Thread: Mattycollector update - New wallpapers & 2014 calendar updates

Mattycollector update - New wallpapers & 2014 calendar updates

Matty has the newest Sale Calendar up including the new minis in February (Does anyone remember how much these are going to run or were we just told "a little more than the SDCC ones"?)
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ales_schedules

New Wallpapers in the Fan Zone including Big Battle, King Hssss #1 & #2, Mer-Man #1 & #2, MOTU 30th Anniversary Art by Udon, and Trap Jaw #1 & #2 among the others....
    http://collecting.mattycollector.com...x?CategoryId=5
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Wow!

Man...too bad UDON doesn't have the MOTU license.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

All of this art is better than what's being presented to us in DC Comics' current vision of MOTU. While I'm getting used to the DC redesigns, looking at these amazing wallpapers just goes to show- MOTU doesn't really need a visual overhaul because the classic designs are still top-notch when rendered right by a really good artist.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Remember all the hate when UDON was doing the art for a style guide a few years ago? How He-Man looked like Ken Masters from Street Fighter? LMAO!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    All of this art is better than what's being presented to us in DC Comics' current vision of MOTU. While I'm getting used to the DC redesigns, looking at these amazing wallpapers just goes to show- MOTU doesn't really need a visual overhaul because the classic designs are still top-notch when rendered right by a really good artist.
    Can I get a hell yeah?!

I also wish they'd give the POP ladies some love. I'd kill to see a battle scene like this on Etheria.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

This is some great art! Finally some new official art that doesn't just concentrate on the same tired 8-back characters. The inclusion of King Hiss and Stinkor makes this a winner for me! But it would have been great to see a few POP ladies thrown in there too or at the very least have She-Ra in there.

I'd certainly buy a comic book in this style.

And I seem to recall them saying the minis were going to be $20 at SDCC.

Oooh nice, we finally get to see the Gygor vs Vykron art in full. Hope they keep adding more of the new art in the Fan Zone.
    Last edited by Jean; January 17, 2014 at 03:33pm.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

This picture has great lines and colors.

The proportions are a bit off if you ask me and some facts are messed up(Stratos´ sock feet-very MOTUC but than Mer-Man has five fingers) but that´s nit picking on a super high level.

It´s a great picture and i love all those details.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Very cool artwork, except maybe a bit Japanese for my tastes. I think the current DC comics are an excellent update of the characters, and would love to see a comic of similarly high quality done in a more classic style, like the piece above.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Man..that Udon MOTU artwork is beautiful! If only the DC Comic looked like this! So glad I dropped that abomination of a series!

The battle scene is pretty cool, and like some others have said it's nice to see a larger variety of MOTU characters. I do wish they had incorporated some of the POP characters, or at least She-Ra.

Also, is Evil-Lyn in the battle scene? I don't see her (or the Sorceress) anywhere on there. I can see them omitting the Sorceress, but most MOTU images with Skeletor's henchmen include Evil-Lyn somewhere.

Heroic Warrior
    That artwork is ruined by the garbage at the top and bottom.

That Battle artwork looks great....but that Panthor helmet. UGH!!! I hate it.

Wow that battle picture is amazing! I wish we could get Classics comic from DC in that style and not the redesigns we are getting from them.

Great to also see a big version of the GYgor/Vykron picture, that is sweet! Wish we could get a mini-comic telling the story from that picture. Now we've got a bigger version of this is that Lord Choloh on the throne?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Hey guys! Matt Moylan here, Managing Editor at UDON. If you're wondering, the line art for this piece was done by our own Joe Ng, with colours by Espen Grundetjern.

Glad you all like the piece! It's been super-fun any time we've gotten to work with Mattel on a project like this. We actually created this piece for Mattel quite some time ago... how far back? well, Clawful had not yet been announced, hence why he's got a more 200x-ish head. But I think we made some pretty good guesses at "classicizing" the other characters who hadn't been created in MOTUC form yet.

I will say sticking Zodac in the chair all Metron-style was one of my suggestions Glad Joe included that!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Remember all the hate when UDON was doing the art for a style guide a few years ago? How He-Man looked like Ken Masters from Street Fighter? LMAO!
    I know the artwork you are talking about, however the style guide art was not provided by UDON, it was a different art studio. The only UDON MOTU art that is out there is the above piece, and the two Heroes & Villains group shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post

And I seem to recall them saying the minis were going to be $20 at SDCC.
    Thanks Jean
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The Minis the same month Modulok and Glimmer come out?

Guess I'll be passing on them for now...
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Heroic Warrior
    I really wish that the Mini's would have their own sub so they could be combined to save on shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    I really wish that the Mini's would have their own sub so they could be combined to save on shipping...
    That's what I was hoping for too.

Heroic Podcaster
    Hate the size change but I will still buy the new minis. Love that artwork!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! Blast Attak Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor ELDOR! Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma Rotar
    Saurod SPINNERELLA! Sssqueeze SWEET BEE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Wow, even with the art enlarged I cannot tell if Red Shadow is wearing a mask or what. Why would he wear one, and what the heck is it a mask of?

Also so is that Lord Choloh in the background of the Vykron and Gygor art (EPIC beard! No wonder it became an exclamation)? Is it wrong I'd be much more excited to get him, his guards, and those scantily clad ladies as figures than I was to get Vykron?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Well it kind of still does and kind of still isn't that great a fit, but by now yeah we've seen much worse.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 20, 2014 at 11:15am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Lodar wallpaper now available.