Thread: G.I. Joe Kre-O: is anyone else interested in these?

G.I. Joe Kre-O: is anyone else interested in these?

We all knew it would happen eventually, hasbro has finally revealed the G.I. Joe Kre-O line. I have not touched any of the other Kre-O lines but this one certainly interests me. It is a pity that they are basically repurposed from the Battleship line but that hasn't discouraged me.

Blind Bag Figures

The only thing that does concern me is the fact that they are TRU exclusives so I will be buying them from eBay, unless by some miracle we actually get GI Joe products again here.
    Last edited by TheFallen; October 18, 2012 at 09:21am.

I like them. But from a quality perspective, I wish they were actual LEGOs. I've heard many a horror story from Transformer fans who say the bricks just don't stay together.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Wow. I think this could have the potential to be really cool. This seems to be a MUCH better fit than Transformers, in my opinion, and I'm a fan of both. A small scale army man set just makes sense. Of all these pics though, I only recognize a few iconic Joe vehicles. I'm not sure if they're the only ones, or some of those others are supposed to be and are just unrecognizable. Lego-style mini figures are always cool, and these are no exception. The face placement on some of them looks kinda weird to me though; like it's not positioned where it should be on the head for things to look proportioned properly (moreso on the pics from the linked page). That's a minor gripe, though. It's disconcerting to have only seen maybe five comments thus far and two of them were about kre-o being poor quality though.

I haven't bought Joes since the 25th anniversary line and haven't bought anything Legoish since I realized Star Wars was getting out of hand (about a decade ago), but I would consider getting some of these.

More Blind Bag Figures

Love the concept, don't know I I trust the company. Lets face it, they're not Lego. But I love the idea of a Terror Dome done like this or even the USS Flagg. I'll probably pick up a small set and see how it holds up, hopefully something with snake eyes.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Very much looking forward to these! The vehicle modes on the TF Kre-O worked a lot better (for me) and since these don't need to turn into anything else, I think the building will be more fun (the TF ones were like building brick walls, since they had to use all the excess robot parts somewhere in the vehicle).

I think this will work MUCH better for the brand. Looks like they're already off to a great start with these choices, too! Just about every set looks worth it in terms of figures AND the sets!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I plan on getting these! I get the TF Kreons and love those (I just buy the sets for the figures). I agree that the buidling sets work better for Joes since they don't have to transform or form something else.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

These photos feature a lot of Photoshop smoke and mirrors. I wonder how close the final product will be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    More Blind Bag Figures
    But I have to say that I will buy Quick Kick for the Frozen Fudgee Bar alone.

"Frozen Fudgees what a treat! Covered with chocolate, really sweet! Loaded with caramel, and raisins, and nuts! They melt in your mouth...and rot in your guts!" (Forgive me if I got any of they lyrics wrong. It's been a while since I saw that episode.)

I am looking forward to these but the quality on the transformers pieces have me concerned. I only bought the blind pack of transformers and the quality is definitely not like Lego. I wish Lego was making these, but I will still pick up at least the blind packs.

haven't bought any of the transformer ones, but i may pick up some of the gi joe ones.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    "Frozen Fudgees what a treat! Covered with chocolate, really sweet! Loaded with caramel, and raisins, and nuts! They melt in your mouth...and rot in your guts!" (Forgive me if I got any of they lyrics wrong. It's been a while since I saw that episode.)
    I believe the last lyric is "and turn to lead in your guts!"
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    I think they look cool, but I'm not real interested. I got into the Lego stuff when my son went through that stage, and these to me (he has a couple of them that I think people mistook for Lego when they bought them) and they just don't seem to be as good of quality. BUT, to be fair, I ahven't messed with a lot of these.

love these! i will be buying them for sure.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Has anyone used Kre-O minifigs with Lego? I don't have any Kre-O but I presume that they both fit together?

I am hoping they do because I already have a handful of Lego vehicles made so I can just pop the Kre-O minifigs right in.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    If nothing else I have to get the Jinx figure.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I have no idea what Kre-Os are, but those look to be nothing more than Minimates, and I hated Minimates.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It is not Kre-O but since the reveal of GI Joe Kre-O I have been on a mission to have more vehicles to go with the minifigs. Using the MLCad Lego program I have made these. Some are my own designs and some are copied from other builders, all will be made with Lego at some stage.

I am really looking forward to when GI Joe Kre-O gets released. I want it to be popular because there is so much that can be done in this style that isn't, or can't, be done in the 4" style.
    Last edited by TheFallen; November 11, 2012 at 01:39am.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I'd want the CC figure- with new hands, come on Hasbro, he's the leader of a terrorist group and he's gonna run around leaving fingerprints on everything?- but the sets are boring and you have to buy an expensive boring set to get the one figure I even care about. "Boring" being an operative word here because shy of the Trubble Bubble these all look like they could be generic sets from any line. I have no idea what the mech is but it's not SNAKE armor. I'll spend my money on Best Lock's Terminator sets when they finally come out.

When someone's posted customs look more like the real thing than official sets, something is very wrong. The lack of a HISS tank? No excuse.

But GI Joe getting mismanaged and a lazy final product seems to be the norm with Hasbro now, which is why Brian Goldner needs the boot and someone else can step in who will let the GI Joe department do a real job, instead of diverting the company focus to Michael Bay, talking tribbles and pop singer dolls(I refuse to call that stuff "rock" by any definition... if that is rock music then Hootie & The Blowfish are death metal) while their founding brand rots from total neglect and Joe fans passively don't much care(it's why I left the Joe fan boards, I got sick of their rampant stupidity and apathy towards Hasbro treating GI Joe like garbage). You can say what you want about Mattel but Hasbro is far from sainthood in how they treat fans and how they neglect their own brands.