Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opened my first MOTU Classic...Shokingly disappointed :-0

To each their own as to whether they like to open their figures or not.I keep mine carded as I enjoy the way they look displayed better. After all these QC issues I'm glad I've done so. Some of these figures appear so fragile on top of the paint scratch issues I don't know how Mattel can justify these figues being played with.I'm sure it comes down to sales,why would they tell their consumer you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    To each their own as to whether they like to open their figures or not.I keep mine carded as I enjoy the way they look displayed better. After all these QC issues I'm glad I've done so. Some of these figures appear so fragile on top of the paint scratch issues I don't know how Mattel can justify these figues being played with.I'm sure it comes down to sales,why would they tell their consumer you can't.
    I am for the most part a lover of MISP things....I reluctantly opened my MOTUC collection when I thought I was going to move back in October, but plans fell through, and I was left with a 90% Loose collection....oh well, after weeks of messing with different display options, I finally settled on one I love, and I still yet refined it more as of a few weeks ago to what it still is now.

But I kept the Blastic figures sealed until I got the urge I couldn't fight, but I kept the packages i a state I could toss the figures back in anytime I choose, and my Zoloworld cases make them appear as if they were still sealed....I do have 3 still MOSC....Shadow Weaver, an extra She-Ra & Trap Jaw, since I modified She-Ra once I opened her to look better on the shelf, and I used my first Kronis head for my Dragstor custom.

I still have a virtual MOSC collection as a custom pictures I made for a slide show on my desktop, I also love the MOTUC packages, they are all uniform for once in something I collect....at times I still regret opening them, but I have to admit, with the backer cards as a background....they look great on my shelves, side by side in order of release, not clustered all in lumps, that bugs me so much, this way I can see everything of each figure, and I can take them from the shelf without worrying if bumping one will cause a domino effect. I have my toy collection in a moderate sized walk in closet, safe from daylight, and safe from dust, so long as the door stays closed, and I am happy, but still having openers remorse at times, but rebuilding a small new MOSC collection helps with that.

Also to note, the painted figures I opened haven't chipped or anything, Spikor has a few tiny specks of missing paint on the back of one shoulder, Skeletor has on pin hole in the paint, but you can see under one wrist joint it wasn't fully painted, the top of Rattlor's tail section where it meets his shoulder blades isn't fully painted, but they're both mostly hidden in seems, and Castle Grayskullman had a spot on him I thought was dirt, turns out it took a small chip of paint off when I scratched at it, but I managed to color match him luckily and now you can't see it. But I have had no further issues aside from the ones they had when they first came out of the package....Rattlor's paint is nice and solid, as is Meks....but I am still afraid to move Skeletor too much. Possibly because of the lighter blue will show any at all spots of black even tiny tiny ones....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 23, 2012 at 11:06pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I've seen your collection pictures and it looks nice & uniform. I ended up displaying mine on 18-35 inch shelves by the release waves of the vintage figures.At Power-con 2 I got to touch a figure out of package for the first time and it felt rather strange..

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    I've seen your collection pictures and it looks nice & uniform. I ended up displaying mine on 18-35 inch shelves by the release waves of the vintage figures.At Power-con 2 I got to touch a figure out of package for the first time and it felt rather strange..
    They do feel strange at first, more softer than you'd think....I was used to dealing with Transformers and they are hard plastic....and when I got a second Faker back in August of '11 I opened my first MOTUC, and I wasn't used to the feeling of these things....they felt delicate, but the more I messed with Faker, the more I liked how they felt, and realized outside of a few possibilities, they really aren't that delicate. But I'll tell you what the ones that have really tight joints....man, watch out how you loosen them up....I thought I was going to break Demo Man's feet right off, then I heated him up a bit, and he loosened right up. The Palace Guard buck I bought for my Filmation MAA custom was super tight, and DB Skeletor's right shoulder, the one that's up in the package was stuck, I had to heat it up as well.

But then you get the ones that can't stand up because the ankles are too loose....????....the one thing I hate about the line is the inconsistent quality. Most of the new ones are good, and tight, but Khan has loose ankles on both of the ones I bought, Frosta had loose elbows and one knee. Spikor, Randor, TP He-Man, SMAA, Horde Prime, Rattlor (especially), Mekaneck, Fisto, DB Skeletor, Castle Grayskullman....all have the best joints I have ever seen in this line. The Worst....Beast Man, He-Man (ankles), Mo-Larr set Skeletor, Adora (ankles), Keldor (ankles).

The long loin cloths suck, they seriously limit posability, except on Rattlor....MOSC figures can hide flaws I found out....my first Trap Jaw and I never noticed it MOSC....had a backwards foot, and the calf was turned around, the packaging hid it....once I opened it, it still took me like a week to notice it, and that was because I had him standing next to Man E Faces....I had to pop the foot off and turn it around, now he's fine.

But despite the delicate feeling to these things for the most part they are tough (except, Grizzlor, Moss Man, Goddess & Snout Spout), I bought my son his first He-Man when he turned 2, he is still playing with it, it's still in one piece aside from the joints being a little looser, but not that bad considering it's been a year now, and he's played with it so many times. I also gave him my extra Demo Man, and he is doing well too. He also has Transformer Rescue Bots & a few Iron Man 4 & 6" figures, and the DCU Green Lantern that came with the TRU Zodac.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!