the USPS shipping was now $20. So I did the order with UPS Ground. It was only a $1 more.

Wanna do the Nelson "Ha ha!" pic here, Replikator but it would seem a little too cruel.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

A question for who as already ordered him, they keep money on CC or not?
    ULTIMO MUTOC ACQUISTATO:
    demo-man
    sto leggendo:
    the new 52
    Progetto 18 il mio blog http://progettodiciotto.blogspot.com/

Ordered One, now lets wait and see.

+1 ;-) Let's see what happens now ;-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Is the goal meter ever gonna update?
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Wanna do the Nelson "Ha ha!" pic here, Replikator but it would seem a little too cruel.
    Oh, Benny's NOT being cruel today. Getting soft, are we?
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

I ordered my two gcs this afternoon.
    bnl4life

+2

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    +2

Shipping was only $36 to Ohio. However, UPS was $56. This thing better go through.
    I am also from Ohio and chose the cheaper shipping option. I think tax was $37.58 which I don't think is the correct amount at all but whatever...

Can't wait to set this thing up. A Talon Fighter with Point Dread would be a really cool add on
    Last edited by Lipster; October 16, 2012 at 05:58pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Is the goal meter ever gonna update?
    this.

Why isnt it coded to update as the orders come in? .... it's not that hard to do at all. Need a populated database and a little flash know-how and bam .... infographic that updates in real time ...... 2012 here people.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Mine was the same price and I ordered mine like 10 minutes ago. Mine was right around $574.43 for 2 shipped with cheap USPS shipping. Tax was $37.58. I am sure KY has that new internet sales tax law too.
    Last edited by Lipster; October 16, 2012 at 05:57pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    Oh, Benny's NOT being cruel today. Getting soft, are we?
    Nah, TJules. It's just that Replikator's main love is MOTU and it's being cruel enough to him without my help.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Just ordered one to Germany for Shipping & Handling: $94.30. Funnily the trackable option was cheaper then the non-trackable option. I hope this is not another Digital river screw up and I end up with a non-trackable shipment.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/