Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Tokyo website has TOD Sorceress for sale!

I know this is a long shot but I am between pays and got rid of all of my credit cards would someone kindly pick one up and I get it payment out next Wed (That's my payday)

I'm NOT paying E-Bay prices for her...

PLMK

Thanks!
    Last edited by Megalodon; October 18, 2012 at 07:18pm.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    I guess they didnt sell out at the art show....
    You'd think they were the hottest selling item of all time, considering some of the asking prices I've seen here in the Marketplace.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Thank you! I just bought one, and that will help tremendously since December will already be an expensive month.....so it's nice to get this early and not have to worry about it. I really didn't want one too bad, but now with Grayskull being released, I really want that holder for the orb to put in there.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Well, I guess it's a good thing that many U.S. fans are already getting her now from Toy Tokyo. That leaves us internationals with a slightly higher chance of getting her from Matty in December.
    Didn't think of it like that, great point!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior
    Ordered,thanks for the heads up!!

Heroic Warrior
    Not going to take a chance that I won't be able to get this off matty, ordered one NOW... Thanks

They're effectively not offering it. Who would be crazy enough to pay those rates?
    In a way I'm surprised they don't; Toy Tokyo is a pretty good retailer of imported product and would've thought they may have some could rates for all international orders. But I'm not too keen on their business model but maybe if anyone is really interested you could ask?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Just picked up 3 on the Toy Tokyo site. The shipping was crazy high, but at least I know I'm getting them and not having to pay ebay prices. Shipping to Iowa by USPS was $27!!

Just noticed they are now showing Low Stock.

Now Out of Stock
    Last edited by Lipster; October 18, 2012 at 08:37pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Just noticed they are now showing LOW STOCK.
    Ha! Well, you essentually drove a truck labeled "He-Man.Org" on the side, opened up the back, and we all piled out and grabbed what we could. I certainly couldn't pass up that deal! A dollar cheaper AND I don't have to deal with Matty (also also wik: I don't have to pay for her in December when i'll be rolling out the cash carpet for Granamyr).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    I scored her an a harley quinn pullip for my wife, thanks man!

Ordered mine! Thanks for the heads up! $22 plus $6.80 for Priority Mail and no tax is a pretty hard to pass up. That's much cheaper and faster than ordering from Matty/Digital River themselves!!

What I assume is happening is their store is not setup to actually contact the USPS or UPS by weight, its basically doing each s/h x whatever you get. So if its $7 normal and you get 3 its $21. I had this problem with my store until I talked to the USPS to get access to their pricing server so that when the total weight goes in it gives back the right quote.

Not saying its bad or wrong, just after seeing numerous people give their shipping totals that appears to be how its setup. So they are not intentionally charging a lot, its just how things are setup.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    In a way I'm surprised they don't; Toy Tokyo is a pretty good retailer of imported product and would've thought they may have some could rates for all international orders. But I'm not too keen on their business model but maybe if anyone is really interested you could ask?
    I mean, they do offer international shipping. But the rates for even the cheapest option are so prohibitive, that it's basically as good as not offering it. Some other U.S. toy stores that I've checked (such as BBTS) also offer international shipping options with similarly prohibitive rates (because none offer simple USPS First Class, but only tracked Priority or Express or FedEx/DHL/UPS/etc.), so those too are off-limits for most international buyers (or those of us who are not made of money). Basically, we're left with Matty/DR, eBay, and the European branches of Amazon/Amazon Marketplace—or at least, that I know of (I'd be quite interested in finding some other European-based online stores that carry action figure lines from American companies).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Ha! Well, you essentually drove a truck labeled "He-Man.Org" on the side, opened up the back, and we all piled out and grabbed what we could. I certainly couldn't pass up that deal! A dollar cheaper AND I don't have to deal with Matty (also also wik: I don't have to pay for her in December when i'll be rolling out the cash carpet for Granamyr).
    The guys at Toy Tokyo might be wondering where all this sudden ToD Sorceress-hungry flashmob came from, after apparently having had her pegwarming in their NYC store for days on end.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; October 18, 2012 at 09:14pm.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I missed her
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

I mean, they do offer international shipping. But the rates for even the cheapest option are so prohibitive, that it's basically as good as not offering it. Some other U.S. toy stores that I've checked (such as BBTS) also offer international shipping options with similarly prohibitive rates (because none offer simple USPS First Class, but only tracked Priority or Express or FedEx/DHL/UPS/etc.), so those too are off-limits for most international buyers (or those of us who are not made of money). Basically, we're left with Matty/DR, eBay, and the European branches of Amazon/Amazon Marketplace—or at least, that I know of (I'd be quite interested in finding some other European-based online stores that carry action figure lines from American companies).

The guys at Toy Tokyo might be wondering where all this sudden ToD Sorceress-hungry flashmob came from, after apparently having had her pegwarming in their NYC store for days on end.
    Ok thanks for the information. Another question is: Is there any real TRUE method or BEST way international customers can get items out of the U.S. without the heavy fees? I'm just curious cause I did at point have interest in helping international .org members and wondering if there is?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    Did anyone receive an invoice/confirmation of your purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by prince.nothing View Post
    Did anyone receive an invoice/confirmation of your purchase?
    Yeah...I have an order summary invoice in my email.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    I did almost immediately.

only the PAYPAL invoice.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Got one from them, I did get an order confirmation but it went to my spam folder. Be sure to check there for yours, prince.nothing.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I didn't receive an invoice. But I can see it when I login to their site. It says my order is in "pending" state.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Well, I hope everyone who wanted one got it. Now here's hoping those that bought one today for a reasonable price don't try to use the term "RARE" to price gouge someone on e-Bay.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Ok thanks for the information. Another question is: Is there any real TRUE method or BEST way international customers can get items out of the U.S. without the heavy fees? I'm just curious cause I did at point have interest in helping international .org members and wondering if there is?
    Well, the best method also happens to be the riskiest, which is to send the item through an untracked, uninsured service (i.e. USPS First Class, or that obscure Mail on the Move carrier used by DR). I guess this riskiness is the reason why this shipping method is not offered by BBTS or Toy Tokyo.

The item must also be declared to be of relatively low value (better if that low value also happens to be its true value, of course ), because higher-priced items might catch the customs staff's eye even if sent through unregistered mail. The limit above which packages get the customs sting varies wildly from country to country. British fans have been reporting that their UK Royal Mail is now charging them on any package above twenty-something dollars (which is why there was such a roar when Mattel announced the price increase for 2013, meaning UK fans are now going to be sorely stung for every Matty package, even those with just 1 regular figure). The limit seems to be higher in some other countries, such as mine (Spain) where it appears to be somewhere between $50 and $100, though it's basically a lotto whether it will get caught or not (I've had one Matty package for slightly over one-hundred dollar's worth of figures miraculously pass unharmed, whereas another worth $60 got stung with a $30 customs bill ($10 V.A.T. + $20 customs-handling) because, after Mail on the Move routed it through Sweden, it got strangely sent from Sweden to Spain by registered mail—even though I had chosen DR's cheap unregistered S&H—and that ultimately caused the customs sting once it got to Barajas airport; however, most of my Matty packages I purposefully keep at a $44 two-figure size to try to avoid customs, so if one month I order 6 figures, I place 3 separate 2-figure orders).

On the outside of the package Digital River states only the total price for the items (without adding the S&H rate), and so far this appears to be the value that the customs staff seems to be looking at. Though they might eventually decide to open the package to have a look at the actual invoice, because legally it's the total payment for the package including S&H the one that goes towards the customs limit (and the one on which taxes are then to be calculated). How much they charge on customs fees also varies wildly from country to country. I've read horror stories about some countries, such as Argentina, having customs fees in the order of 50% of the package's value. Over here, though, V.A.T. is 21% (and was 18% till recently, but with all the economic crisis going on our goverment has been financially crushing us with tax increase after tax increase). Customs duties may also be charged on the package depending on what kind of contents it contains and the laws of each country (in my country, toys of relatively low value seem to be free of this fee, but many other items such as clothes would be charged). Finally, the customs-handling fees are not exacted by the country's government, but charged by (and therefore dependent on) the carrier itself or some third-party customs-handling broker (UK Royal Mail apparently charges reasonable fees of only a few pounds, whereas Spanish Correos charges about €15 per package regardless of size and value, and private carriers such as UPS or DHL may charge even more).

All in all, the surest way for the recipient to get a painful "ransom" notice is to have the package sent through a private-carrier service (because they are the ones who charge and keep the customs-handling fee; i.e., they get a significant profit out of it, which insures they won't let a single customs-eligible package escape their greedy customs-handling hands). Another sure way to hear cha-ching is to use a tracked shipping method offered by a public carrier (such as USPS Priority or Express). The "safest" way to fend off the fearsome customs sting is, then, to use cheap unregistered mail and send the items in relatively small, low-valued packages. But, as stated before, it's also the riskiest in that the package may get lost or stolen.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I questioned yesterday if I should order one, and I did. I got my shipping confirmation today. Cool deal.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12