• I have always been a She-Raver

16 57.14%
  • As an adult

6 21.43%
  • I have them to complete my MoTu collection

6 21.43%

Thread: This one is for the guys

This one is for the guys

My wife told me that the guys who were fans of She-Ra back in the 80's were the original "Bronies"
    While the ponies don't do it for me, I had no problem admitting to being a She_Raver. So I thought I'd ask the rest of my "Brutha, She-Ra Luva's" to tell us how they started. Be honest now, LOL.
    Last edited by Mezmiro; October 19, 2013 at 05:32pm.

As a child, the only She-Ra exposure I really had was from the Secret of the Sword movie. So, while I loved that movie, I can't really say that I was a She-Raver when I was a kid. It's only been since adulthood that I got to see the entire cartoon, collected the vintage toys, and love the MOTUC POP figures being released.

Heroic Warrior
    Just to complete. I did have hordes as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    My wife told me that the guys who were fans of She-Ra back in the 80's were the original "Bronies"
    While the ponies don't do it for me, I had no problem admitting to being a She_Raver. So I thought I'd ask the rest of my "Brutha, She-Ra Luva's" to tell us how they started. Be honest now, LOL.
    Later on as adult watched the cartoons (which I prefer over he-Man's even though love both) and got into the She-Ra toy as well started recollecting MOTU toys.

I always liked She-Ra because she's a part of MOTU.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

customizer of greyskull nightwing.'s Avatar
    I have always been a She-Ra fan.
    I always thought the She-Ra cartoon series had much stronger story lines compared to He-Man. Dont get me wrong though, i love the He-man cartoons too.
    & no MOTU figure collection is complete without the POP characters, they are all part of the same universe in my opinion. Even as a kid I always classed them as the same toy line
    Last edited by nightwing.; April 10, 2017 at 11:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwing. View Post
    I have always been a She-Ra fan.
    I always thought the She-Ra cartoon series had much stronger story lines compared to He-Man. Dont get me wrong though, i love the He-man cartoons too.
    & no MOTU figure collection is complete without the POP characters, they are all part of the same universe in my opinion. Even as a kid & always classed them as the same toy line
    Amen to that sister! My vintage collection is at the moment all on a table (for lack of a more suitable place lol). It's just cool to see how the Heroic and Evil Warriors, the Great Rebellion and Evil Horde (MOTU and POP's) can just be on the same surface, brotherly and sisterly, like one happy family if you like

I've always been a fan of the cartoon. Unlike He-Man, it originally didn't air in my town, so I only watched it back then when I went to my grandma's. It is basically an extension of the original He-Man show and was more of a unisex show. Not including the original Horde, about a third of the episodes still featured Masters of the Universe characters. The original toyline was geared towards girls and the doll market, so I never really got into it.